Fishing Hole only moving between 2 zones

Since the Fryakk Assaults started the fishing hole is only moving between the Burning Ascent in Waking Shore and the Tryhold in Thaldraszus making it impossible to complete Taking from Nature if you need Grimtusk’s Fishing Hole in Azure Span. This makes it impossible to complete Army of the Fed and thus impossible to complete A World Awoken. This needs to be fixed.

5 Likes

Two weeks ago it was at the one in Ohn’ahran Plains. Last week it should have went to Azure for Grimtusk but it was blocked by the Fyrakk assault. I’m assuming either next week or the week after we’ll see both the plains and azure spot. I’ve yet to see Grimtusk’s either way since I started the meta farm a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

Two weeks ago it was at the one in Ohn’ahran Plains. Last week it should have went to Azure for Grimtusk but it was blocked by the Fyrakk assault. I’m assuming either next week or the week after we’ll see both the plains and azure spot. I’ve yet to see Grimtusk’s either way since I started the meta farm a few weeks ago.

This is the last achievement I need for A World Awoken. I have been watching for it on Stormrage for the last 8 weeks while doing the fishing nets for Best in Slot. It’s only been in Tyrhold (Thaldaszus) and Burning Ascent (Waking Shore). Not counting River Mouth, which never moves.

It won’t go to the same zone as the Fyrakk Assault. The assault is in the Ohn’ahran Plains this week, meaning it’ll go to the Azure Spawn next week, which means Grimtusk won’t happen next week.

3 Likes

Same here, completely blocked by this 1 fishing hole, and it’s not been up since the meta was added. So if you didn’t get this done back than, I guess we’re SOL?!?!? This is also the ONLY thing I have left.

2 Likes

It’s the only fishing hole I need to complete the meta. Since the achievement was added, I’ve been checking and it was never in azure span.

2 Likes

Same here it is starting to get really irritating.

2 Likes

This fishing hole is never available. Please fix this so the fishing spots rotate.

1 Like

I can guarantee you it was in Plains 2 weeks ago. I actually got the Lunker achievement portion when it was there so I can give you the definite day as well.

Besides that you literally just posted the same thing I said. If it goes back to plains next week again it should go to Azure the week after since the assault will be in Azure next week and back in plains the week after.

1 Like

Just checked and I received the Whole Heap of Lunkers on April 1st, so 4 weeks back not two apologies.

Definitely was not, been waiting on this since 10.2.6 went live with the new meta.

Was really hoping to finish the World Awoken achievement this week, but guess not. This is the last achievement I need as well.

1 Like

Same, I’ve not seen the Plains one in a long time. Unless I missed it, it’s not been up in ages. The one in Waking Shore is always up but the others tend to not be there if the assault is up.

1 Like

No, it was in Waking Shores two weeks ago. I have been tracking it since it is literally the last thing I need.

2 Likes

The Fyrakk assault should not block the Grimtusk fishing hole. It was up alongside the Fyrakk assault in Azure Span the week of 3/19 when the meta was announced. I have been doing the fish restock since 3/19 every week and the fishing hole was up in all four zones at least once. Be sure you have an ice axe crafted to be able to see the hole before it’s up next or you’ll just never think it’s there. The location of the fishing hole is random and not on a set rotation, but I’ve still seen every one of them recently enough.

1 Like

It definitely was NOT, it’s literally the only fishing hole I’m missing and I’ve been checking every week since 10.2.6 launched. And I have had the ice axe crafted for quite a while prior to 10.2.6 (and have even confirmed I can use it)

I know it was up that week because I recalled liking another bug report that the quest was still bugged on 3/20. I was going to make my own bug report at that time, but found this one. But in this case, despite the bug, you should be able to use your interact key or some camera finagling to reel in the catch according to wowhead comments. Hopefully you’ll get it soon.

I’m 1 Khaz’gorite Resin away from completing Best in Slot and have turned everything in. Please tell me again that I don’t have Ice Fishing unlocked.

Point is, I know what is needed for Grimtusk. I have been watching for it for at least the last 8 weeks and it has not been available.

1 Like

I didn’t say you specifically didn’t, I’m just trying to help those in the thread in case some did not do that. :frowning: It would prevent you from seeing the hole, so could be an actual issue for some.

Given the bug report, I know for sure it was up then, but somehow several people weren’t seeing it. Were you checking the map for it while in Azure Span itself or from another zone? The hole is practically on top of the Fyrakk assault NPC area so the map was kind of busy as well and might have been obscured.

I fly there each week specifically looking for the quest, so no it wasn’t there at all for me!

Hmm the only other thing I can think of is that the dailies don’t show if the hole restock is not high enough but you’d still see the hole most likely. I wonder if something else is phasing people out. Ah well, I wish you all luck in figuring it out.