Figured I'd try Operation: Mechagon

I will agree to a few things I read through all this.
It is not worth the gear it drops vs the difficulty.

Also, pugs are terrible there.

I’d put it about level to a +8 in some areas.
The group I normally run m+ with has no problems stomping through any other dungeon at +10 or under.
As a wise man said “This ain’t that”

We ran it enough to get the VoP essence and havent gone back.
Its more fun to plow through a 4 or so, for the same item level gear, than to spend three times as long in Mecha.

My 2 cents.

2 Likes

I would argue we need MORE megadungeons all tuned exactly like Operation Mechagon. We need more content that is difficult and outside the realm of LFD. That’s the type of content that gets players to learn the game and socialize.

These past few years Blizzard has really shot themselves in the foot with types of mindsets Blizzard teaches their players; where instead of asking specific questions about what they’re struggling with, they argue that the game’s just tuned wrong.

7 Likes

Are you serious? Its been out for MONTHS. Just learn the mechanics, plan on about an hour and a half to complete so no one is rushing, and do it.

2 Likes

This post baffles me… I thought Operation: Mechagon was great, may just be one of my favorite instances ever made for WoW. Amazing that it came from this expansion honestly, but it’s clear most of this Expac was rushed.

That being said I thought it was obvious for people like OP That Mechagon was a step above normal Mythic 0 content.
Yes, the Mechagon is more challenging than most dungeons, it’s also very rewarding and very fun.

The easier version of the content will come later, like it always does… I don’t understand the confusion. It’s the same thing with Raids.
LFR Functions as a tourist mode for raids, and so will Heroic Mechagon… If OP doesn’t want the content to be hard, they shouldn’t select the hard content.

1 Like

He’s not don’t worry. Remember ilvl doesn’t mean much. Anyone can get gigaforge items and call themselves “top tier”. He parses an overall 46 in heroic EP and his highest mythic EP parse is a 16. For me, that makes him a bottom tier player.

When the Mechagnomes come out, then the Mechagon will get an LFD mode, specifically because of this problem. Relax.

I don’t plan on doing it, as I don’t want the Mechagnomes. I was just not understanding how something was required for a new race that was only available in mythic. Yes, the ones who want the race will have to do it. I guess I should just quit trying to stand up for those like me who don’t do dungeons. /peace

This is what I’m saying. Anybody who wants to unlock Mechagnomes will NOT have to run Mythic Mechagon in order to unlock them.

The Mechagon will get a lower difficulty version in the same patch as the Mechagnomes. That way players can unlock them easily.

I fail to understand your problem.

Maybe it’s just me but; shouldn’t content be tuned to a level at least one notch below the gear awarded in that content?

1 Like

It is. You can do op mech at ilvl 400 just fine, if you do boss mechanics.

6 Likes

A 5 man group of people at ilvl 400 would not be able to clear op Mechagon. Let’s stop exaggerating here. Even if you did all the boss mechanics, the trash would be virtually impossible. There are several packs that would demolish an ilvl 400 group. Even with optimal play the dps wouldnt be high enough to kill mobs before the tank got slaughtered

1 Like

They totally could. it just takes good play. It would be hard but I am sure i could get a group of 5 people at 400 ilvl to finish the dungeon

I thought mechagon was quite fun.

Of the number of times I’ve done it I’ve had minimal grps fall apart over it. But when they did I kept going. Either by rebuilding the grp or finding another one to join.

1 Like

You mean if they are struggling they might have to… gasp use crowd control?? Or maybe at least use interrupts or not stand in the bad? What an absurd thought right?

When I first did the dungeon, the group was all under 410, nearly all drops were upgrades. Yes, some pulls were hard. We died a few times, especially on that last trash pack before king mech. Also, we had a lot of fun and got it done.

5 Likes

That just means you have a really bad tank.

4 Likes

My first time through we 3 phased hk8 and now 1 phasing is the standard. week one was tough yea cos there were a lot of wreck casts to deal with but with good play it wasnt too bad at all. I think he is underestimating the difference between good and average and bad play.

2 Likes

If anything, say, Mechagon was a ‘catch up’ dungeon or something, like say had a intro lfg or group finder like the old Pit of Saron of WoTLK, it was kinda really cool having like a little dungeon hub of three wings where people would group up together to find teams for Pit of Saron and move on to say the Halls of Reflection while being able to fly north to the Icecrown Citadel. Mechagon is probably big enough to be split into two or even three. Perhaps They could make a downscaled heroic version, one that could drop 400s like lfr and scale it for lfg as a ‘catchup’ dungeon, maybe scale that version for players to gear up easily or just… Make a dungeon that has neat raid mechanics, be unappealing to the casual crowd that could use the gear but thus probably struggle to pass it. And overgeared crowds either expecting to faceroll it ignoring not 1 adds, not 7 add, not 30 adds, 120, it’s very hamfisted, which i’d like, but the bosses have the same health when i went there, at like 12M hp vs a Affixless +12 Non tyranical key With Unbolstered trash.

I’d probably rate the overall difficulty around a timerless 8 overall that’d drop 425s. But im honestly just not sure what the target audience is. Sure, we could probably overpower it if we wanted, if we can make sure everyone was willing to learn the mechanics and not just either quit out of boredom 30 minutes out of A: Being bored and not actually needing any drops or B: Being 400-415 ilevel and thus being able to use the loot, which would make them too undergeared to be taken in.

Apparently i hear it had 430 azerite helms at one point, but they were scrapped or removed from the drop table(?), not sure.

Just saying with the gear and ilevel scaling, it does seem like a fun dungeon and i love the concept of a raid dungeon without a timer where you can actually, y’know, TALK in a mmo without losing a key, and see people explain and ask questions on mechanics instead of “GO GO GO FK U RAGE” but I just don’t see any reason for the hardcore crowd to go there

1 Like

help me get the r4 essence vad.
Its broflake, I just redid my sub

This is the solution to a lot of issues in the game, really. A random, uncoordinated PUG can snatch defeat right from the jaws of victory in ways that’d make your brain melt.

It is poorly tuned. It should be accessible by everyone. Not all of us spend hours equal to a full time job playing the game. Nothing should ever be gated behind mythic difficulty.

1 Like