Final Fantasy finally caught up...gg

So I recently got done playing the new expansion for final fantasy and MAN do the updates really show what we’re dealing with here in wow…It makes sense now why a lot of streamers started switching over, the flying in capital cities and previous gear sets really helped the competition stand out FAR ABOVE what we’re used to.

I’m not sure if anyone is even PLAYING this expansion at this point, with people like Asmongold clearly taking a break from the game since it’s just in a state of disarray currently…But trust me, in ff the raiding scene is stronger than ever, multiple groups get made every time. There’s no loading timer like in certain wow game modes cough cough mythic+ cough so you know it’s better than what we think it SHOULD be. There’s one thing I know for sure - if people still think dragonflight is the key, then they need to find a different lock.

31 Likes

I have tried to play FF14 but I can’t get into it.

The story is insanely horrible, and I understand people say “It gets better after ARR, even the devs admit that!” - Then newsflash, it’s up to the devs to make other stories accessible before doing ARR, and not make ARR a prerequisite. The WoW devs did that with Chromie Time.

The transmog system in that game is easily the worst system I’ve seen in any game. Why did they make it so convoluted?

The combat is slow. Very. Very. Slow. I will give them props for boss mechanics though - I like that they are very clearly telegraphed so you know what to avoid without needing addons.

Travel is horrible as a new player - I got every basic job to 15 and the one job I decided to try to “main” to I think 29 and I still didn’t have a mount. Apparently it’s tied to the main story quest, but I do side quests as I see them, which ate probably 100 hours of play time.

Also, I despise the profession system in that game. Having to carry extra profession gear in your bags, which are already limited, just feels like a money grab since you can pay real money for more inventory. I also hate how it essentially forces you to craft one of everything to level a craft efficiently.

92 Likes

Because there’s literally nothing else to do in the whole game, and the levelling experience sucked. As far as the actual raiding is concerned, I have two words for you. Clunky netcode.

22 Likes

Okay I don’t want to come across as rude…But ALL of the things you mentioned come down to both skill and time investment being the problem. Just because YOU aren’t willing to invest in the experience doesn’t mean YOU dictate what is and isn’t good. It’s like doing the new raid without hands, how tf is that going to work and what machine will you purchase to make that happen?
You’re creating walls where walls don’t need to exist…It’s like Asmongold said on one of the first few streams he did of ff14, i think it was his 3rd or 4th stream? “Final fantasy takes the mmo into the experience” he said and clearly for someone also new to the game he went in with a better mindset.

21 Likes

Have played both for years. Enjoyed both.

FF14 has more pluses for me than WoW, but WoW’s biggest advantage is the actual gameplay. The combat is drastically better, the game is a lot more responsive, and you don’t have so many weird interactions like being unable to confirm certain things with a random window up.

And, since I play games for the gameplay, I prefer WoW.

21 Likes

okay, well the transmog system (glamour system) in ffxiv is objectively terrible. If such a ridiculous mess existed in wow, people would riot. When I first tried it, I thought they were kidding.

I don’t understand how any WoW player who is used to playing their character to level up can say “oh this is great” at the idea of levelling up by sitting there watching endless cutscenes. I mean… it’s just “watch a cutscene”, then “travel to the next cutscene”. then “travel to the next…” omg… I mean… no. I fell for the “it gets better” story and I actually completed it up to current content, and in my opinion it wasn’t worth it.

23 Likes

It really shows your bias when you can say only ONE THING WRONG with the whole game and still think it’s terrible lol…You know if you’re that impatient you can skip the cutscenes right? This is what in my business we call a wrong mindset because nobody in their right mind would bash on something they haven’t even completed! Sure you got “up to” current content…Sounds like ya didn’t go any further buddy.

3 Likes

You just described your entire thread and replies.

67 Likes

Meanwhile FF players trying to deal with the housing

8 Likes

Loading timer?? What in the world are you talking about? You mean what is more or less a splash screen at the start of a M+ run?? lol THAT is what you’re calling “game-breaking?”

ahhhhh so now I know where the “First Craft” nightmare in the hell that is the new profession system in WoW.

7 Likes

This was what one of my non-MMO friends criticized the game for. My other two friends kept telling him this, and he decided it just wasn’t true for him.

I personally skipped as many cutscenes as possible. There were important cutscenes or actually entertaining cutscenes, but I quickly found out that a lot of them just weren’t worth watching. It made the gameplay better for me to just skip.

2 Likes

I wish people would get off this,this is a game and not a business work,if you wish to play a business there are games set aside for just that.

Btw,why are you chasing rainbows ?

8 Likes

FFXIV is the most boring game I’ve ever played. The story is so slow and they went half in on the voice acting. You’re railroaded so don’t even think about levelling past the narrative. All the beginning crafting recipes are items that can be bought from vendors. It’s got an instance based open world that reminds me of outdated JRPGs. The combat is slow. The only cool class is Red Mage. White Mage is so bad to heal with and this is coming from a holy priest. People dog on WoW PvP but FF PvP is an abomination. The job system is so lame. Just make an open world where I can make new characters, not multiclass starting at level 1 on the same toon. The RP… oh Goddess the RP scene… My most toxic experiences in gaming came from those players. Think WoW players are entitled? Talk to an FC lead who shills for all the cosmetics but never plays the game. No thanks.

16 Likes

FF XIV does some things better than WoW, and vice versa. I guess it mostly depends on what you’re after. Personally, I feel that FF XIV has stagnated a great deal recently, and each patch seems to bring its own set of pretty terrible bugs and general issues, but I still log in every now and then. But there are those who are still enjoying themselves and that’s fine. WoW’s not perfect, but I do feel like it is going in the right direction at the moment while FF XIV is not. I hope that changes.

1 Like

The entire new profession system is inspired by FF14. I’m not shocked it’s my least favorite part of Dragonflight.

23 Likes

I’m really glad you are enjoying another game. Pretty odd you would come to the WoW forums to let me/others know.

I definitely enjoy WoW and would consider my gaming days done before playing the other mmos. Just not interested regardless of what the streamers say.

6 Likes

I think they took the worst parts of FF XIV’s older version of its crafting systems and made them complicated just for the sake of being complicated. FF XIV’s crafting system isn’t that bad now. It went through a good bit of streamlining. I can’t really make head nor tail of what they did in WoW. Either way, I have opted not to take part.

3 Likes

Look I get it you’re trying to pick apart minor nonsense things for no reason to pretend like it’s a trash game, but this is a terrible mindset for you to have…Many people enjoy the game and the new updates really solidify that. What is wow going to release next, another raid tier? We’ve DONE THIS already in several generations of gameplay and there’s a reason ff is skyrocketing in popularity. The streamer exodus is already beginning for example and if you saw Asmon’s stream yesterday he said “wow is starting to get around there” and it looked like most of his chat agreed.

2 Likes

This line right here shows your negative mentality… retail wow is doing very well atm, maybe it’s just that you’re burnt out from WOW? I tried FF14 a couple years ago and will never understand the hype of it, because it was just blah to me… gameplay felt clunky, the story was okay and the dungeons were boring.

7 Likes

A zero-post classic character makes a thread about how FF14 is better and “backs” this up with multiple references to Asmongold and you guys still take the bait? It’s such an obvious troll with the brightest red flags. The flags even have bells and whistles on them.

23 Likes