Feign Death + Trap Bug

You’re right. :frowning:

I just want it fixed so bad. Especially when you know how it’s supposed to work…

Oh I know, it’s so frustrating. The bugs this class still has to contend with…

And then there’s leeway; and spell batching, which for some reason doesn’t recognize when a “queued” move is interrupted. sigh

1 Like

As much as I hate leeway I feel like I could deal with it as long as my trap combos are working properly lol. Even if they fix the queueing issue combat still takes too long to drop when casting fd, it’s just so clunky right now

Yep. I did read a comment from one of the Classic devs that hunters are the single most complicated class to reconstruct.

(It made me wonder if that’s why hunters got stripped of core abilities/toolkit in R)

Adding my name to the pile. I know my way around macros so I could test various setups, etc.

The single biggest issue is the delay. Yes, FD+Trap combo is tricky, but FD itself is bugged. A simple test with pet on passive and hunter in melee proves that: cast feign death, see how long it takes for the pve mob to leave you be. It used to be instant, as in:

• cast feign death = enemy drops target

If there was an auto-attack queued or whatever, it didn’t matter. If your pet got attacked, it wouldn’t affect the macro because
/cast Feign Death
/cast Frost Trap
would be queued together, so even with latency both actions would be delayed but occur simultaneously.

Right now it goes like this:
cast Feign Death - wait for the animation to end - maybe drop combat

In PvP, aside from the obvious inconvenience, if an enemy had you targeted the hunter would be de-selected automatically and instantly. If this is not happening in PvE I highly doubt it’s happening in PvP.

But that’s the issue, it’s not Feign Death + Trap that’s bugged. It’s Feign Death and having to wait for the animation to play out.

2 Likes

Most if not all melee classes are broken thanks to this artificial crap called leeway and spell batching

1 Like

Canceled sub until this is fixed.

Got to level 30 last night, was really excited to try out Feign Death. It was a sad night :frowning:

I don’t see any reason to keep leveling a Hunter if we don’t know for sure that this will be fixed. And I don’t really feel like playing any other class right now.

4 Likes

Gonna bump again. Just last night I had FD do nothing during an attempted gank. I’ve been saving all my videos for a supercut of how busted it is. Just not sure where/how to post it.

1 Like

I’d say upload it to youtube as well as embed it in a post here.

yea, its still not working correctly, hopefully we get something from blizzard soon, but im not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Counting the days until more vanilla private servers come back. I’ve completely lost hope in Blizzard. The only thing they’ve done in two months is fix the login screen.

6 Likes

Yup FD and traps are still not working how they should. Aldo, pets are having a Lot of difficulties to hit movimg targets.

4 Likes

still broken. yay.

its been weeks why are there not fixes for this? no wonder people are leaving the game. blizzard just don’t seem to want to fix the issues.

No idea. Feelsbad.

1 Like

Could this be spell batching also?
You know, that thing literally no one asked for nor wants.

It triggers delays pretty much in every interaction between players and/or NPCs, well above lag. I’m noticing it with instant cast spells and health bars updating (or registering the hit) much too late; when healing, again, the health bar takes a solid .5s-1s extra to update, after the animation ends; with pet delays, vendor delays, etc.

Since Feign Death is one such interaction between two entities, there’s the activation on one end and exiting combat (or dropping target in PvP) on the other, could spell batching be at fault?

6 Likes

A rogue’s gouge ability is completely wrong with queuing.

3 Likes

As is vanish.

3 Likes

having to spam a macro just to get a trap down is annoying.

you will not drop combat unless you do the macro. and that only works 50% of the time.

also the trap has a 1-2 second lag time to appear.

hunters blow in pvp currently