Fire Mage and Enhancement Shaman PvP Tuning - March 15

most things have been hitting warrior post d stance nerf
paired with refreshing waters making the healing probably still good on the enhance it just means we’ll heal our warriors for like 6k now and maybe 9k with swirling currents

might make turbo a lot worse and make specs that have other ways of being self reliant stronger with enhance like windwalker

Will these changes coupled with the new trinkets be enough to stop RMP from dominating the top of the ladder?

1 Like

big agree. thank you and please keep it up

meh
enhance heals itself a lot more than its team afaik. comps with less finite damage will get more benefit from going enh but comps that set up damage without stunning the kt still won’t wanna hit enh i expect

this is severely damaging arcane and frost survivability too, why couldn’t you address spec specific skills?

15 Likes

Cause its bad for the whole game?

3 Likes

That isn’t how math works.

100% base heal + 150% = 250%
100%+115%=215%
215/250=86%

So a 14% nerf.

7 Likes

I feel like with this change hitting enh can be good especially if they play necro/feral spirits lego where forcing them to use maelstrom on healing instead of lightning bolts and Ele blast really hurts their damage. War is def a viable target now though but it feels like dbts is up too often and they need a lot less spam heals due to ignore pain than what enh needs to stay afloat :confused: I guess we’ll see.

man that’s some real NA math KEKW here
it’s approximately a 15% nerf with 278 FL conduit, not 35%

2 Likes

Can you please address MW respresentation? Essence Font tier set is useless, the spec representation is atrocious in all content including WFR, M+, BG, and Arena.

Hahahaha Made it through the first round of cuts, boys. Who saw that coming? Not Mages, that’s who. xD

21 Likes

Setup Therapy

8 Likes

Good to see them nerf conduits specifically on Fire and left it alone for Frost and Arcane. At least that’s how it reads.

3 Likes

Oh man, wait till Setup sees this…

23 Likes

pretty sure we need some holy priests changes more than ev
class is pretty close to being unkillable with fly/ray and can heal basically forever. Nerf mage like that don’t really hit rmp or whatever, you gotta decrease holy priest healing as well as combust damage.
I know it’s a step to the good direction but we’ve never seen more than a few steps in the past few years so at this point a step isn’t really enough

1 Like

ty for the correction

figured taking conduit and nerfing it by 70% could just make each stack of maelstrom +3% instead of 10

Thanks, seems a lot more reasonable. Back to training War.

2 Likes

what do you mean? the conduit was adding 50% to the healing of a 5 stack mw, not 150%

I see an enhance shaman like once every 50+ arena or so, and they get nerfed before Hpriest, Rogue, or DH. LOL

20 Likes

This is amazing. The specifics of the changes aside. It’s so refreshing to see you communicate with us about pvp changes.

Thank you. More of this in this vein please.

7 Likes

Well as a sham i think this nerf is quite deserved and is a lot better than I expected
I do agree that hpriest and rogue needs a nerf at this point though

2 Likes