Figured I'd try Operation: Mechagon

I didn’t know stepping into Operation was equivalent to the days you’d waste in old school AV.

It’s not poorly tuned. It is accessible by everyone. My first time in, in a random pug, we cleared it in an hour to an hour and a half. It is a 5 man raid, that’s it’s entire purpose. It doesn’t require playing hours equal to a full time job, and exaggerating like that isn’t going to help your case any.

4 Likes

On the other hand, you can create easily accessible content without everything having to play like pre-Heroic Warfronts.

Having to do things to succeed is kind of the fun of games. Accessibility is important, for sure, but not when it comes at the expense of everything else.

Mythic difficulty doesn’t require playing the game like it’s a full time job. I play ten hours a week, at most, and still did it when it first came out.

It requires communication and knowledge of your character, that’s it.

5 Likes

Do you have an alliance yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

I do. He is a 112 demon hunter.
Just got void elves…and my void elf is going to be a Brewmaster

Honestly, I’m half with you here.
The dungeon isn’t that poorly tuned, it is meant to be the hardest dungeon, being a late release Mythic only (until a later heroic release), rather than more of the same.
Unfortunately, I find trying to pug through that place to be awful, because there’s a lot of mechanics that’ll just cause a near-instant wipe on simple miscalculations, and groups there tend to break up super fast for some reason.
And honestly finding groups for it has gotten harder in the last few weeks.
My first trip though there was a slog, but the group was prepared for a long one, and we got through eventually. The next few attempts pugging? Smooth sailing. Now I’m lucky to not have a group that explodes in a fit of failure and profanity before finishing the 4th boss. But this might not be an issue with the dungeon itself, but more in the available players for pugging.

Not everyone is as skilled as you think they should be. Nobody deserves to be gated behind artificial walls, whether they are constructed by developers or by players.

When you couldn’t beat a level in a game you got better or quit the game, if you want just all story and no fighting VNs are really fun, no shame playing those.

They are making a heroic version to unlock them in, the only gate in play here is a time gate you have chosen to wait on by not tackling the offered content as is.

6 Likes

Oh, okay. This is fairly typical…

“do the content I do or quit the game and find a new one”

How about no? Everyone deserves to be able to complete the content in the game, thankfully the developers see it my way more than yours since the game is slowly, but surely, evolving to be more casual friendly.

Nice! I can help once you’ve got them leveled on up. :slight_smile:

It’s really easy, I cleared it the first week it was available. I’ve cleared the whole place 3 times now. Imo it’s very under tuned compared to how Kara was. Kara has a DPS check, tank check and healer check flights with lots of mobs and lots of needed communication to clear through.

I’m bummed to how easy mechagon was and wish there was more to the city part as well, whole place was underwhelming.

1 Like

All I said was right now you are able to run the dungeon, can do it to your hearts content, no one is physically stopping you… but you.

Demanding everything is instantly accessible… how is that any fun? Not attacking you or anything but isn’t overcoming a challenge much more fun than resting on your loins until they pretty much just hand you the win?

if you don’t want to put in the effort just sit it out and wait like i said until heroic, eventually you’ll be able to do it, Blizz already has a working system.

3 Likes

NO they don’t. Just because you pay $15 a month or whatever gold tokens are now doesn’t mean you deserve to see everything while sitting on your ar se waiting on hand outs. Like every other game. Just because you paid for it doesn’t mean you’ll see the end.

7 Likes

Thankfully the developers don’t see it your way and they are allowing us to queue for it in a heroic style dungeon. Your artificial wall is coming down.

The elitist crowd is getting pushed out of the way as more of us casual players come out demanding equal treatment. Each expansion that passes becomes more and more casual friendly, that’s something you’ll need to learn to accept.

1 Like

Why does there have to be an easy mode of everything in this game? You people will probably come crying to the forums if they leave the fight mechanics intact.

4 Likes

People gate themselves. Blizzard isn’t doing it artificially, it’s individuals not willing or wanting to learn their class better.

But this is neither here nor there. You’ll get your queable Heroic version next patch and it’ll be a done deal. I’m glad Blizzard releases it on this type of schedule so that challenging content comes first. It’s a good system to have, and the easier version can come later for those unwilling to push themselves even the smallest bit,

It might sound elitist of me, but there should always be a challenge for people to overcome. I can’t imagine feeling satisfied without working hard towards something, but that’s just me. Difficulty is a good thing.

5 Likes

There are no walls. Only people willing to try and improve and those who are not. We need more challenge in the game not less. The declining sub numbers agree with this.

3 Likes

You’re an idiot if you didn’t know they were always going to split it and put it in heroic queue. The rest of us knew.

False actually. Because if they really did remove challenging stuff from the game the people looking for challenge would leave, leaving only super social people and collectors. The social people would only stick around as long as they had a group, and that can be achieved in any game. The collectors will only stick around until they feel they’ve collected all they want to. Taking challenging content out would be a surefire way to kill their game.

2 Likes

If only there had already been a precedent set in another expansion where another megadungeon was introduced. Oh wait, there was. They did this same thing with Return to Karazhan. Imagine thinking they wouldn’t do the same thing with Operation: Mechagon.

So no, there are no walls. There’s no elitist crowd being pushed out of the way. This was the plan all along. Anyone with an ounce of sense already knew this.

2 Likes