Feral Druid Dead Last in Raid DPS

huh?

The blue parse in question was Rashok.

Bruh….

I took a heroic kill…. Scrolled aaaaaaaaaaall the way down to the very last purple parse.
That purple parse is now a blue parse
I’m setting the bar extremely low here.

No?
Want to use a 5 min kill instead?
ok…

yes,., yes he would.

Want me to keep scrolling untill I hit 96k?
See what color I get?
Its green.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/33#difficulty=4&boss=2680&class=Druid&spec=Feral&page=21
Number 2019 @ 96,484.
4.5 mins fight.

A green parsing feral beat that warrior.

1 Like

Can you go to LORRGS ‘dot’ IO and explain to me when you even take the top 50 logs of every spec on every boss and look at very last place, middle, or first place of every log why is feral last (Assault isn’t obviously but Feral is far from first)? When you assume everyone is just as skilled as everyone else you get to focus more on how well a class can actually perform. Surprise to no one but you and a few people on here, feral is last.

Your own parses are bad compared to Lorrgs, yet feral’s very best are getting their collective @ss handed to them.

BOTTOM LINE: WHEN PLAYED PERFECTLY, FERAL IS PERFORMING WELL BEHIND THE OTHER CLASSES.

1 Like

Only in the event that all the other specs are played perfectly.

Bottom line: they’re not. Which now screws up and invalidates the rankings charts

Found the problem.

The 25th or 50th best parse is probably the best way to compare a specs relative potential.

By that point the results have started to clump, so the outliers at the top are thrown out. And if you have a lot of parses clumping by that point, and since they’re the top parses, you can assume for each individual parse it was one of the best players, with the best gear, best group, with the most advantageous circumstances. Basically for every top parse, for every spec, you can assume that’s the result when everything goes right.

So any argument you can make about the circumstances for a particular spec or parse, you can make for all of them. There’s a mountain of data and these are the parses that rose to the top.

And then when you start to compare different difficulties, bosses, m+ levels, and you see the same trends, same specs on top, same specs on bottom, you can assume it’s not a player problem.

relative to equal parses.
its not relative to you.

so no… its not a good way.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DcBxYMaL8Cv91Pzy#fight=13&type=damage-done

Jpeppers
volorox
Vysera
Urund
Goof
Sermakò
Talön
Absens
Bigrig
Byryja
Sörren
Kasteen

12 players who are not playing even remotely close to the percentage you are.
There is nothing relative about it.

But here you are pretending it is.

Except in your case… it 100% is.
Not you specifically, but the rest of your guild?

Without a doubt.

How the hell are you going to stand there and compare yourself to an orange/purple parsing evoker, when yours has trouble even breaking 65%?

Your ret is 30%
Priest is 20%
Warrior is 15%

Jesus christ man…Those lists have nothing to do with you.
When are you going to open your eyes?

The odd issues I have with feral is the 4p tier set prcoing random combo points. Sometimes I would have so much combo points coming in others well not so much. Wish the bonus wouldn’t be so random.

Also same with Arms warrior they have change build depending if they want AoE or ST unlike some spec that can do fine in just one build. Not a big deal just annoying.

2 Likes

lqtm that berserk increases shred and rake damage while also pushing shred out of rotation during the window with excess cp generation

good design

2 Likes

And that’s why the change of having those combo points carry over. Now you do not have to sit on 4 CP and wait for that 5th one to pop up to fire off a Finisher. Get that Shred in there, over cap (carry over) and be even closer the next round.

and the next time you won’t shred at all because you’re at 5 CP - it’s okay though because you’ll have 3 minutes of wondering why shred exists when it’s damage is so low before you again forget shred exists even after a 50% buff

if blizzards goal is to make combo points as a system unattractive and not working, they’re absolutely killing it

good design

3 Likes

Remember when shred was more than a cp generator?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers

1 Like

Yeah, but I also member dumping CPs on Savage Roar too which… phew, glad that’s over.

The dumb part though is that I wouldn’t even mind dumping CPs on a Roar every now and then given how plentiful they are in current design… (you could argue that’s pretty much the point of SbT now though—rolling up an augment for Biting) when CPs were slower, it was rough but the pendulum swung back the other way now. I still think my sweet spot for single target is the tuning knob for Rip damage from SbT and pulling some of that baseline damage out of Bite and back into the bleed.

Maybe that’s the nature of scaling though. Sooner or later, we’re one button biters (ST talking, AoE better than ever now). The plus side is that it scales, the down side is actual one button specs don’t tend to use the same on and off ramp… also, classes get tuned around expectations of scaling.

Aside from Berserk, Feral is pretty good. I have missed Legion Incarn every day since it was reworked back then. It’s sort of in place now, but those Shreds aren’t the same…

I also think there’s something fishy (at a meta level) when we talent our AoE generator to become our strongest single target generator. It’s incremental damage at best but as a design, it just feels like that injected difficulty for “skill expression”. Aka Blood Talons.

Feral needs some small buffs (which it received and will received in 10.1.5) for single target damage but it’s not in a terrible place. It IS an unforgiving spec compared to something like Ret Paladin, but when played well it’s still a good spec.

I’m only a 3/9 mythic and not a great player by any means but there is a feral in my guild who is quite good in our raid group.

1 Like

This very true. If you fall behind for just a little bit on a raid boss, it can take several minutes to come close to catching back up to where you should be.
I’ve had my opener get gibbed by Rashok a few times now. Losing that initial Incarn window can be the difference between purple parse damage and green parse damage depending on the groups strat on puddle placement. Running to Africa to drop a pool puts the brakes on us hard.

1 Like

No, see if you only compare yourself to terrible players, then you’re doing fine.

Their POV never makes any sense because they are being contrary for the memes.

2 Likes

The spec isn’t in as bad of a spot as a lot of people here are panicking about but the skill cap for the spec is high. Therefore, it’s really unforgiving to the bottom half of players skewing results (imo). The incoming buffs will be much welcome and I think we’ll actually see feral in the top half in ST fights.

I mean… yeah.
If youre continually #1 dps in youre guild, then wherever feral ranks on the dps lists compared to other classes is irrelevant.

Thats what we’ve been saying this entire thread.

Youre all playing with terrible players… and pretending you aren’t.
Its pathetic.

Its been proven countless times over… ten fold.

but sure… keep playing the victim.

1 Like

Doesnt make sense because we understand how the data is portrayed and what it represents while y’all are taking it at face value as an absolute.

It’s pretty easy to see that’s a stack of ranges and the feral range is to the left of most of the others. Noticeably.

But you guys know that. You’re just doing it for that memes. The little rush you get from pulling some commenter on these forums. So alien to human experience, you can’t really even describe why you crave it so much.

1 Like

I mean they’re being a little on the nose about it but the thing about all specs this season is that they’re closer than they’ve ever been.

Yes, feral has been at the bottom on a lot of logs but the complexity of the rotation makes it really challenging for people at the lower end of the spectrum. We do deserve some buffs and we are getting them. However, there are plenty of ferals (myself included plenty of times) who are personally doing poor and it says a lot more about the complexity of the rotation than anything else imo.