Feign Death + Trap Bug

I haven’t had much issue in pve. I remove my hands from everything but the one button to cast feign, so the hypersensitive FD doesn’t screw up the feign. This is a huge issue in itself, but in pve it’s been mostly working.

In PvP, feign is just terrible. It really is just a mess. The only way it works consistently is if I’ve never attacked with my pet, and then scatter the target so I can have the batch give time to allow me out of combat. But then, because the genius decision makers at blizzard decided to implement a vanilla bug as a way of life for classic hunters in the form of shared DR, my traps are only half duration. Also, there are add-ons that retarget players so the target drop doesn’t really happen and melee continue making you grab your ankles.

I’m having so much fun…

Try playing a rogue. We have a ton of bugs too. Currently out vanish is severely bugged and is not dropping combat.

Plus, i’ve been sapped for literally only like 3 seconds at a time.

I played a rogue in vanilla and 3 second saps never occurred.

Welcome to the club, Rogues.

1 Like

Feign Death status report:

• still fails (goes on CD with no combat drop/aggro drop) if you’re even just pressing the right mouse button

• still a ~1 second delay on leaving combat to drop trap

1 Like

Been doing a lot of PvP to enjoy some time away from grinding. Trap works better, but it’s still not correct. The trap component of fd trap is still way too slow. It appears to take roughly 1 second to come out. This isn’t good enough.

Pets seem to struggle to attack a moving player. So leeway screws hunters in every way imaginable but leeway doesn’t help hunter’s pet? Pets do better when the player is snared.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to be very honest with people who haven’t hit over 40 yet or are considering hunter. Don’t do it. This isn’t the hunter you remember from vanilla or saw videos of on YouTube from vanilla. This is anything but that.

I’m not deleting my hunter, just in hopes they get fixed. But I’m jumping ship. If you play pve server and your guild are your friends that would let you be a potato and raid, stick with your hunter. They’re still fun. But they don’t perform for people wanting min/max. They truly don’t perform.

The day the hunter was anti rogue/warrior is over. Hunter is anti nothing vs GOOD players. Imagine great players. You will be corpse running because your class can’t perform.

Sorry :slightly_frowning_face: Trust I miss vanilla wow. When they announced vanilla wow and the guy in the stage said that cringy favorite flavor of ice cream line, I was so excited. But this is classic, which is a version name. This isn’t what we played in 2004. Lame af. Private servers did it better.

8 Likes

Great to see a Blue post acknowledging that EVERYTHING is broken and theyre looking into it.

1 Like

Honestly, that looks more like you got resisted on sap and resisted on vanish. not that it didn’t work… our bug is more the time it takes for FD to work is dependent on the race and how long our death animation is.

Also, a post on a bug thread that says “our bugs are important too” makes no sense imo.

Leeway is 100% abusable in wow classic now.

Can we please get FD/Trap fix asap so hunters aren’t free kills for EVERY class now?

2 Likes

Leeway is why hunter is unplayable in pvp now.

Fighting them on my warr or rogue i feel super bad for them. Getting back stab off from 12 yards away is so facepalm i almost type /sorry to them and run off.

Hopefully Blizz will get this fixed before Phase 5.

They can fix all the bugs and hunter still gunna be one of the worse pvp classes due to leeway staying in game

FD still broken. losing faith.

2 Likes

I think the queue you have these in is still wrong. Because feign death isn’t dropping the target’s target first. It should be:

• Enemy queues attack against you
  • Cast feign death
  • Drop target
  • Drop combat

The way you have it set up right now the target isn’t lost once feign death is cast so the hunter isn’t dropping combat because the attack is still queued and lands before combat is dropped.

The target used to have to re select the hunter when feign death was cast, right now their queued autos are still sticking even though the target should be being dropped due to the position in queue.

3 Likes

I wonder how many other classes have their spells and abilities with completely wrong queuing?

Not sure but it wouldn’t surprise me if there were more. This one only seems obvious to the hunter crowd since it’s such a huge issue. And the recent set of “fixes” did nothing because it’s still in the wrong queue position lol.

It’s funny too because fd’s first action should be to drop the target I’m not sure where they got the leave combat going first from. If you leave combat first without dropping a target the target is going to put you back in combat instantly

3 Likes

Very true on the pet causing combat bugs. I’ve noticed as well that if the pet is attacked but you drop combat you will still be in combat even if the pet is not attacking and you are not the target of abilities.

Disengage was only a threat reduction skill used in melee in classic. It did not make your character jump back until wotlk was introduced

It was a way to exit combat. It is supposed to make the hostile select another target (i.e. your pet). But if the mob is still coming for you, it may be trapped.

NOT a substitute for FD, which still needs to be fixed.

But a survival tool when all else fails.

I agree but in a pvp situation disengage does not do anything. So disengage is useless in a large portion of the game and why this fd bug is such a large issue