FIX Scaling please, everything overtuned after prepatch!

So why release the pre patch? :joy: I’d rather be overpowered doing my quest than being in this limbo state for over a month or probably longer

6 Likes

Today I started WoD on an alt. I was doing 200 Sinister Strikes while my bodyguard was doing 10k Crits. Yeah okay.

2 Likes

If only that were true to post.

Activision has missed tons of mob abilities which do things like flat damage or stat reductions during prior squishes. It appears as though no one on their end actually goes through each dungeon mob or anything like that.

They rely on ignoring the PTR then fixing it weeks after the PTR build gets pushed to live.

2 Likes

Yea, only problem is this is all current content still. This is NOT a new expansion. We do not have new gear, +10 levels, etc…

With a level /stat squish only raw numbers should have been reduced, there should be zero difficulty change. Which we are seeing with current content.

People still farming rares in measly Mechagon for the mounts know what I mean. Something is off with their calculations in the squish. People in Beta complained about it, but it was left as is.

7 Likes

From my initial testing, wod raid trash is fine but the bosses take roughly twice as long to kill as before the prepatch. I haven’t tested legion raids yet but I will soon.

100% true.

This is how it should feel when starting NEW content. Not doing old content. I understand this is the Shadowlands pre patch, but there is no new content.

Making old content harder does not equal a fresh experience or more fun experience.

8 Likes

I have been doing some further quest… I mean 'TESTING" and there is no doubt we’ve been hit by a strong nerf bat.

1 Like

I did some Legion dungeons last night (leveling) and was getting my ars tore up, the healer was struggling to keep me alive. After a few of them I went back to BFA dungeons.

Meanwhile a level 10 rogue with 44 ilevel gear comes in and one shots everything.

Working as intended. :woman_facepalming:

A lot of legion stuff is a no go right now.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I attempted to run a dungeon with my Dark Iron warrior that I’ve been leveling last night. When the queue popped it was Auchenai Crypts. We could not make it past Shirrak no matter how hard we tried.

Ran Hellfire Ramparts after that and there was no problems whatsoever, granted that has for the most part been an easy one to begin with. I would argue that it was made easier since the tank could mass pull entire rooms and we survived every single time.

It just appears that some things are fine while others could use adjustments. Basically, that’s every pre-patch ever.

It’s just sad that it takes a ruckus on the forums for them to acknowledge there are issues and they get around to addressing them.

I remember when they sneaked in mob scaling based on item level without any patch notes and people figured out that they were having a better time questing by taking off their gear!

Either developers are not playing their own game or they are making things harder on purpose for more /played time for their Activision overlords.

2 Likes

Doing dungeons last night on a Void Elf Holy Priest I had just made, cleared Blood Furnace just fine until the final boss where the tank got one shot for a 1.2k Shadow Bolt.

We didn’t think much of it as the group decided to queue for Mists of Pandaria content. Running Temple of the Jade Serpent again all went fine until the final boss. At Sha of Doubt on our first attempt, I took a single tick from Nothingness that dealt 830 damage to me I have 750 health. Again we put it down to a freak thing and tried again but it happened over and over, it wasn’t always 800+ damage but sometimes 200, sometimes 500, more damage than my poor Level 13 Holy Priest could ever heal in her life.

2 Likes

Ok so after testing for a while, I noticed that the harshest scaling is for level 52+ mobs. It’s like those mobs are scaled to Shadowlands content or something.

This is the issue though. They delayed SL because they had the balance all off which is everythign baked into the pre patch. So… SL is wonky and to help adjust it, they are letting the entire community play test all the class changes in live. My warrior and a couple other toons feel useless in a lot of situations and the class changes do nothing to add any improvement. Essentially, my plate wearers are squishy and my clothies need not apply.

2 Likes

So, I hopped on my mage who I was about leveling mid range (only 40 or so before the patch dropped) and have since gotten up to about 42 (two days, lol). What I found, is there is indeed a nerf somewhere. I was def alot stronger before and could 2-3 shoot trash with arcane missiles. Now, takes 3-5 to take down same mobs right after patch. It is not just damage scaling, if it was that then I would’ve been fine due to blasting down trash before and now it takes longer to do. IDC really that I die abit more or even that I was nerfed, I got many toons I could otherwise work on or otherwise, more that the claims that damage scaling for enemies is the reason for the feeling is just false and indicates something else is the reason.

On the YT, saw some qq’ing about raids taking longer to kill now even for old content. Like, no instant one shot. Maybe we should start playing naked, I think I may test that now. lol

Anyone who owns a couple of twinks can tell you that this just wasn’t a simple level and stat squish. What people aren’t realizing is that on top of the global squish, there’s also scaling which is what this thread is addressing.

He isn’t complaining about being level 50 or that he can’t see huge number values flash his screen anymore, it’s that the scaling is creating massive inconsistencies between certain content and certain NPCs.

As it is on live currently, it is more ideal to bring a handful of low levels to annihilate bosses (of any content) than it is to bring a handful of correctly leveled characters for the same task. Since the content is scaled down for the lower levels, and the content is either scaled up significantly or equally for the higher ones.

This results in some pretty wonky encounters. For example, when a level 45 tank was 5 shot to some BC boss, my level 22 fury warrior tanked the same exact encounter successfully. The boss did damage proportional to my warriors level, which was damn near negligible - while doing even more damage to the player considerably higher than me.

They fuzzed up the math big time, and I promise you this will be changed in some capacity before SL drops.

if you’re set on defending the current scaling, just consider the following image. This is my furry fury warrior:

imgur/a/jNpDku4

All those other players were between 40-45 at the time. I was practically one shotting everything in the instance at level 22, while they could barely poke holes through the same NPCs.

7 Likes

If they would just simplify things and stop worrying about dated content being too easy or too quick then a lot of development time would be saved.

Here is a message to Blizzard:

Stop worrying too much about ‘engagement metrics’ and let people have fun and feel overpowered every now and then!

Random Smashyjoe the aspiring warrior who has a couple of kids and is over-worked just like you are will appreciate time less spent on frustrating dated content and might consider spending time doing pet battles or hunting secret vanity items. These are difficult times all over the world and maybe consider the quality of game time spent much more than the quantity.

Word to the motherpluckin Bird.

1 Like

Your so correct. Blizzard wasting their time fixing systems that no one wanted in SL is way more important.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-october/666214

SMH :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

Blizzard apologists and shills will come in here and insist it’s cause corruption is gone. When that is proven wrong they pivot and say it’s cause you’re not max level as if you have to be max level for some reason to get back to nearly how strong you were before this patch.

5 Likes