Finally gave FF14 a try!

It’s boring and makes me want to play WoW instead, just like GW2. All the races suck.
I never thought a game would make me want to READ WoW QUEST TEXT instead.
Everything feels so slow…

I don’t like the anti-dragon crap in FF14 either. I despise it. At least in WoW, despite Danuser’s meddling, a majority of dragon stuff is pro-dragon.

I had a feeling I was going to hate this anime game, but I didn’t think it was going to be this bad.
Why do people praise FF14 so much?

36 Likes

I’m sorry that reading was too hard for you.

A true chad plays both. Shame you couldn’t even reach the bare minimum.

57 Likes

it aint for everyone

7 Likes

I bet he didn’t even get past level 10. It’s pathetic.

25 Likes

I didn’t like FF14 either but…

If you didn’t go into with an open mind, you probably didn’t give it a fair chance.

53 Likes

I agree with you, I believe FF14 is absolute garbage… but some people are big fans, I don’t see it either… but good for them finding a game they enjoy.

13 Likes

I gave FFXIV a try, I created an account, realized how different it was compared to wow, created a post on how much I didn’t like said game and how it drove me back to wow and went about my business.

Nah I’m just kidding, I do have an account to a few different MMO’s, as well as a whole steam library worth of games. There is nothing wrong with playing different games and they actually are different than World of Warcraft.

9 Likes

I gave FF14 a serious try some years back and infact enjoyed it for quite a bit but one issue just kept dragging on…and on…and on…and on and finally I snapped and I can no longer play this game, even thinking about trying it again just makes my head hurt.

That issue was, and is: Alphinaud OMG I HATE this npc so so so so much just he is the worst and makes me hate the entire world he is part of and trying to save and makes me think “you know if the world ends and you go with it…why am I trying to save it?”

If you played the game, you know the problem with him, I heard its early in the game and as it progresses it does get better and to be fare I tapped out around heavensward so maybe it does get better but I will never find out. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I hate him.

9 Likes

He got way better. He needed to fail to improve. After ARR and HW he becomes a way better person and by SB and EW he’s your reliable lil bro. He wasn’t really around in Stormblood as that expansion was used to develop his sister more.

9 Likes

People who just like to do endgame generally dont enjoy FF because it takes so long to level , and because the MSQ feels like its endless . Its a story driven game .

7 Likes

It’s only said about a few hundred times that:

• The MMO is RPG first, MMO second
  • The GCD makes the combat slower, with you gathering more skills over time to use during the GCD
  • Racial politics isn’t a factor in that universe like in WoW, so there’s little emphasis on differences.

It’s a game that does things differently/has a different focus. The majority of the praise is:

• Enjoying a story that doesn’t retcon half the stuff that came before it
  • Content that isn’t revolved around dungeons and raids or anything else WoW is terrible at
10 Likes

Played both for years. Plenty of things I enjoy from 14, but plenty of things WoW does better for me… and the number one thing I want is gameplay, which WoW absolutely dominates at. So I play WoW.

7 Likes

Oh I heard he got better one of my friends who plays FF14 none stop said the same thing I…I just can’t. I tried to! I loved my black mage in fact here is a photo me and the wife took ingame (Left) me (mage) right is her (hunter? bard? whatever it was LOL)

this is an old picture! 2017! yeesh

4 Likes

I have so many steam games, like 200+
I only like maybe 4 of them…

4 Likes

They probably played the game with confirmation bias in mind. Searching for anything that might prove them right in their assumptions and focussing on things they might not like.

That’s what a lot of people who try to rush to endgame like in WoW don’t get. It’s not a bad and boring game, but a game that has a massive focus on story and worldbuilding and therefore, of course, it’s much slower and the game takes a lot of time to introduce all important characters, places and small and overarching storylines.
Someone who’s not that interested in deep and long storytelling will always hate FF14, but it’s not like it’s a bad game. It’s just different.

12 Likes

I will say that they really need to go back to ARR and just delete like half the quests that weren’t vital to the plot all that much. They need to make the ARR Tribe Quests go by way faster too as they used the old system that was later replaced in Heavensward and up.

1 Like

I went back to Dragon age Origins, Dated sure but still one of the best RPGS of all time.

3 Likes

I gave the game a fair shake. 20+ hours and it just wasn’t my thing. In my opinion it’s ARR. They need to find a way to consolidate that in some way. By the time I got out of there I was burnt out. A hook matters a lot.

3 Likes

An easy way to cut a ton of quests out of it is that stupid, ridiculous “Hero Feast” quest chain that had you gather all the stuff for… your own celebration feast. What did that even add to the story?

4 Likes

This

People are allowed to dislike things, It’s ok, I know that FFXIV is everything to you but it isnt to everyone else

A true chad plays what they like and accepts that other people may not like what they do.

A fair chance is ‘subjective’

And while the cat girls are cute, It’s not enough to make ME play the game let alone others.

9 Likes