Figured I'd try Operation: Mechagon

Hell, the challenge doesnt bother me. The reward for said challenge does. The ilvl reward doesnt match the effort required even by a little bit though that’s seems to be an expansion wide issue at this point. I got my VoP. At this point unless something changes that’s good enough for me. I got 1 drop and it wasnt even an upgrade. If it wasnt for the essence i would have wasted my time

3 Likes

no, that’s exactly right. it’s exactly what people like me have been begging for -for a decade-

mechagon is not poorly tuned. if you go into it thinking it’s going to be a quick run, you’re in the wrong dungeon. there’s a wealth of fast five mans you can run, plus keys.

mechagon is basically a five man raid, and it’s awesome that way. i know it’s getting split in half to be listed as two wings of heroics and M+, but i wish they’d throw an extra tier on the straight up full fat mechagon it is now instead.

4 Likes

It isn’t. Maybe once upon a time in WoW’s past. Not anymore.

hopefully nobody tells this guy about the Hardmode version or the deathless run achievement.

1 Like

What’s stopping you from having a group? I pugged back in legion, even pugged a majority of my AOTC kills until I got into a lower tier mythic guild which led to me joining the guild I’m in now and have been in for 1 1/2 years or so. I haven’t done a single pug since. The only reason I did that was purely due to how annoying it was to pug. I never really dealt with any toxicity pugging m+ in legion but I was tired of the instability of it.

Realistically if you wanted to you could join a guild and make friends unless there’s something physically holding you back. There’s so many guilds out there for casual m+, casual pvp, casual raiding, etc.

What is the issue here? I’ve completed Operation Mechagon on 5 different alts, it doesn’t seem that hard? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Some of the trash mobs hit kinda hard, but that’s about it :thinking:

1 Like

Mortis not communicating is rather silly.

Mechagon is easy. Faceroll almost.

The mechanics will kill you if you don’t do them, but the actual DPS/HPS requirements are pretty low.

Definitely a user problem.

5 Likes

So much toxicity in here. How dare you tell someone to learn to play their class :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe you should stick to battle pets.

2 Likes

Man, I’ve only gotten to do this a couple times but I LOVE it. It’s basically a 5 man raid. Reminds me of the old vanilla runs though UBRS and LBRS.

I acknowledge that we got lucky both times. Me and a guildy tank-healer duo hooked up with 3 dps from another guild. Through the regular LFG listings, but it still ended up being a real good time because the DPS were all friends and the tank/healer were friends, so no one wanted to be a jackhole.

1 Like

Awesome. I really liked it too. I dont consider that being lucky though. that is proper use of the lfg tool which everyone has access to but not everyone seems to do. Text book of how it is supposed to be done imo.

“An MMO requires me to COMMUNICATE WITH OTHER PLAYERS?!?!?!?!? how disgusting.”

Thats you right now, stop playing an mmo if you dont want to have to communicate with other people to take on challenging tasks. The game needs more stuff like Op Mechagon, not less.

7 Likes

This is not meant to be a insult but I think it’s under tuned. It that being said I I am comparing it to Kara in legion. When Kara got released it was crazy hard but the rewards were well worth it.

Mechagon is under tuned and the rewards are not even worth going in there. When I went in there the first time I was surprised how low ilevel all the gear was, even after sims it was still a downgrade. Only thing worth it us maybe the punch cards but that became outdated crazy early in the season.

It sucks though because the dungeon itself is fun, it’s not Kara but still fun. Challenge and rewards wise, it needed a buff if some sort

3 Likes

To me, poorly tuned would mean that even if you are doing the machinics right for the most part, it is still too hard or requires unreasonable gear to complete it.

Your idea of poorly tuned seems to be that if you can’t simply ignore all the mechanics and still cakewalk through it, then it is too hard.

Is it harder than a normal mythic? Yes. That is why it drops gear 15 levels higher, the same as a normal mode raid. I think a more difficult, longer dungeon with better drops is a great idea and I hope they will continue to make dungeons like this in future patches.

But I’m glad they are adding an easy mode next patch for people who need the quest but don’t want put any effort into anything.

2 Likes

It isn’t. My first clear (my first time in the dungeon at all for that matter) was with a random pug. It isn’t hard as long as you know what’s going on and can handle mechanics.

1 Like

I haven’t done the dungeon yet, and likely won’t at this point until it hits LFD. I’m not a fan of the mythic community.

1 Like

I feel like you’re blowing this out of proportion. Mythic dungeons are meant to be something that are challenging. If you cannot find a group to get it done, then you must find a better group.

We cannot keep tuning down things out there for people who refuse to find guilds and find regular people to play with. Mechagon, like all content in this game, is best experienced with a group of friends and people who you associate with daily. Find a normal group of regular folks who you will hear often, and you will clear Mechagon with ease. That’s not being an elitest, it’s being a realist.

4 Likes

My group can literally blow through Mechagon in well less than an hour, possibly less than half an hour. I haven’t timed it but it doesn’t take very long at all and nothing is overly threatening.

Not even in hard mode! The only threat is that someone will mess up the button combination.

I think you just need to find a group of friends to run content with. Pugging is often terrible.

2 Likes

There will be a heroic version out when it is necessary to unlock the Mechagnomes.

2 Likes