Feign Death + Trap Bug

This is definitely not fixed. Please take another look, it takes several gcd’s to drop combat now after feign death is cast.

2 Likes

Ah OK, good to know thanks

Update from my perspective - I certainly seem to be getting traps off more consistently (feign isn’t breaking randomly as often - although this is still with hand off the mouse to prevent any rotation) - however, there is still about ~1 second delay before we are out of combat and can lay a trap.

This seems to be a very similar problem to rogues and vanish taking 1-2 seconds to drop combat. Its going to be very gamebreaking for both classes in PvP. There are a ton of vanilla videos showing hunters dropping traps in the first few frames of their feign animation… basically no delay at all.

2 Likes

I’ve been manually FD then trap, unaware that a “fix” happened. Is it possible to run a macro now or is it still more reliable to manually trap? I pretty much sit in FD and wait for trap button to light up. Not sure how well that works against anything but a mob.

It doesn’t.

1 Like

Against NPC’s FD is operating better. It’s still not perfect with character turning just auto-cancelling the ability instead of denying activation by saying you don’t meet the requirements. Basically say you can’t do that while moving.

In regards to PvP I’m not entirely sure how the changes have worked.

True. I remember the jump back, feign, trap, bam they are up again in PvP. You see the death animation and before it even finished they had laid a trap and were getting back up.

I’ve fought enough hunters to know that move. Sneaky little devils you all are!

The timing is burned in my mind along with a warrior’s charge, a rogue’s vanish and warlock dom/summon/sac. There’s some things you just never forget. I can see a picture of a rogue vanishing and I’ll hear the sound in my head hahaha.

1 Like

Feign death trap still broken sigh… might unsub

4 Likes

no you won’t

1 Like

I notice FD works reliably in PVE, even though there is a small delay most times. I haven’t had many opportunities to test it in PVP. It may not be instant, but it’s better than it was.

(Doesn’t mean its fixed though)

“Reliably” isn’t the word I would use to describe it, even in PVE.

3 Likes

it still doesnt work properly. would have been alot easier to release the game on 1.12 client tbh

1 Like

for PvE it is working. It does take a GCD till trap triggers which is not helping one bit. But as some have said its better then it use to be.
Granted im not on a PvP realm so I dont have to worry about that in open world but for dungeon trapping its been working for me. Just drag the mob out a bit farther then you need to so you give yourself some space to play with.

1 Like

This is 100% still NOT working. I have tried it 100 different ways, different macros etc. It will “fire” like 1 out of 20 tries. Bottom line, it’s still NOT working. This makes hunter totally not playable on PVP servers.

2 Likes

I have to agree. Had a rogue on me, it takes a lot of discipline to take your hand off the mouse and manually hit FD and then wait to manually hit trap…I tried and failed on this particular time so after I waited for all that to go on and ended up FD on the ground for a few seconds while not dropping a trap it’s pretty much a done deal. Pretty terrible all around.

1 Like

FD still trash. fun stuff

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been said, not going through all 536 replies, but if you set up your macro and tap it twice (with a slight delay), it works. It’ll say spell not ready, but you FD the first time (pet goes on passive per your macro) and drops the trap with the second hit. I understand you shouldn’t have to, but that got it to work for me.

1 Like

You always had to hit it twice. First press breaks combat, second press drops trap.

The issue is that it is supposed to be instant, not on a delay.
Even now with a grey mob attacking me I have to feign death and continue to spam the macro because god only knows when combat will actually drop.

In testing sometimes I don’t even drop combat (not resisted) and people are speculating this has something to do with your pet’s combat status, which again, shouldn’t matter.

A rapid double tap of the key should always drop a trap, but that isn’t the case right now. The spell is behaving inconsistently and not in anyway working as it did in 1.12.

Sorry if you know these things, I think I actually read all 536 replies :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So can you explain then why in a fight, feign death and disengage, just completly fail, yet the mana is gone , i get disengage is an attempted mechanic, but feign death ? 4 mobs are attacking you, you feign, 3 run off but the 4th is still attacking you ? Or the lock up on for say 8 seconds, on auto attack as well as spell casting, and the only way to get it to unlock is change direction or jump ?

That isn’t called Batching, Your Artificial Lag is Broken, and needs fixed. It is severaly interfering with the AIfor pets on locks and hunters. Hell half i have to keep my pet on passive the entire instance, which is no big deal, that is called pet control, but when it decideds to run to the end Boss and start attacking it in SM, and we just got in the door to it ? Thats rediculous. It’s a mob i can’t even target ffs. So how would my pet have that, I have numerous recordings of these situations. it is one of the biggest complaints from everyone, lag is one thing, this is completley different, it is affecting druids, Hunters, and healers to no end.

7 Likes

Disengage seems to be working fine. It’s just a threat reduction like a rogue’s feint or priest’s fade. The tooltip text is a bit misleading because it makes it sound like you should leave combat, but it just stops your auto attack and reduces threat.