Final Fantasy finally caught up...gg

oh I see this isn’t a concern for WoW dying - this is an attempt to make sure it does.

I already tried FF and every time one of these advertisements threads come up I realize I shouldn’t bother trying again. I hate story - a game based on story is not anything I am interested in - it bored me to death the first time, doubtful any changes they could make would interest me to try again.

In addition, I like my alts.

2 Likes

Played both, if combat matters to you wow wins hands down. Most things are subjective, so it’s whatever you like. But the combat is objectively better in wow.

The drama going on right now with Add-ons/Mods is one of the most comical and self destructive things I’ve ever seen.

Parts of the Raiding and RP community loathe one another and hate watch people in the opposing camps for the sake of reporting them.

One camp will grandstand about how their add-ons are harmless and then someone installs a shutdown command into GShade because the developer of it didn’t want people using other Addons with their addon.

Most games communities are pretty well rounded, but the worst ones I have ever seen are the small camps in FFXIV.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you played a couple days and gave up!! That DEFINITELY makes your point valid about this and let me guess - You hate Asmon too, just like everyone else on this forum? No offense but wow has a story too, we just all skip it and guess what you can skip it in final fantasy too.

I played it for 8 years yet you haven’t said anything to me despite my rebuttals. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

FF14 doesn’t turn me on and the more people talk about it on the WoW forums, the even more less I want to even deal with it. People really don’t care that you’re having a good time in FF14.

The fact you can play many games at once, I don’t see why one has to be forced by other peoples opinions to have to play one or the other. At any one time I am playing 5 or 6 games. That means more than one MMO I cater to, but I don’t come to the WoW forums and spew puke trying to convince other people to commit to the games or leave WoW.

People who preach to leave WoW on the WoW forums are in poor form in my opinion and need to get a life outside of gaming.

5 Likes

I wonder why I didn’t reply? It doesn’t apply to anything here whatsoever, I am not deranged just because I think the capital flying update KNOCKS OUT anything wow has ever done in terms of mechanics or gameplay…But to bash the #1 wow streamer and the reason that the game even SURVIVED during the bfa-shadowlands period? That’s a low blow. As he would say, “It is what it is dude”
-Asmongold

Okay, so explain why Asmon hasn’t played FFXIV in over a year? Why did after playing FFXIV did he return to play WoW? :thinking:

7 Likes

FFXIV was so good that asmongold never played the good parts of it lol

If OP truly isn’t a troll they can answer that. Because I’ve already given the answer.

Wow has better combat, he has said it a 1,000 times. Everyone knows it

2 Likes

I absolutely enjoy both games for many different reasons and sometimes those reasons are unique to each.

I wish FFXIV had more to do end game. It has a strength in casual elements, but the only end game is raiding and I’ve already said my part on what I think about that pool of players.

I don’t agree with that take but it’s pretty subjective.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to integrity where it counts. FFXIV doesn’t take moderation seriously in their game. WoW always took addons seriously from the very beginning, while FFXIV dev team just doesn’t deal with it and the players are free to create whatever cheats they want. They are objectively cheats too, because they aren’t monitored or approved at all by square enix and are against the ToS. In WoW, addons have to be approved by blizzard. They’re also not against the ToS.

Who would ever play such a trashy game? Like, I get that it’s kinda fun maybe, but when you realize that it’s all illegitimate and ultimate weapons have zero prestige to their appearance, what’s the point? The mmo has no weight to it. It’s all superficial jagoffs.

I’ll be honest dude you’re really the only one who really cares about this at all, it’s like you invented this massive problem in your head and now you tunnel vision on that anytime you think of the game. It’s funny because now that you know about it maybe you can change that aspect of your mindset here. I know you’re tired of me bringing him up but I’d check out Asmon’s ff14 playthrough, it really showcases the strengths of what you can expect in the game…And the capital flying update, BOOM makes it 10x better.

:popcorn:

/thread

1 Like

If people don’t care about it they don’t really have anything of value to contribute to humanity.

Also, I played FFXIV 100x more than asmongold ever will. I know that game more than most FFXIV players do because I didn’t cheat lol. I read 100% of the dialogue in the msq. I probably know and love the game more than you, but what’s the point when fair play is non-existent and not moderated?

1 Like

It’s so good that OP is subscribed to WoW and spending they’re time trolling WoW players rather than playing ffxiv.

7 Likes

My take is that ffxiv is one of the best games I’ve ever played… BUT I’m not sure I’d consider it an MMO in the way wow is, as much as it’s more likea single player rpg that happens to have random other people running abouts occasionally. The community was great, the story was excellent (though even there I feel like I feel like the target age for the story was a bit younger than I’d prefer and it misses some chances to hit hard where events could have played out a bit more permanently for characters). The pvp felt terrible, and I really hated the revamp for it too… Red mage may be good now, but the pvp abilities also now completely change the class mechanics and it felt bad)… Reaper was straight terrible both before and after the patch for pvp.

As for other systems I can’t say the professions ever interested me in any way, nor did housing. The raiding is “ok” and frankly overrated. Yeah there’s raid markers, but after the first expansion they blatantly don’t even warn you in time to move for half the mechanics and are pretty useless.

Class design on the other hand, I actually like better than wow by a lot. They all play differently, and despite the much longer gcd it flows better because of the filler spells off gcd and the dramatically higher button press count. The rotations can start getting really nuts too… Ninja, for example uses a rune system of 3 runes, and a fourth cast spell for a number of moves. The order you use the runes before the fourth spell ends up dictating what spell is cast… And if you screw up the runes, instead of doing damage, you’ll end up spawning a bunny rabbit on your head (so every one else can see your shame). It’s very in depth and every class has their one unique takes on things.

Finally I’d lastly point out the big one… Square Enix actually seems to care about the quality of their game… I frankly don’t think blizzard does, and I don’t think blizzard has for some time now. For those only on retail, you may not know that classic is currently being hit by what is the single largest bot wave I’ve seen in my entire history playing this game from vanilla beta until now. It’s not uncommon to get a wsg game with 15 bots between the two teams in bg like wsg (that only has 20 total player slots) and this problem has been going on for months now. Blizzard blatantly doesn’t care, and blatantly doesn’t police their game anymore, they do however still cash those monthly checks. It’s my biggest concern looking at d4 too tbh… This company simply cannot be trusted anymore generally speaking, and that’s on games with a monthly fee… How on earth am I as a prospective customer for d4 supposed to have any faith that will be supported post launch?

Finally caught up? Final Fantasy flew past WoW years ago and has a healthy lead now.
This was as much to do with Blizzard’s repeated mishandling of WoW than the Square Enix product.
Many in this thread don’t like the game, but apparently FFXIV has a lot more players than WoW now, which wouldn’t have seemed possible at one point.

2 Likes

I think the whole point is that you draw the line 10x earlier than 99% of people do and think its just an odd quirk that few people care about, but that’s not the real issue here. ff14 is teetering on the edge of wow’s success and not 1…NOT 2…but 3 big streamers have already moved outta this game and onto others. Someone mentioned above that wow always has higher viewership…Well how long is that going to last? Exactly.