Finally gave FF14 a try!

bah emm weebs are contagious

The younger crowd does. They seem to really like that Asian art style. I cant stand it. I tried it to and the “aesthetics” killed it for me. Its definitely for a younger crowd. IMO

Keep in mind I was born in 64. Im old and set in my ways

3 Likes

Limsa is easy to navigate, now Uldah is the labryth of nightmares

2 Likes

I don’t doubt the game is good. I mean they have the numbers to prove that it is a good game, just not for me.

Even if FF14 was legitimately the best game ever made, I will literally never play it because it’s weeb trash

4 Likes

It’s hard to get past the old RR content. I’m myself somewhere halfway through, playing on and off. But they say it pays off in the end, and I know that slow burning stories can be very rewarding.

But I agree, it’s pretty much a reading simulator. Nothing is challenging, you just move from one dialogue window to another. It’s like an interactive book. If you like to roleplay and truly pretend that you’re playing a dramatic character, not just a class, and come up with headcanon about yourself then it’s kinda immersive.

But combat and design quality wise it’s pretty barebones early on I think. Just like WoW. But WoW’s visual and combat quality is way higher even early on.

Guess you never got to Heavensward lol.

4 Likes

Just downloaded turtle wow and waiting for palia to come out .also play Disney starlight valley…

1 Like

ARR might’ve been worse.

I can’t believe people enjoyed this

WoW does a lot of things better than FFXIV like PvP, Mythic+, and collections (transmog/pets/toys), but FFXIV casual raids are much better than LFR, alliance raids are extremely fun, especially Nier, and the scaling in the game is far superior to WoW’s, it’s re-use of content in roulette is better, something I wish WoW did. PvE gearing is better too, no RNG.

If you believe that the vulpera and the gnomes are more inspired races than the Azure, I’ve got a bridge in the sahara to sell you.

My friend who used to be a mythic raider keeps trying to get me to try FFXIV, but I really have no inclination. He doesn’t play it himself, just single player games.

That person is not even a Chad himself, he’s a meme lol

Yes, but did he also mention that its a critically acclaimed MMORPG, which includes a free trial that includes the entirety of “A Realm Reborn” AND the award-winning “Heavensward” expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime. And that FFXIV’s newest expansion, “Endwalker”, is out now?

1 Like

stay away from this if u value ur sanity

lol I tried FFXIV and it wasnt my cup of tea…nothing against the eastern design aesthetic…actually, who am I kidding, I hate eastern MMOs lol. Absolutely hate the art style, the sound design, the stupid over the top special effects, the ear piercing “HIIIIIYAAHHHHHHHHH!” that every body type 2 character screams at the top of their lungs…

It’s just not for me. I love WoW art style and design. GW2 pushes it with some of the human player models…but for the MOST part its more westernized which I appreciate.

I mean honestly for me it’s just that wow has always had the best combat out of any mmo ever, and the combat system is 18 years old. It’s pretty impressive how it’s held up over time.

I do know all those things, between reading discussions here and on youtube. I’m not in the mood to move to another game, and if I did, I’d probably do single player games. He is playing Albion online right now, which he likes because it’s about gathering and crafting. Right now I’m gathering in Classic.

In fact, I just completed an analysis that shows the most lucrative gathering is skinning, and vend out all the mats. At least on my realm, the AH is not usable.

Not sure how far you got, but to be fair, FF combat gets pretty fast once you have your full kit and start leveling multiple classes. Not as fast as WoW but definitely not as slow as a lot of people claim.

I can understand that. It’s kind of typical for FF, as the dragons in their lore are usually summons or something extremely wild and dangerous that you kill at the end of the game.

One of the major reasons I gave up on FF. Their races are basically all humans with some quirks. Like I had a race (forget what they’re called) that was part dragon I used, but it was really just a human with some scales and a tail.

I always come back to WoW for the races. I found no other game that even remotely compares to WoW’s unique race choices. Then again, I’m someone that plays a RPG and my group compilations are the weirdest characters possible–probably why I’m a massive Chrono Cross/Trigger fan.

1 Like

I played till Endwalker and enjoyed it. Some things on FF14 are still better.

3 Likes