Final Fantasy finally caught up...gg

Ah……and there is the problem, you are trying to play FF like WoW. You can’t play one mmo and expect it will be the same, you have to go in with an open mind.

5 Likes

So you think because the mass appeal by them has convinced you to say it is better? Have you even think independently before jumping on a band wagon? Mass appeal are not always right. Be careful.

3 Likes

To me; FF15 feel pretty cookie cutter.

The IP itself is pretty long in the tooth as well - same creatures, same core characters (ie Cid, etc), same wavy hair, etc.

WoW is not perfect. Its IP is pretty awesome (from the RTS to most of the MMO).

2 Likes

… Didn’t Yoshi P said that FF14 was inspired by WoW?..

Plus, if you’re (not you thotsnprayer) going to compare WoW to FF14, of coarse there’s going to be people who think one or the other will play like the other. Drawing a comparison will lead people into thinking that. You can’t really blame people for being led to think that.

2 Likes

WoW lost its teeth by sacrificing any flavor and edge it had in its story and they’re releasing content patches at a much slower rate. They’re not making the game for the average player anymore, but instead for the 200 people who orbit the devs on Twitter. It’s very sad to see.

Exactly. The comment from that CC just shows that they don’t know how to play the game. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That situation was of SE’s own making, unfortunately, which is par for the course lately as far as the company is concerned. They just can’t seem to stop shooting themselves in the foot and then they wonder why they’ve got a hole in it that won’t heal. A lot of FF XIV’s issues are reaching the boiling point currently. Yeah, the game is doing fine, but it’s not all sunshines and rainbows. I want it to continue to succeed though, I really do. I’ve been invested in it since ARR.

2 Likes

If I could copy my Tauren into FFXIV, it would be the absolute perfect MMO for me.

WoW is inspired by ffxiv if you’re going to put weight into those words.

What does that mean though? Very little, still two different games. Hip hop was inspired by jazz, two different types of music.

2 Likes

And where do the bunny and cat girls factor in towards such a deep story topic?

3 Likes

Of course it’s not just “mass appeal”, didn’t you read my post? I did the content and now you’re getting what i think the plan should be going forward. First thing would be to make the gearing process return to the fundamentals just like previous expansions did. That’s why Asmon even came up in the first place, the players listen to him.

How do you live life with such superficial values?

1 Like

I was joking.

Hard for final fantasy to claim its so deep when ya got bunny and cat girls

4 Likes

It’s a throwaway point whether he was or not, because my main point to Thotsnprayer is, if you’re going to make a comparison, this will lead people into thinking it’s the same.

You’re welcome to continue on that thought, but it’s a thought i put forth as a question first and only really.

1 Like

I mean, you say you’re joking but you struggle with taking the story seriously because of superficial stuff that has no relationship with plot.

Interesting joke, not sure if you really meant it as a joke though.

1 Like

Races weren’t part of the discussion Barbie boy. :wink:
I agree that those races are cliché, but if you don’t have any idea about the story then maybe, just maybe don judge a book by it’s cover?

3 Likes

I’ll take bunnies and cats over foxes, pandas, and cows

3 Likes

My joke was simply pointing out where the fanservice races factored into such a deep story

3 Likes

They don’t. I don’t get your joke.

2 Likes

I’m just yanking your chain

2 Likes