Finally killed Ghuun on Normal

Grats Elae!!!

1 Like

Yeah, G’huun felt really obnoxious. Nothing in the fight really mattered until the last 20%, you just kill time and stay alive while hoping your orb team does not screw up this pull.

While it is good to have bosses that force people to do mechanics, even on LFR, he is a horribly designed fight for the first end of raid boss. If you compare him to Xavius from Legion you can see. Hell, even Mar’gok was better than G’huun, even on mythic.

A fight like G’huun would be better off as the 2nd to last or final end of raid boss, like Kil’jaeden in Tomb of Sargeras.

Good work, ghuun is the most obnoxious boss so far this expansion.
and everything he drops is about worthless to nearly everyone so there’s almost no incentive to do it more than once

It is. And the annoying part is that it only happens because people don’t communicate.

Until this past weekend, I honestly thought there must be something really difficult about running the orbs (I’d never done it before). I went in Saturday with my guild for an alt run on Normal and the RL asked me to run orbs with him. It was super simple. It, quite literally, just takes communication.

It’s beyond annoying when people simply refuse to communicate and in turn make a simple task incredibly difficult.

1 Like

I didn’t get AotC because I’m sick of this game rn.

Understandable. Your a shaman so no one really wanted you in heroic because Blizzard has made your class horrible.

No you don’t.

You need groups of 2 for the orbs. There are some classes that can solo, with the right talents and some practice. But “solo runners” are absolutely not needed to get a kill.

The problem is that players want to “cheese” mechanics any way they can. Players do this because too many people want to raid with no communication.

The fight was designed to take 2 orb runners. The boss can be killed with every orb being run by 2 players. There is zero problem there.

1 Like

for GNOMEREGAN!!

This is pretty much it.

It’s also fairly hard for several of the classes to solo it, especially in a PuG.

I’ve watched dozens of warriors for example claim they can solo but screw it up over and over. Rather than just assign 2 people the raid leader would rather have them solo and wipe.

Can’t fix stupid, and gutting the bare mechanical requirements so pugs have an easier time with the last boss if a raid is a pretty awful idea.

Also, can’t wait for the gnome boss and calling out each other’s codes lolol.

Going to be a pug wipefest.

Agreed. My guild was able to get the kill once. We’ve seen him down to 80k hp more times than I care to count. Finding quality pugs is hard it seems like. Hopefully BoD will be a little more small group friendly.

I don’t know how people stand raiding. The tediousness is beyond words.

I was bored and joined an Uldir group on normal difficulty. Things went smoothly enough, a couple wipes, no major problems. But it was sooo damnnnn mind numbingly BORING.
I left the group on the third to last boss. I couldn’t take it anymore.

Raiding is only fun when it’s a couple expansions old and I can breeze through solo to farm mogs and pets and mounts.

How anyone actually likes and enjoys current content raiding is beyond me. Just shackle me to the floor and blind fold me, it would be about the same amount of fun.

Some people say the fun factor changes when you do it on the higher difficulties. Nah… it doesn’t.

It’s fun when you are progressing with a guild and you gradually practice and overcome a challenging encounter.

Curb stomping normal in an over geared PuG is pretty much the total opposite experience.

1 Like

Good job! You have every right to be proud.

If raiding is mind numbingly boring, I’d would honestly love to hear what you do in the game that’s not boring? I’m not being rude, and I’m not a hardcore raider, but what on earth are you doing in the game that would NOT be mind numbingly boring??

Because waiting a couple of expansions so you can “breeze through solo” would without a doubt be MORE mind numbingly boring?

1 Like

Isn’t AOTC the proof of the glory?

Well on that, when Neil Armstrong went to the moon, there were many conspiracy theorists that believed that the whole thing never even happened, and there are still moon landing deniers today despite all the evidence, but sometimes you don’t need proof, sometimes your own experience is enough.

My guild got Heroic G’huun just before Christmas, it was awesome.

Nah I don’t tend to blame the system for that, I take full responsibility for my extremely eccentric personality and whacky beliefs.

Heroic G’huun whittles away my patience. I can’t imagine being ranged on that fight with all the movement required in the final phase.

Be glad you didn’t get to zul, my guild plans to come back and kill heroic zul weekly after we gear up in the new raid :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Not sure how many times we wiped on him.