FFXIV treats Lalafel more seriously than WoW treats Gnomes

Joke’s on you. I never take Lalafell seriously.

1 Like

I’d play more Gnomes if they sounded like this

1 Like

Omg that voice is deep

3 Likes

FFXIV knows how to write a story. If only they knew how to program combat.

2 Likes

Honestly, if WoW had a dye system…it would be perfect. That’s the main thing I’ve always liked about FF XIV’s glamour function. And sure, some of the items look nice. But at its core, it is unnecessarily complicated.

But Gnomes aren’t.

Okay, this is my first time, so be gentle.

PUNT

OP assumes everyone knows what kind of cringe anime abomination a “Lalafel” is. We don’t all play anime protagonist simulator 14.

But since he’s comparing them to gnomes then I deduce a Lalafel is a side character looking creature that usually helps the protagonist or is cute relief and is a companion or recurring character.

And you’d be incorrect. The heroes of the story are damn near undone by a Lalafell plot and even after it’s rebuffed by the heroes the Lalafell group still mostly gets what they want.

Lalafell are far more involved and dangerous in the plotline than I think any Gnome has ever been. Hell, tack Goblins and Vulpera onto that list and Lalafell still surpass them.

WoW’s biggest problem is it is chronically incapable of breaking out of the ‘protagonist race’ syndrome that keeps anyone that’s not a Human, Elf, or Orc out of anything noteworthy plot-wise.

2 Likes

Meanwhile:

1 Like

I don’t mind gnomes, I have one. Her face looks like she’s 75, angry, and probably constipated. :grimacing:

Creepy little potato people though? No thank you.

I was talking more about looks.

In sure any anime esque media is capable of turning any non threatening looking creature into a Thanos level threat.

My gnome gets licked a lot and it’s highly concerning. Lol.

1 Like

Incorrect opinion.

femroe’s are amazing.

2 Likes

The Asian created MMOs always seem to have at least one miniature race that appears childlike. It seems to be a reoccurring theme with their culture. I would say more but would likely get flagged.

*East Asian
They can keep that reputation to themselves, rest of us Asians want nothing to do with it

The worst part of playing a Lala is trying to get those jumping puzzles at the Gold Saucer done when you have an army of Roeg and bunny girls cluttering all the platforms.

FFXIV does have factions. It’s just that the playerbase isn’t arbitrarily split due to them.

2 Likes

You’ve obviously never played the MSQ.

I didn’t say that they are taken seriously 100% of the time and are absolutely never any silly content involving them. I said in contrast to gnomes they are taken more seriously. As far as story goes Lalafels are no more silly than any other race. Players may have their own opinions sure.

You mean the best thing about em :stuck_out_tongue:

Lalafel are creepy though.