Feign Death + Trap Bug

this is all about the simulated lag. All classes have some kind of quirk because of it. Whatever the spell batching/queing order is, it’s conflicting with the fake lag.

It’s like they set it all up, then added the lag later, so things are not hitting the server at the right times. Now they are trying to figure out how to find where the conflicts are and why.

Just remove the fake lag! We came to the legit servers because we expected a smooth gaming experience, not to pretend our internet connection is dial-up.

This isn’t “pretend its 15 years ago” That’s not the classic experience, we just want to play a good version of classic wow.

What good has come from any of this? Are yall keeping classic just frustrating enough on purpose to move people into current wow? I cannot see any benefit to what y’all did.

5 Likes

I reckon half the classic population will quit or go back to retail after phase 2 comes out and all of this stuff is still broken. RIP the dream.

is it fake lag or are they just recording / logging everything these days?

R u alive Blizzard? What r u guise doing…

1 Like

Definitely have to agree. Might not even be batching itself but how actions are queued that is way off. Still, server lag on top of player lag is unnecessary.

That’s just it. I appreciate the intent on Blizzard’s behalf, but if it results in more bugs and frustration, is it worth it? Definitely not. We’re not into classic because of the sub-par infrastructure, we’re into classic because it’s a superior experience… throw in a few dozen bugs, however, that need to be tolerated by people who knew and enjoyed the real deal, and suddenly it becomes less appealing.

I’m pretty much done with this hunter until this is fixed. Feels like a waste, going through a less-enjoyable-than-it-should-be experience. Really took the enthusiasm out of leveling, capping and gearing up.

1 Like

Same. I’ve canceled sub and haven’t logged on since I got to level 30 and tried out Feign Death. I still have some hope though, but it’s almost gone. I’ve been browsing these boards hoping Blizzard will decide to come out from hiding one of these days.

Bumping until fixed.

Still fails rarely due to some weird queue issue probably that blizzard thought they fixed.

Fails due to any movement.

Delay to drop combat still too long.

Daily reminder that this was well reported in beta and blizzard has still managed to not fix it.

2 Likes

Does blizz have like 1 programmer dedicated to classic? How long does it take to address bugs? This is a joke, they are literally only selling this game due to their brand which by the way they don’t even live up to anymore. Private servers have done a better job with hobby programmers for free! It’s honestly unbelievable

1 Like

This exactly.

As jank as Pservers had some things they at least got MOST of everything else right.

Really wish i could freeze trap a mob a second time in instances reliably. Or at least get confirmation that a fix is in the works.

But, but, but… more content, more sales! It’s not about quality, it’s about marketing and monetization! Given how most triple A games release (or pre-release) nowadays, we shouldn’t be surprised.

If this persists, I’ll be cancelling my subscription also and writing an angrily worded forum post regarding “fixes vs shinies”. That’s how WoW deteriorated. I hope they don’t let Classic go the way of WoW.

1 Like

lol we can get a reply about something small like this and yes i play a hunter it’s annoying, but so is the unbalanced severs DO SOMETHING BLIZZARD. or risk losing more people just to giving up.

1 Like

It at least drops combat reliably now. It just doesnt do so instantly like it should. So to feign trap I have to

Feign

wait like a global while combat actually drops

Hit my trap when its usable after combat finally falls.

Stand up and resume.

This is fine as Im a PvE carebear and this is just me doubletrapping in instances for utility… But this would be a disaster of a non-usable system in PvP, so I feel sorry for my competitive brothers.

5 Likes

The problem appears to be that once an attack is queued it executes, even if delayed by CC, an interrupt or is otherwise aborted.

This is not proper and should be fixed.

This dev bunch. . . aren’t really up to it, I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Yeah, this even happens to player-characters. I was put in an ice-block by a mob last night and my pet and dots finished it off. I was leveling my dagger skill on it at the time and when the ice-block ended my character did one more auto-attack to the air, lol.

Did this get changed or their temporary fix reverted? I’m getting the bug again where no FD animation or effect happens at all but it consumes my cooldown. This is while standing completely still, no hands on movement key or mouse.

1 Like

One thing that hasn’t been addressed by the blues is the pet.

There is a very detailed testing video on youtube called Classic Hunter Macros - Traps (Feign Death, Bugs and Workarounds), by muhshuh. I’d appreciate if someone would link it as I’m new to the forums and thus blocked.

Another thing that comes to mind is how queuing and batching could be affecting this combo. What I think is happening is Feign Death + drop combat is happening in one batch, making the trap unusable and thus delayed until the next batch is processed. That would result in a minimum of 401ms for the combo to execute + one’s input lag, assuming the command reaches the server right as one batch is about to end; the maximum, then, is 799ms. Worse yet would be if Feign Death cast is happening in one batch, dropping combat on another and casting the trap on a third one. Both seem plausible given what I’ve observed. With 200ms, I have to be lying on the floor fully dead before the trap appears, spamming the macro. Way too long.

Regardless, Feign Death + exit combat + lay trap should have absolute priority in the batch if batching is to work as intended: so two people can cc each other at the same time (is that really worth the server lag???).

I’ll say it again: Feign Death + exit combat + lay trap should have absolute priority in the batch. Anything else results in a fail.

Also, take a look at that pet interaction.

why have almost every private server been way better than the original?

i trapped a lvl 49 (as a 60) and the trap lasted less than 5 seconds. why is ice trap so short?

who the **** hates hunters at blizz office to complete nerf them?

1 Like

I don’t really have anything to add at this point. Everything has been reported and well documented so at this point it is up to Blizz.

It has been 1 month since the first blue post, so I would imagine there will be another development soon, hopefully.

Just bumping to make sure no one (Blizz) can pretend to ‘forget’ about FD being comically bad.

1 Like

Pserver was better because it used the original reference client.

1 Like