Feign Death + Trap Bug

Still not working, plus FD-Shadowmeld also doesn’t work

That Blizzard reply sounded awesome and that a fix may be incoming…until i saw that it was dated September 19th and it’s still broken. :expressionless:

FD trap is still super broken. I’ve had it fail multiple times in the past few days, in both pve and pvp situations. In MC I’ve had no animation or drop of combat but the threat reset is still there, which is nice…I guess. Still busted AF, plz fix before phase 2.

4 Likes

why do traps last less than 7 seconds? i can barely even get away, let alone cast an aimed shot.

someone at blizz HATES hunters. its the only fathomable explanation. no private server, or old classic has hunters this bad.

5 Likes

Lol I have a little level 16 hunter and I don’t know how you guys made it to 60 tbh.

It is painful to play a hunter. Pets are basically retarded.

But you know what I can’t stand? The little 500ms delay or whatever you sometimes get for no reason when a shot has reset. At first I thought it was lag or batching or whatever and then I was reading the not a bug list or whatever and saw the “500 ms delay is working as intended” bit

Oh OKAY LOL So randomly when your shots have reset you may get a 500ms delay on your next shot? Which completely destroys any stutter stepping because obviously you move expecting the next shot to complete forcing you to stop mid shot AGAIN and reload your shot basically wasting a skillfully done stutter step.

This is the stuff that basically makes me think “yeah your reference client is horse s hit” I’ve never even heard of such a thing before

“Oh yeah sometimes your AUTO ATTACK just has a delay”

This class is flat out broken even considering druids and rogues I don’t know how you people even log on lol

5 Likes

Wow. I think you nailed it

Well played sir

/clap

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s like the batch gets everything out of order or just happens in random order.

Not every time I attack with my succubus, but many times, the mob evades and re-sets if she was invisible, because it’s not being updated that she’s now visible before it attempts to attack her back so sees an unreachable mob and evade-resets.

If things were going off in the correct order on the batch, she’d unstealth and attack, then the mob would hit her.

They’re going to release honor with Hunter legitimately broken.,…

IS THIS RETAIL?? tf is going on

11 Likes

Bump, still no news?

2 Likes

They need to say if they’re going to fix some stuff tuesday when honor releases.

2 Likes

Nothing will be fixed.

Enjoy your unplayable world pvp, server crashing world bosses, and still bugged-since-beta basic mechanics, peasants.

Btw, thanks for all the sub money

-Blizz (probably)

3 Likes

Confirmed, FD + trap still ultra buggy. :sob:

1 Like

Blizz throw us a bone on some of these bugs, cmon.

1 Like

Any update on when they fix this ?

1 Like

Hello everyone so i had the same issues till i found the fix for this delays and issues with other classes as well. Specially macros that do 2-3 spells/abilities at once. Since your spells are sent in batches due to spell batching. The fix is very simple and works in pvp on my hunter also for my paladins healing is by changing your (SpellQueueWindow)…
So since i smash buttons fast i want things to register as i press them fast so i set my Window near my Ping!

Me having 80 ping i set my spellqueuewindow to 100 and traps get dropped in the same second i faint death including in pvp!

First of all the default is 400ms to check what yours is make a macro
or just type:
/dump GetCVar(“SpellQueueWindow”)
This is to see what your current queue is most likely 400 which means 400ms

now lets say your ping is 70 then try and set it to 90ms by using this command or make a macro for it.
(/console SpellQueueWindow 90) this number can be changed to anything some people like it around 200-250 from 400, which is good for spell casters doing dps or healers… For hunters since we spam our buttons for to get that Freezing Trap ASAP i recommend as near to your as possible just a tad higher then your average ping.

Thats it people you will drop combat instantly and drop the trap right away. Without that annoying 1-2 second delay in dungeons or in pvp or out questing. Basically it does FD+Trap in Same GCD global cooldown and Same Spell Batch easy peazy.

Also the proper macro is to stop attack and in combat variation of the faint death freeze trap while putting pet on passive.
Here it is:

#showtooltip Freezing Trap
/stopattack
/cast [combat] Feign Death
/cast Call Pet
/cast Freezing Trap

this macro works flawless both in pvp and pve and with lowered spellqueuewindow

The reason this works is because both Faint Death and Freeze trap get sent in the same Spell Batch you smashed your macro button :). Thank me later guys

Now as for faint death while moving or jumping in the air that does not work have to let go of your movement keys to do it. However with lower spell queue i never have problem moving around right after FD and dropping the freeze trap because your out of combat and still moving and does NOT get you back in combat since the macro has [combat] and stop attack in it!!! also swing timers from opponents will not get you back in combat either and the trap works 100% of the time in pvp. Unless resisted or on Diminishing return since its shared with Scattershot now as DR. How ever it isn’t bad at all because your kiting anyways and DR resets by that time!

6 Likes

Find this hard to believe since the issue really doesn’t seem to be macro related whatsoever. Even when using Feign Death by itself with no macro, it takes longer than it should to drop combat. I’ll test it later though and see if it helps.

1 Like

this is 100% absolutely NOT fixed. the ability still barely functions.

2 Likes

Can we all just agree that spell batching sucks and needs to be lowered? Take the reference client, throw it in the garbage, and ask yourself if the game is better or not with this gigantic spell batching.

4 Likes

This is my last day with an active sub.

Hopefully I can do my part to hit Blizzard in the only place they feel it: their wallets

4 Likes

The spell queue window shouldn’t have any effect on this. It’s not at all related to spell batching. If it is having an effect, there’s something very very wrong going on with the client.

1 Like