FIrst time in classic

my friends say I need try classic wow up to level 20

so what do I need know be for I start (outside stupid high mount coast)

It’d be helpful to know what class and faction you’re planning to roll, and whether you’re going on a PVP or a PVE server. those things actually matter in Classic.

5 Likes

If you are a Warlock of Paladin, your level 40 mount is free.

4 Likes

It’s not free but the cost is minimal compared to buying a mount. The warlock mount is like 5g and same for the pally one. Warlocks are great for pvp, solo play, raiding, dungeons. Basically good at every aspect of the game.
Paladins are amazing healers and good dungeon tanks.

1 Like

Welcome!

My best advice is to find people to level with and guild with and do dungeons with and raid with and PvP with. There’s nothing like leveling together.

37 Likes

So many gnomes. I want to stand outside Org and punt every one of those as they run up to me

3 Likes

No, you only punt them to tenderize them properly. It makes the Gnome bacon sweeter. They are by far the best breakfast food.

5 Likes

Fixed that for you :wink:

1 Like

Ouch, looks like someone has never seen a good paladin tank.

6 Likes

I’ve seen good paladin tanks. Where ‘good’ here describes the skills of the player themself. And those ‘good’ paladin tanks are noticeably worse than ‘good’ druid or warrior tanks.

Are there paladin tanks who are better than some warrior tanks? Definitely. But is it due to the class design? No, it is actually against it.

2 Likes

Stay off the forums. You will find a high supply of negativity here about and and all things. Just get in the game, explore, make mistakes and enjoy.

17 Likes

Nah, a “good” paladin tank, with the right gear, is the best 5-mans tank, period. People are just stuck with the “lel pally need to drink every pull” meme.

Agreed.

2 Likes

Well, you don’t get mounts at level 20 if that’s what you’re thinking.

2 Likes

I love that pally have to drink. It helps me drink. I also like that I can power infuse paladins for better threat. The thing which makes paladins into passable tanks is the lack of a taunt. I can feel it when mobs are in my face eating me.

2 Likes

You don’t get a chauffeur at level 1, either :rofl:

2 Likes

Spam about 10 little heals, that gets their attention

1 Like

I’ve been tanking for a while now, and never had issues with threat with the exception of mobs / bosses that drop threat entirely. If you are playing with a pally tank and they aren’t salving you, or they are playing with SoR, they are not doing their job right.

If you don’t want other players choosing when you engage in wpvp, when you access dungeons, FP’s, boats, zeps, or questing/farming. Roll a pve server. It’s a simple choice that will impact how you play and the enjoyment you get.
Choose wisely.

5 Likes

In leveling 2 60’s and all my 60 dungeons I’ve seen 1 Paladino tank and literally all I remember being memorable about it was the fact that I as a healer, was waiting on him to regain mana after. Every. Single. Pull…

So not really a meme…

As a first time player roll PVE. Dont even question it. You’ll have a terrible time starting 30-40 otherwise

6 Likes