With scheduled weekly maintenance next week, we’re planning to make some adjustments to specs that are overperforming in PvP.
- Tempest Barrier’s (Conduit) absorb value reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
- Flamecannon’s (PVP Talent) buff duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 5 seconds).
- Pyrokinesis (PVP Talent) now causes Fireball to reduce the cooldown of Combustion by 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Tinder (PVP Talent) now reduces the cast time of your next Fireball by 30% (was 50%).
In Season 3, Fire Mages have been overperforming across all skill brackets in rated PvP, and we will be reducing the power of commonly picked talents to better fit within other spec representation and performance.
Additionally, we want to address Fire survivability, as stamina has increased with item level between seasons, and the absorb from Tempest Barrier has scaled higher than we’d like. So, we will be reducing the effectiveness of the conduit.
We hope that these changes keep the overall feel of Fire in PvP intact, with a more reasonable power output. We look forward to seeing players unlock Class Set and double Legendary bonuses, and we will continue to monitor PvP balance as the season progresses.
- The healing increase to Maelstrom Weapon provided by Focused Lightning (Conduit) has been decreased by 70% while engaged in PvP combat.
During the development of Eternity’s End, we provided a substantial increase to the effectiveness of the Focused Lightning conduit, targeted at bringing it in line with the damage potential of other potency conduit options. However, the healing provided by this conduit has increased Enhancement Shaman’s instant healing capabilities beyond what other similar non-healer specializations can bring to the table in PvP.
A change to the healing portion of the conduit should allow other parts of the Enhancement Shaman healing kit to remain strong, and not affect the recent damage throughput increase to Focused Lightning.