Finally killed Ghuun on Normal

I didn’t do it for AOTC, I did it for the glory!!!

24 Likes

don’t you only get aotc on heroic anyway?

haven’t killed him on any of my toons yet, feelsbadman

6 Likes

Forever stuck on 7/8 Heroic and I’ll never get AOTC because I’m an altoholic.

pepehands

2 Likes

You get AOTC for heroic, not normal.

9 Likes

I’m an altoholic and still managed it. Mostly because my friend’s guild needed a few extra people though, so I actually do feel you.

2 Likes

Meh personally as someone with AOTC this tier I don’t feel like it’d be a huge thing against you not putting up with the headache of Ghuun. Very unfun boss I hope the other last bosses are more fun. The unfun part is having one orb running noob ruin the entire pull because they’re bad and annoying at the game. It’s sad because it’s a lot of pressure, but I mean wtf, they should at least have made it less unforgiving for having a backup team in pre mythic.

2 Likes

don’t you only get aotc on heroic anyway?

That’s the point, I at least cleared the raid on normal before the next raid tier, so I am still proud of that!!

10 Likes

I know your pain.

congrats on killing him on normal :slight_smile: big accomplishment <3

We tried hard to get him on mythic level but its looking like it won’t happen before cutting edge goes away :frowning:

1 Like

my

is happy for you!

Congrats! :+1:

Well I tried to do the raid on heroic, but one shot Taloc then everyone just…left at Mother before the fight even started…

Hey nice that’s pretty guuuuud.

For all my friends stuck on G’huun Heroic and can’t get AOTC, this is for you.

My biggest, fattest F for you all :cry:

2 Likes

All I can say is I don’t think we would be that picky about someone 7/8 heroic this tier for the next raid. Ghuun was only fun aside from the headache of orb running. I enjoyed running orbs but on Heroic where you have to have 6 individual teams running it only once… ouch. People just got too tired of the people not communicating and not knowing their classes movement buttons.

I have a theory that ghuun was a conspiracy to get people better at their movement buttons for PVP to increase PVP participation, honestly that’d be really funny if that was true lol.

1 Like

I fail to see how it’s unforgiving. I got mine back in like September before we had the crazy gear that people have access to now. We had solo runners who sometimes blundered and our failsafe was to have two followers to make 100% certain. Once we swapped to that strategy our only failure on orb phase was when we first started it because the carrier and I didn’t properly communicate so he threw the orb to me as I shadowstepped him so it dropped. However all that took was saying “Hey I’ll always step to you and stop moving when I’m ready so you can’t miss it.” Never had the problem again. He couldn’t solo run and was a few feet off, I stepped to him, positioned and stopped moving. Done.

Raids are fine with problem solving skills which people seem to lack these days unfortunately. They just want the answer to be straightforward or just have the hurdle removed.

4 Likes

Grats on your kill! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what’s unforgiving is dropping an orb. when you have a smaller guild group and rely on pugs it’s really annoying because pugs communicate like turds. I got mine in October I think and it wasn’t too bad, I just groan thinking about the other folks we got it for after that… Argus and even KJ were very fun for me to continue running for others’ AOTC, Ghuun was not

2 Likes

First of all, congratulations. G’huun is a hard fight, but particularly with smaller group sizes. Most guilds had most of heroic cleared before they got G’huun normal down.

As others have said as well though, AoTC is for a heroic kill.

1 Like

Yeah but Argus was a pretty hard fight to screw up. You had to like go out of your way to mess up on that fight. That’s why G’huun is good, because it requires people to actually pay attention and perform the mechanics properly at Heroic. Unlike Zul where most groups just ignore the mechanics and brute force him down.

For Argus the only real noticeable difference to me was the buffs instead of being like a minute long were only like 30 seconds long and numbers were ever so slightly higher. If it weren’t for the scenery and epic music I’d rate it probably one of the worst raid bosses I’ve ever seen.

Argus was very easy, it was the previous two in that raid on heroic that were challenging and engaging.

KJ was most definitely very engaging and very challenging on heroic.

Ghuun was challenging, more communication required and niche… but it was hard to repeatedly down him each week. So many of us wanted to just kill up to Mythrax and call it so we started doing that…

However if my guild group was 90% of the group it would have been more fun.