FIX Scaling please, everything overtuned after prepatch!

Agreed, they significantly reduced how much content you can experience because it takes too long to experience it now because of the imbalance in scaling. Makes it less fun, especially when most people are probably catching up on alts at this point in the xpac.

Haven’t thought about the poor fresh alts or returning players! I had leveled and moderately geared all my alts to farm gold for the longboi. It must be brutal.

2 Likes

Yea, she’s still wearing some heirloom pieces. lol

The content also wasn’t adjusted. For example you still aggro a lot of mobs in Naztajar. You used to be able to hit that many but now you can’t.

2 Likes

There are 2 major documented nerfs to characters in the form of AoE caps and corruption removal. My gripe is that on top of that scaling hugely favors mobs which makes it even harder to do your dailies and such!

1 Like

Level squish is needed also. Did you really want to level to 130 and again for an alt?

1 Like

Figured that was the point of the PTR.

2 Likes

Actual balancing isn’t a thing that happens in WoW. If players get used to how a thing works, or how to do a thing, Blizzard is going to do something to throw a wrench in it. It’s literally what they do.

Maybe they think content X should be harder or easier, or maybe they just want players to have to go back to the drawing board and spend more time figuring out how to do the thing they paid money to do, which is play the game. But, I really wouldn’t get my hopes up about things being ‘balanced’ before I reach level 60. Blizzard isn’t going to spend too much time balancing old content, which is what we’re in now. Old content.

If they simply kept everything in proportion then the only issues would be AoE nerfs and corruptions. If they lets say removed the two least significant digits in the numbers but kept everything as it was then there would have been a minimal effect on players. But they went ahead and spent some development time in the tuning to make things harder.

2 Likes

I think it’s good. It’s harder now, have to actually play the game. It should if been this hard all along.

2 Likes

Think of the next month as an exponentially expanded PTR. Everyone is participating in the PTR now.

4 Likes

I’m not saying it wasn’t needed, I’m just saying there is a difference between level squish and stat squish. Honestly IMHO leveling is a dated concept and they should have just left it at 120 for Shadowlands. There are other things questing can be used for besides grinding XP… Rep for example.

1000% this… Spot on.

I don’t think Blizzard is pushing towards making the content harder or easier. I think they are pushing towards players just not knowing how to do something because Blizzard has obfuscated it. Little bit of level squish, little bit of skill ‘balancing’, toss in a bunch of old skills that may or may not be useless and taadaa! People now have to spend more time to do the same things.

I say this because I’ve seen similar discussions to this one over the years. “Blizzard made X harder for no reason!” and then Blizzard doesn’t fix it and then players figure out how to make it easy again. Or Blizzard “fixes” it, but breaks it in a whole new way. I really don’t think what they are doing is balancing things in a way to make game play work the way players want.

1 Like

And this is why sub numbers are down. I honestly don’t think any of this is intentional. Sure Blizz will try to milk as much play time as possible from us, but at the same time they can’t push us away.

1 Like

#Hardcore bois

I am looking around for an addon that will display combat numbers are percentages in order to gain insight through this obfuscation. It is not unreasonable to want to know if I got more powerful from getting a new epic or that this power has been nullified due to mobs scaling to my item level!!

YUP, you could level in BFA by smashing your face on the keyboard, now it takes a little bit of attention.

Its funny i did some assaults on each of my toons since i nearly have all classes(not including dk or hunter) and the easiest one to finish those worlds quests was my demo warlock, it felt exactly the same.

The only ones i bothered farming corruptions were my rogue, monk and shaman. Yet it was my warlock that topped.

I havnt tested old raids yet but now im curious and should.

I just got my warlock to cap. Armor was crap and I had no issue with the last 3 levels.

OP. We are about to enter a new xpac. The new greens, blues and purps will make you more powerful than you are right now. What is happening is common after a squish, does not mean that there might be a few things off but you are supposed to start each xpac a bit on the “hey this is challenging” side of the game. Again, there will be a few things off, but this is normal til things get tweaked.

1 Like