Feign Death + Trap Bug

What if I told you that you could edit forum posts?

Research on the bug report forums?

Bro I was born on these forums, molded by them

3 Likes

Then one should have already known to check for bugs before threatning to unsub…

I’ve had a durotan tiger for a while now and it hasn’t vanished and gained loyalty to max as normal, wonder what triggered your pet to do that?

It just may have been early days. Many other hunters reported the same problem. One had camped Humar for 12 hours, tamed then it disappeared at AH. Well fed, apparently happy.

Happily this was a few weeks ago and I have my pet again :smiley: She’s loyalty 4 now YAY

PS this is the same pet I had in vanilla. :smiley:

Seems like a you issue more than theirs. You can play with your friends/family easily.

I’d say its better but not 100%

That’s all I wanted, some clarification that it’s being looked at.

Thank you for the peace of mind.

1 Like

This video from 2006 shows feign death trap working properly, dropping combat immediately and trap going off instantly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGli2EPbK-A&feature=youtu.be&t=41

5 Likes

Wonder when we’ll ever hear from them again.

1 Like

Can we all agree at this point that spell batching at 200 ms is stupid and needs to be lowered? Not even counting fd/trap, it just makes pets so clunky and unresponsive.

I should not be looking back whistfully at when I played hunter on a private server, because a bunch of #nochange Homers thought it would be a good idea to add artificial, random lag into the game for no reason.

Edit: and the no changes excuse isnt even valid, either. We have 1.12 talents from the get go, items like rhok delar that werent in until much later, LAYERING, right click report, loot trading, mouse over macros, and a ton of other changes. But we cant change spell batching? Makes zero sense to me

8 Likes

I am not a fan of batching, myself. It’s not needed and adds another element of RNG. You could play your class to ceiling and get unlucky in a batch even though everything else went your way. I like my RNG for the gameplay elements, not server based.

I did some testing a while ago to get to the bottom of this, and here is what I found.

1. Your pet attacking the target puts you back in combat
  2. Your pet being attacked does not put you back in combat.
  3. Feigning near the exact moment you’re hit puts you back in combat (this rarely happens).
  4. Feign death seems like it waits for global cd refresh before taking you out of combat.

Whether this is inconsistent with vanilla or not I don’t know, since I didn’t play a hunter in vanilla. What I do know is that a lot of hunters having problems w/ feign+trap aren’t using a macro that has /petfollow [combat] which is causing their pet to put them back in combat before they can trap due to the CD. Try this macro, and I think you’ll find the results very predictable. Been using it since launch without any issue, in both pvp and pve.

#showtooltip freezing trap
/stopattack [combat]
/petfollow [combat]
/cast freezing trap
/cast [combat] feign death

The point is you shouldn’t need a macro to fd trap

4 Likes

Did you finish your class quest and get feed pet? if you are not feeding your pet it will abandon you. This is pretty simple stuff.

We all know to put pet on passive. We have known this for 15 years. We are all doing it. You are not special. You did not discover a “trick” to make it work. It doesn’t work. We all already know that.

Stop thinking you are the only person who knows this and assuming every hunter in the world is too dumb to figure out to put their pet on passive… ffs it was annoying before blue acknowledged it’s broken but AFTER? cmon man. Stop.

Pet passive is not the issue. We all know to put pet on passive. We have known that for 15 years.

5 Likes

Yes, Fourleaf. Some of us have played this game before, in fact, for years. I have mained a hunter since I started fifteen years ago.

The pet UI was bugged and pets were initially not gaining loyalty levels. This was fixed a few weeks back. There were numerous posts about it.

I just made a macro to print out pet happiness in chat, and used that.

The issue wasn’t pet happiness. My pet was not gaining loyalty levels despite spending hours with me. It was a bug. Happily it’s fixed.

i pvp some very good hunter and all i have to say this is really not a issue for them , this is more a LTP to play issue

Yeah we need to just “LTP to play” otherwise every time we pvp we will be RIP in peace

1 Like