FIX LFR. Players with Mythic tier win tier token

I do not know how we lived without it back when the game was at its height!

/s

And yet, IO reveals you wearing raid gear…

It’s restricted for every other appearances.

The same should apply to THE MOST IMPORTANT LOOT IN LFR. Namely, Tier.

Or bring out catalyst already.

Let’s not be daft here, you can’t exactly make soup with it or use it to patch up the screen door your dog ran through.

It’s only purpose to is to be tier gear.

1 Like

Blizz could do a better job of appearances. Like looting a higher piece should unlock the lower appearances so people who don’t need them for ilvl/upgrade wont need to roll just for an appearance.

3 Likes

Or just sell ensembles for currency instead of having to use the stupid Catalyst and finding M+ gear at all levels to recreate the set.

No it’s 100% true.

Again false. PL dropped gear based on the classes in the group.

Example. My BIS mage trinket drops from m0 uldaman.

I put together a group of guildies

A prot pal
Two mages
Warlock
Druid

Paladin set their loot spec to holy and Druid to boomkin.

We forced the trinket to drop and it was traded to me.

False. You “upped your chances” because more people could loot it, but you didn’t “force” it to

1 Like

I read the article, its doesnt explain anything.

Personal loot rolled against players just like group loot. If it only rolled aganst computers, you would see alot more loot dropping than it did.

Personal Loot: say 4 items which would be 20 players, since 1 piece drops per 5 people.
1/20
1/19
1/18
1/17
Those are your odds of being choosen to get loot. You didnt roll agaisnt the computer, as a set limit of loot could be won.

Since only 4 items dropped, if you won an item under personal loot, it would mean someone else wouldnt win anything. You are literaly rolling against everyone else to recieve loot under PL.

That’s not how PL works.

PL didn’t drop gear.

PL picked winners. Then just gave them something they could use. Your competition in PL is always the same. 20% chance of loot. Not “oh, a melee trinket dropped and your entire group is melee, you now have a 2% chance of winning!”. Everyone had the flat 20%.

2 Likes

Im not sure what you base this on.

This all seems like a super specific niche scenario thats just trying to strawman.

There isn’t a massive difference. In the personal loot model, the rolls all happened behind the scenes and the mage would’ve still had the tier item dropped in their bags. The OP could have then commenced with the begging and demanding using the same logic they can use here and it would lead to the same results.

The only difference is people are seeing the roles and instead of being mad at the invisible “system” for their “bad RNG”, they now can see the dice rolls and the winner “taking” the item from them.

It’s ultimately entitlement…people believing that, by default, geared people should automatically be deferring drops and “upgrades” to the less fortunate and geared.

But you fail to account for the hidden bad luck protection. Each roll you lost, odds to get an item went up

i must have missed the part where they explained anything in the quoted post?

He means in a scenario where you build your group for a specific piece of gear, you can. Like I want a tank trinket from X dungeon, I’ll get a group that have players with tank offspec so they can set their loot spec to that to maximize the odds of the trinket to drop at all.

I don’t see how it pertains to the discussion though.

The only bad luck protection they ever talked about was with bonus roll. Never was it mentioned for personal loot. And until you find source of it, I’ll just consider this gambler’s fallacy.

And people winning multiple tier pieces off the same boss.

And people just winning multiple pieces off a single boss at all.

There’s quite a few differences.

3 Likes

I didn’t word it perfectly but I just have an example of how we gamed the system to get the trinket to drop

PL is indeed easier to create loot funnel situations.

GL is easier to simply funnel loot with however.

Imagine running a 20 man split where you have to have people on certain classes to create the funnel. Vs just bringing 18 whatever and the 2 funnelers and giving them all the loot.

Both systems have their advantages for funneling.

You already fail to realize they admitted bad loot protection was a thing for Legion legendary items also. I wish I knew where it was that they admitted it was added to personal loot, but I never saw a single player walk out of personal loot raid by actually LOOTING off bosses 5+ items while others got 0.

Everyone always got 1-2 items in a full clear, that we traded around. It was never as unbalanced as it is right now

Nobody cares what your opinion is. I’m speaking specifically to why Blizzard made the change. And considering that, we also have to consider that Blizzard reverted the change…

Either way, I’ve seen absolutely zero indication the Blizzard has an issue with high geared people giving lower geared people their loot. I mean they allow boosting and gear for gold ffs…

You’re grabbing at straws now. Legiondaries wasn’t even part of the standard boss drops gear system, so it wasn’t tied to the same rules. Same thing for bonus rolls.

Well good, that means next week that guy won’t need on anything so you will have better odds at getting them!