Final Fantasy finally caught up...gg

Its okay, most people dont.

My roommate mentioned the sequel earlier.

So I’m one of the peeps who does know, just barely!

1 Like

Also a bit of technical history. FF14 was never a fully open world despite what people were led to believe back in the day with 1.0. Game was full of loading screens, they just hid them by forcing the player to run through long closed off tunnels while the next area loaded.

If you ignore the technical nightmare that 1.0 was, I find that solution to their technical problem pretty neat.

Why thank you!

The only good thing about 1.0 was Ysthola blocking a bullet with her hand in a cutscene. I miss those cutscenes. Probably the only good thing about pre-ARR.

Really? I didn’t like a whole lot about FF14, but that was the one thing I thought they did a lot better than WoW.

Your roommate has good tastes!
If you can get into a JRPG w turn based combat it’s really worth a try. The story, art/graphics, and soundtrack are :cake:
Loved Octopath Traveler! played most stories all the way through with my niece and it got her into playing RPGs! The stories are so well done and loved the graphics and classic style turnbased combat was hella fun.

Glamours have one big problem in FF14 and it revolves around the glamour dresser.

Yes it is. This toon i am posting on has been for 2 weeks now and it has not updated. My avitar is also 1000% off also.

It’s…weird.

On the one hand, I’d say just by the much more varied and interesting FFs transmog is over WoW it certainly has a leg up.

But the utterly baffling method of saving appearances is to put it kindly, simply archaic. You need to have the item either in your inventory/bank or in the dresser to use it as transmog which means you have to, in one way or another keep just about everything. Allegedly because the code is so ravioli that they can’t just ya know…save the appearance of the item without it potentially killing the servers.

1 Like

Not to mention the dresser only has around 400 slots, unless they’ve updated it since the start of EW.

And you will hit that 400 piece limit very quickly.

Think its 800 now. Don’t quote me im checking lol.

I still think that’s not enough.

I guess this is the part I enjoyed about it, especially the armor dye. WoW just seems to be littered with low effort, low quality appearances with no way to customize them.

It feels like WoW expansions have about 20% new models, 30% skins on those models, and 50% recolors of the skins and models.

The FF14 Glamor system is the worst thing about the game. It’s horrible and I heard they are overhauling it in 7.0? Not 100% sure on this but I can remember reading it somewhere.

Like i said it’s completely archaic and stupid. I feel the only reason it gets kind of a pass is because beyond the stupidity of having stuff to transmog, the stuff you can transmog is actually pretty cool and offers up a lot of variety in how your character ends up looking.

EDIT: Can confirm: it is 800 now.

1 Like

Oh I’m used to JRPGs with turn based combat, FF3 keeps trying to kick my rear, and succeeding.
Plus ya know, babby’s first FF game was Tactics.

I might give it a try one day, assuming I don’t flat out forget or beeline to [insert newest game to hold my attention for more than 10 hours at a time…which is probably Terraria AGAIN]

1 Like

Not that I heard. There is apparently some sort of engine or graphics update coming in the next expansion but I don’t think it’ll do anything to the transmog system.

1 Like

Someone posted about FF14, take a drink!

1 Like

You better be providing the liquor, cuz vodka ain’t cheap.

omg Tactics. I still play the soundtrack a lot. I am patiently waiting for SE to release it on steam with a combat fix patch (Like the PSP version.)

I have dreams of an updated turn based FF next gen title. and also a next gen strategy title like tactics.
( Triangle Strategy came out and I have yet to try it so I may eat my words later on the latter.)