Feldrake twitch drop

Which confuses me, because this is Twitch’s post on their FAQ:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/609212795522777089/1048007337891352667/image.png

Their entire FAQ is all about how it’s the developer’s job to make sure they’re distributing the rewards properly.

Yet Blizzard’s response is they can’t distribute the rewards. It’s… frustrating, to say the least.

6 Likes

According to Twitch Customer Support, it is the game developer (Blizzard) who is responsible for fulfilling drops. So GMs telling us to contact Twitch is incorrect and Blizzard should 100% have access to drop info. I agree with you and none of this makes any sense.

EDIT: lol @ us posting the same thing at the same time.

1 Like

Because Twitch sends the data to the devs, and if the data is not complete, then the devs cannot see what they have not been given by Twitch.

3 Likes

You can’t be given a mount more than once. It literally does not work that way. We aren’t given the mount as an item. So take one extra step and check if the linked account has the mount on it.

1 Like

Exactly this ^^

It is not a “send-data-one-time” sort of deal. That is the reason why we connect our accounts. Blizzard has access to our Twitch accounts to view our drop inventory.

I tried it, reluctantly. I made a new twitch account with a different email, shakily disconnected first account from the Wow connections page, and when I hit connect it brought up my new twitch account and linked them without a problem. Now to “watch” another four hours…

/crosses fingers

I’m glad it worked for you. I unfortunately already disconnected and relinked the same exact Twitch account, so I fear I wasted my 7 day cooldown on that already and won’t be able to do a new account. Also, we only have a few hours left to watch and claim the mount. I’m too scared to attempt this.

I’d rather not risk it. Unless a blue comes in here telling us to do this, I’ll wait. I already watched 4 hours.

That ends in 9 hours too, so… >_>

3 Likes

Its been a few hours since “redeeming” on the new account. Still nuthin :frowning:

I’m still not sure why CS GMs can’t toss us the mount. If its an account tool issue, that should have been resolved a long time ago.

2 Likes

Policy.

They are not permitted to give players items or mounts that are not supported by data from Blizzard’s data sources.

In this case I would wager that something is messed up between Twitch and Blizzard. Either data is not getting sent to Blizzard, or Blizzard’s systems are not seeing the data that they got. I don’t know how that data is processed. As it comes in or do they run batch operations that process data and award mounts every X time period? If so how often is that time period?

Either way, a GM can’t see it if their systems can’t and they would not let them give out a mount without that.

For a batch issues like this, they would also make a blanket policy decision on how to handle it so each customer is treated the same. I don’t think they want one GM deciding to give you a mount, and another deciding not to give me one. They prefer uniformity on that sort of thing.

I assume at some point Blizz can share what is going on?

9 Likes

I’m hoping, cause I’m going to be mighty peeved if I get screwed out of a reward I did what was required for because of a data error, but other people got it, personally.

2 Likes

Either way thats disappointing.

Looking at the data twitch has on it, its clear I should have it.

{
“game”: {
“id”: “18122”,
“name”: “World of Warcraft”,
“__typename”: “Game”
},
“id”: “X”,
“imageURL”: “https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/twitch-drops-assets-prod/BENEFIT-039ed2cc-0aa8-4d25-b5a1-e886f43606ac.png”,
“isConnected”: true,
“lastAwardedAt”: “2022-11-29T03:14:53Z”,
“name”: “Feldrake Mount”,
“requiredAccountLink”: “https://account.battle.net/connections”,
“totalCount”: 1,
“__typename”: “UserDropReward”
},

1 Like

I am in the same boat still nothing , Why even bother doing this type of stuff if the mount doesnt go to everyone with correct accounts linked etc

2 Likes

I just swapped got 2 warnings about the 7 days and connected new account no issues. But my old account was connected a for awhile. Im running a stream on my computer while i go to sleep . Fingers crossed. Also of note I disconnected and reconnected my old twitch account 3 times so it had no effect on adding the new one. Hope this helps someone

1 Like

Believe me, I am mad. I still don’t even have the dragon kite.

1 Like

Agreed. The Twitch CS team is saying that this issue is on Blizzard’s end entirely.

1 Like

Because the mount is provided by a license, if you don’t have the license then even if a Game Master were to give you the mount the lack of the license on the account would remove it.

Game Masters aren’t able to add a license.

9 Likes

yes I got the same resolved msg why does this happen?

I understand that but for me this is day 3 still no mount, I got the kite right away. I am confused why they just could issue a code from twitch to claim this. Unique code of course.