Feign Death + Trap Bug

So night and day to what we have now.

I put together a video showing a breakdown of the combat processes due to spell batching.

It’s pretty rough, but shows what I’m seeing during this pull, and the assorted delays associated with spell batching. I’m also working on the feign death video and going to break it down also

Video playback is at 25% speed and recorded directly from youtube

If you pause at 16 seconds you can see the complete disconnect with reality the servers are running on when you look at the hunter pet’s focus bar, and the mob’s target of target focus bar

1 Like

Can we have an ETA on when you’re going to fix this glaring issue?

1 Like

Keep it up and we’ll be up to 700 posts soon…

1 Like

Folks asking for an ETA on a bug fix of ANY kind are woefully ignorant of the nature of software development.

If they could provide you with a reasonable ETA then what that means is the bug is already confirmed to be 100% fixed on their internal testing rigs and simply needs to be slotted into production.

If they say they’re working on it, then all you can do is be patient guys. I know it’s frustrating and you want progress but you cannot reasonably ask them to provide an ETA for a fix for something they still don’t have nailed to the wall yet.

I just hope they realize this seems to be a bug with more than just this ability. This just happens to be one of the ways it manifests itself out of the many ways combat works differently than it should.

1 Like

The game is treating all attacks in the queue equally. However, when you have interrupted an incoming, it should stop, not merely be delayed.

3 Likes

Feign death is still not working as it should.

1 Like

Billion dollar company and literally can’t figure out Feign death trap is not working like it did in vanilla. They just keep trying to convince us it “SHOULD” be.

ITS NOT FREAKING WORKING RIGHT

4 Likes

What sucks is that, b/c its taking so long to fix this bug, we haven’t been able to begin a conversation about all our other bugs. Lmfao

FOR EXAMPLE: Aimed Shot sometimes fails at the end of its cast time and doesn’t come out for another 2 seconds.

BUT LETS NOT DIGRESS LOL

4 Likes

Really hope this gets fixed soon. I play on a PvP server, so whenever a melee engages on me in World PvP I’m pretty much just screwed. It doesn’t help that leeway is heavily biased in a melee’s favor as well.

1 Like

Still not working

2 Likes

I think this should be highlighted. There is something bigger going on here. The question becomes, is this a bigger bug than they anticipated and harder to squash or are they just not putting the resources into fixing it?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that it is now sometimes taking ~ 3-4 seconds! to lose combat.

I’ll FD with my pet out, the mob will continue to attack me and I’ll still have the swords on my portrait for ~ 3-4 seconds then combat drops and it behaves as it should. My pet hasn’t died nor anything else happened that would make the combat drop. it just has a HUGE delay sometimes. If I lay there for multiple hits on me it will then sometimes actually work! but 3-4 seconds later.

How is this fixed? it’s really bad atleast 50% of the time I die when I shouldn’t or a I fail a CC.

3 Likes

This was the response we got from Blizzard on September 19th. It’s not looking too good for hunters if battlegrounds come out and this isn’t fixed. I think the complaints have slowed down mainly because it doesn’t really hurt much in PVE. Many hunters who PVP have already rerolled another class or quit the game because of this, including me. I rerolled mage because I need backup in case it’s not fixed when BG’s come out. Hunter’s will literally disappear from BG’s. What kind of classic will this be without hunters?

2 Likes

I un-subbed. It’s embarrassing to play my hunter. Havent played him in a week or two. Was trying to catch up on some alts, (one is a druid, smh)

They’re all screwed. That’s when I realized, why the hell am I even playing this dumpster fire? There are CONSTANT failures of abilities that are out of my control. There is PROOF that things are not working the same as “classic.”
Whatever the reference client is, it’s wrong. Post after post proving that it’s wrong. Videos, old patch notes, and the entire community telling you it’s wrong, yet they just continue on. “Dat reference client, yo.”

Ton’s upon tons of feedback about this, scattershot/trap DR, pet behavior, rogue vanish, interupts and stuns not working.

And what do we get?

“It’s wrong on this super-secret reference client, too.”

Is that what you think we wanted? to maintain bugs in your reference? That is NOT what classic wow was about. That is NOT what Blizzard is about. Do you think people were excited and happy that Blizz was doing classic because they maintain the bugs?! Who is in charge of deciding what bugs to keep?

Whatever, i’m done being frustrated. I’m tired of having the fun sucked out of a game from 15 years ago because their reference has a 4-second delay on everything.

You had the chance to give us classic wow on new technology. You had the time, the money, and the people, to do it right. Instead you focus on the wrong goal. The reference client, instead of the players.

2 Likes

Sadly there is a lot of proof that Scattershot/trap sharing DR is working as intended.

Just something we’re gonna have to deal with.

They have also admitted that FD is bugged, but they can’t seem to find a way to fix it.

Where is your supposed proof? What “secret” reference client? We literally have been using the original client to play on private servers for years. It’s the same exact client that was used in 2006. These issues simply didn’t exist in the original reference client. We don’t have to remember from 15 years ago. We literally were using it to play on private servers up until the day classic came out. Are you telling me I can’t remember how class abilities worked… two months ago?

1 Like

You are once again wrong. There is more than enough footage from old pvp videos that show the DR of Scatter / Trap. Your private server client expierence (HAHA) (tbc client backports btw) are worth exactly nothing.

What kind of sad person do you have to be to troll in the bug-report forums.