Feign Death + Trap Bug

17 days old… No blue response. Wow. Parked the hunter and made a mage. Would prefer to play the hunter but after 17 days of no response… I’m not sure we’ll even get a response to this. Sad times.

3 Likes

I would be very surprised if there was a blue response to this bug this week. I have a feeling I won’t be surprised.

3 Likes

fix this absolute joke

2 Likes

Insane. This is fundamental to hunter play. SMH

4 Likes

still waiting… still bumping

2 Likes

Blue Plz …

3 Likes

Bump for hunters.

3 Likes

Starting to lose hope…

7 Likes

Does the Combat Log show resists for Feign Death? I have a catchall test log displaying everything and I’ve yet to notice a “resisted/fail”. My concern is trying to differentiate between FD resists and FD failures to activate.

I think it’s dumb how FD can go on CD but no action happens. The criteria to activate FD, stationary and off CD, should be all that’s necessary to drop aggro and potentially drop combat.

5 Likes

Well i just got killed by a warrior who was my level, who i could have beat if i could have actually ice trapped him, thanks blizzard

6 Likes

Bump! This needs to be fixed.

5 Likes

I shouldn’t have to use a workaround. Fix the problem!

2 Likes

And the workaround doesn’t “work” half of the time, it’s not a workaround. It doesn’t actually make it fail less often it’s just confirmation bias.

2 Likes

bumpety-bump barba bump

2 Likes

Bump because it’s a bit ridiculous this wasn’t fixed before launch and I’m having major regrets about hunter now

2 Likes

What is the workaround?

1 Like

Stupid things that everyone should already know unless they are braindead. It’s not a workaround but people that think they are smarter than everyone else in the game like to call it a “workaround” and pretend they found a fix that everyone has known for 15 years.

Like putting your pet on passive and using /stopattack in a macro

3 Likes

This is indeed broken. I have used all the different macros posted, and still run into the issue of the cooldown just simply cycling without any notice of failure or resist and no animation of any kind. I am tracking it in my combat log, it is as if the action was never pressed, but I am now on cooldown.

When testing it on mobs, the only way to successfully pull it off is RIGHT as the mobs attack animation is ending. Meaning, they swing, as it hits my pet, I remove my finger from the right mouse button (no camera movement), I stop moving entirely, spam my macro and can FD and lay a trap, though there is definitely a delay in my dropping combat and setting the trap that is not accurate to how this ability worked in the original vanilla experience. If I do not time it right, or the mob’s attack speed is faster than the macros ability to ‘perform’, it will only Feign, and put me back in combat before I can lay the trap.

In PVP situations, I am at about a 95% failure rate, and that is generally due to being attacked by multiple horde at the same time, so there is no window in the spell batching/timing to “drop combat.” I cannot drop combat at all, it just cycles the cooldown, and I am now dead because I don’t have my key ability in “getting away” from the enemy or creating separation.

What if mages nova wasn’t working properly? Would you just say “meh, pretty sure it’s working as intended”, or would you ignore the problem? What if when a mage nova’ed, it only worked 20% of the time? Or what if when the ability was pressed, it just went on cooldown, no frosty animation played at all, no resist in the combat log? Would people still roll mages?

This definitely deserves some blue attention as mentioned above, and I hope that it gets it… because this is truly frustrating.

Edit: before people say “you are lvl 18, how would you know!”, I have a hunter of the same name at 51 on another realm, thought I was posting on him. Apologies.

11 Likes

Blizzard, It’s extremely frustrating to not get a reply on this after nearly 3 weeks. Please let us know if this is being looked at and we can expect a fix. I’ve already put 4 freaking days into my hunter, but if this is never changing I’d like to re-roll NOW instead of continuing to waste my time

NOTES ON THE BUG:
This bug has 2 distinct pieces and here is what I’ve observed on why:

1. Feign Death goes on cooldown, no animation happens, no drop of aggro/combat.
  • This is not a RESIST - resists do happen and can be seen in floating combat text and/or the combat log. This is happening far more often and is not a resist.

• The cause of this seems to be character rotation. If I take my finger off the RIGHT MOUSE button (which causes character rotation with camera) I drastically reduce this issue. HOWEVER - there should be SOME leeway in your character rotation. Yes, if spinning the character around Feign should fail, but we should be able to rotate something like 30-60 degrees while using the ability. This is how it worked in VANILLA. This 0 rotation tolerance makes it extremely clunky and finicky to use.

1. Feign Death does not drop combat immediately (or ever)
  • When Feign actually goes off (see bug 1), it often does not drop combat for ~2 seconds, meaning we cannot trap for 2 seconds. Often, we are put back in combat before we can ever trap.

• This may be caused by spell batching, 200ms “delay”, and/or server-client authority changes. Regardless, a workaround NEEDS to be added to allow Feign death to IMMEDIATELY drop combat, regardless of these mechanics! Anything else is GAME BREAKING, especially in PvP.

• This could also be due to combat interactions with our Pet. However, I have tried about a dozen different macros that all include pet passive/follow etc, and still have issues. I have also seen multiple reports of these bugs still happening when pets are dismissed.

BLIZZARD - GIVE US A RESPONSE SO THAT WE CAN ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Enough is enough. You’re going to start losing subscriptions over this, if you haven’t already. At the very least, we could re-roll if we know this can’t be fixed.

11 Likes

There isn’t a workaround to the 2 second lag. If you take your finger off right mouse button to prevent any character movement, you have a better chance of Feign going off, but good luck getting out of combat in time to actually trap someone.

2 Likes