FFXIV treats Lalafel more seriously than WoW treats Gnomes

They just creep me out for some reason, there’s like a handful of one’s that don’t creep me out because I like their characterization.

I’m more concerned that the one’s who play them sometimes dress them scantily clad…And apparently get ‘harassed’ more than the Miqo’te, which is even worse…

1 Like

Lalafell does not look like children.
But I also do not see anything sexy about them.

The viera though.

That said - Lalafell are quite the intriguing race in FF, and yes, are treated rather seriously compared to Warcraft’s gnomes, despite both franchises having a history of being somewhat comically toned.

2 Likes

I’m more of a fan of the Roegadyn gals XD

I like my tall warrior women to have a less blocky nose.

Coming from a game with an anime look, hmmmm…

Lalafel are SCARY in FFXIV. Yeah they look small and child-like but when push comes to shove, they do have control of things from the shadows and will take care of you, as seeing in Uldah part of MSQ.

1 Like

No they don’t.

They even added a lalafell lifter recently which is basically the equivalent of a kids step ladder.

They have just as many jokes and memes about them, even moreso in the community.

Nanamo 2024 :heart:

1 Like

Even goldshire doesn’t like your race. They put all but gnomes/short races to ERP. Except for a few questionable individuals from time to time ofc…which I honestly think need to be investigated.

How about buns? :rabbit::robot::rabbit:

She might be offering a drink. :beer: :robot:

4 Likes

Lalafel are jokes to me too.

I’ve never met a Lalafel player that wasn’t extremely edgy or annoying. They all seem to think their questionably mogged child characters are secretly evil and going to kill people.

:dracthyr_tea:

What? They’re known as “Lalafailures” in most of the community.

They’re mainly used for infantilizing yourself inappropriately.

OP, are you sure they treat them seriously? last time i checked, they gave them a baby-esque high-chair.

1 Like

At least gnomes aren’t playable Precious Moments.

Hmmm I am reminded of Shantoto

She can be spicy although I believe she precedes lalafel.

I know nothing about FF14. I do know that gnomes generally being comic relief is why I like them so much.

But then again, there was that “Jesus Christ…” moment with Turi Flickerflame recently. It’s a bit of a shame that that part of the questline was so short.

So short. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

2 Likes

I really loved the bit of chrome we got during the campaign.

We need more gnomes!

1 Like

Taking things that should never have been serious and treating them dead seriously is kind of Final Fantasy’s original sin.

Yeah, who would ever do something like that? innocent whistling

Lalafel schmallafel, ffxiv is cool but it still has a boomer xmog customization that isn’t on par with WoW unless I missed something in the past year of me not playing it, yeah cool it has a catgirls but we actually HAVE furries and scalies in WoW yeah take that final fantasy…