FF14 lies?

I don’t understand how if supposedly FF14 passed us in numbers and “WoW is dead”

Why is it that their streamers/viewership is so low and their forums are like… desolate.

I seriously think that there is such Anti-WoW bias (from even its own players) that it creates conspiracy theories and fake metrics. WoW doesn’t even report it’s numbers so how are these people comparing it to anything.

I play both games… and WoW feels so much more alive. I think FF14 will never truly hold a candle to WoW and it’s all just smoke and mirrors. Both great games can’t even compare the two but since it happens so much… I wanted to put my opinion here.

Even with the 3 huge MMO’s coming out “soon” … I still don’t think WoW has anything to worry about. maybe the riot game, but it still won’t be the WoW killer.

38 Likes

I don’t know why people care so much about numbers.

27 Likes

Streamers aren’t an indication of popularity in the wider world.

Everyone is playing the game.

154 Likes

Riight. /10 char

5 Likes

Forums exist to complain. And WoW forums are so alive exactly because all we do is complain

138 Likes

In terms of the streamers, I just think there are a lot more people streaming in WoW. If you actually look at the viewership, it’s pretty pathetic, it’s just spread out over a massive number of people streaming. Asmon hits like 40-50k people and the next best one is like 2k lol.

In terms of “more alive,” I’m not even sure what that means since it’s so vague.

Edit: Also, these forums are desolate too. Most of the posts are from the same group of people lol.

23 Likes

I actually hate FF and won’t leave WoW for anime game, but I can logically answer your question.

1. Streams for WoW are more popular because people are watching elite players play rather than play the game and get engaged for themselves.
  2. Forums are desolte because it seems like they have less to complain about and FF seems more like a game people want to immerse and socialize in over WoW. We need our forums because we just auto Q and never speak to each other unless it’s to flame for mistakes or something in a run.

I think a game with more to do in game that is enjoyable = less outside influence needed. I heard people literally sit in cantinas in FF and just act like goobers and have fun all day. We don’t do that in WoW anymore.

38 Likes

Do you not realize in general mmo content is really fricking boring to stream.

World first races? Okay
Arenas - I can see that one
Leveling - who wants to watch that?

FFXIV is huge on story focused gameplay just hoping in randomly you’re going to be lost on wtf is going on.

There are streams for the raid content but you also have to remember Shadowbringers is been over for quite awhile. Everyone is waiting on Endwalker. There’s not much to stream atm.

14 Likes

why does this matter to you?

4 Likes

Well there’s actually EXTRMELY unique content that im suprised isnt more popular in FF’s camp.

For example PotD solo, is an amazing category and you’d think would have atleast some twitch clout… maybe I just haven’t seen it yet but I don’t think many people stream it. The official ranking seems sort of desolate on its own with barely any 2021 records.

It’s funny how SE is obviously into the idea of record keeping (they have about 4 different categories they rank for) yet the one that seems to be more popular in the community they don’t officially support, sort of like a raider io except it goes against TOS.

1 Like

Well, that may be true, but…
I mean, it has to say SOMETHING when nobody is talking about one game and everyone is talking about another game, right?

Why? Idk. I’m a player of both games. Its all over my YouTube feed lately. Thought I’d chime in. There a problem?

I’ve only done PotD to level alt jobs, which I liked it for that but I’m amusing you’re talking more of running it end game. Which, I’ve never done.

Just wondering, since you answered “Idk” i guess ill just have to keep wondering.

1 Like

I don’t think that it matters either way. Both games can be healthy simultaneously.

People worry about comparisons and what’s popular too much. lol

9 Likes

WoW’s been dead since 2004.

4 Likes

It hasn’t. The claim that it has is based on a false article that divides the WoW playerbase into seperate parts and then only counts them individually against the FFXIV number, which is also padded by counting ones that shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s super neat. People can run it super high solo or with a party. Running it with a white mage seems fun. I think rank 1 is like at floor 187 or something. It’s officially ranked which is cool.

WoWs world never feels alive, to me, unless you’re in a spot where people have to congregate like cities, covenants, world bosses or hubs like Ve’naris refuge. The world is barren otherwise.

Go play in any zone of previous expansions. Bfa will have some people because of alts questing, legion might have some people working on their order hall mounts, and then nothing.

13 Likes

Blizzard needs to turn WoW into a giant hot tub game full of scantily clad ladies. It’ll make some serious cash on Twitch!

6 Likes