Feedback - Stress Test

I was on Realm 14. Felt like I could progress, although Kobold Vermin took time. I was able to grind other kobold while waiting.

On Realm 3, it’s pretty much impossible to level normally. I’m assuming it’s being tested, since the other realms were shut down, but still, there are people just standing around waiting to tag mobs.

Maybe the best solution is to make spawns happen a whole lot quicker for launch?

It’s fun to be back in good ol’ Azeroth!

Server 5 was perfectly fine, I had competition, but not too much then it was shut down. Both Server 4 and Server 15 are ridiculous, hundreds of players running around, 30 minutes later and still on the first quest in a 5 player party. It’s impossible to get anything done.

1 Like

It does not make sense to over crowd the areas to such a point that people just stop playing. This is what they were supposed to be doing today, testing various population densities.

10 Likes

Realm 4 was very pleasant. It was a bit competitive but I was getting a nice pacing going and enjoying the amount of people I saw. After the server shutdown when there were only two servers left it was totally unplayable. Too crowded to even get the most simple of quests and objectives done.

3 Likes

PvP only now. Watching over 50 people standing around, waiting on respawns so we can get quest mobs. Feels very SLOW and LAME, unable to quest, with no mobs anywhere in site to be found. So mostly, folks are just standing still, claiming a spot in hope being able to tag a mob. 1/7 mobs completed, after 25 mins of running around trying to get a tag in. Yes, grouping up helps beat the numbers, but with everyone claiming a spot to tag a mob, boring.

6 Likes

Now that we’re consolidated to just two servers, I feel like it’s far too crowded. I’ve played for around 30 minutes now, and I haven’t gotten a single piece of Tough Wolf Meat in the Human starter zone, or killed more than 2 Kobold Vermin.

I do think that, at some point, the sharding has to come to an end, but at launch I feel like it needs to be more aggressive. People literally can’t do the starting quests and are resorting to grinding overleveled mobs.

7 Likes

Realm 15, I’ve killed 4 things in 25 minutes. It is crowded and a real struggle.

1 Like

Realm 12!

Like the previous stress tests, I quickly made my gnome and I set off to kill the wolves for their meat!

I thought I had a head start this time because there were only a few people there. I really didn’t even have to move much. Things seemed to be respawning at a rapid rate. I could kill one or two before I would have to move. Someone would tag one and I would keep going. I’d have to wait a moment but another wolf would come up. Oh wait, the ones I killed have respawned already. Obviously I had to wait a little but considering this is the first quest… in the first area… it should be a little more busy. I knocked off my 8 wolf meat in a few minutes and I went back to the turn in the quest. It was still pretty quiet. (This quest took 10 minutes on the stress test - was able to keep track via demon armor buff).

I accepted the trog quest and off I went. There were only two other people killing trogs. We could just leap frog one another. I completed that quest as fast as I could kill them. Surprisingly there were still wolves to kill on my way back to the quest turn in.

We’re twenty minutes into it and it is still really quiet. I have logged in and out a few times now but it doesn’t seem to change much. There are ten people on my screen in the initial hub/character spawn area (literally counted them). There aren’t endless gnomes and dwarves logging in or running around. I expected there to be less people this time around but we’re definitely on the other side of the spectrum. There are people running around but it sort of feels…lonely?

I can’t believe I have this feeling already.

1 Like

Realm 3. It was crowded as all hell, and that’s a good thing.

• It was hard to complete quests, even with my one friend playing with me. This was fine, because, as some of us had to explain to multiple players NUMEROUS TIMES:
  • You can just. Kill other NPCs. Of which there are hundreds. And that’s how you play Classic. There were always mobs to kill. Quest mobs were just flooded only because players are obsessively laser-focused with quests, which they shouldn’t be. The server condition was :ok_hand:

Also the sheath/unsheath sound seems to be missing. I don’t know if that’s a new bug but it was not there.

6 Likes

I logged in when it was down to 2 servers. I went with server 15. Performance was fine (no lag or anything like that). As melee it was impossible to get mob tags. It would take hours to complete the first quest. Either need less people or faster respawns in the starting zone.

2 Likes

Server 3. Ran around the entire Tauren starting area for 5 minutes. Was able to kill one plainstrider. I didn’t see tons of players, just tons of dead mobs. One player would pop up here and there.

Game load time felt longer than it has on the beta.

Edit: Logged back in. Server 3 and felt like a diff server. Plenty of mobs and players. Weird :slight_smile:

Classic Realm 15
Time: 15:00 to 15:20 PST.
Initial zone feels too crowded. Picked up a couple of quests but all mobs dead. Too many people in zone. I had started on Classic Realm 13 and that one was great until it was shut down.

3 Likes

I logged on right at 2:00 and joined the RP server.

• The population density was perfect. There were around 5-10 other people in the starter zone, which made it feel inhabited but not overly so. I was able to join up with others to kill boars and imps in the Orc starting zone, and finished the scorpion quest by myself easily.

• When I was forced to move to the PVP server (can’t remember the number…5 maybe?), the server felt terrible. There were well over 50 people sitting around attempting to kill pigs. Nothing was alive. No one was moving. Groups were starting up, but these groups reminded me very much of the way people grouped to complete dailies during Legion, which is to say 100% anti-social grouping.

Are you bringing the RP / PVE / etc servers back online? I’d really like to go back to my RP server and enjoy the next 45 hours without having to compete with a hundred players for pig spawns.

8 Likes

Realm 2, dwarf/gnome starting area. Maybe 8-10 people, not enough wolves to finish the first quest. Took 17 minutes to get 8 wolf meat.

1 Like

I started on 16. It was super empty.

Then Omar kicked me off, and I moved to 3.

It was not empty, but not enough that I had to group up

1 Like

Note: I am playing solo. Realm 3 was very crowded when I joined. Could only advance to level 2 by grinding mobs. Slowly Realm 3 began to thin out and was able to compete Draven Outfitters. Seems like the crowd is mainly ahead of me now which is just fine. If this was release day, I expect more players would be entering my layer, but being beta, not so bad.

Realm 15, 6:20 PM EST
Was it too crowded, even for a launch day experience?

• Too crowded, every spawn had a lot of people waiting to tag a single mob.
    Did it feel too empty or too crowded after you moved to the second zone?
    -Didn’t make it yet
2 Likes

started on 14 with 10+ guildies
undead warlock, got to level 5 in 22 minutes. there were people but not overwhelming. then you shut down the realms x.x now at realm 3 is super crowded but no real lag for me.

for launch I would like the mobs in starter zone to spawn frequently on launch night.

1 Like

Realm 15 - after many of the other ones were shut down:

Very crowded in the startup area. Quite difficult to tag a mob. I rather liked it though. I ventured out to Brill to see what was what there. I don’t mind having to wait for things to thin out before I can get the initial quests done. I am in no hurry.

1 Like

I re rolled on 15 PVP and it’s highly populated lots of people in starter area. Respawns can’t keep up but that’s okay people are figuring out they need to group to get the quests done. that seems to be working.

I’m just on my level 1 priest throwing out heals to anyone that can use them and not too worried about leveling. Seems smooth at this point.