Feedback - Stress Test

I was on Server 15 at launch time 2pm PDT.
I played a Human Warrior. Things were ok at first. Mobs weren’t that scarce (but i assume that’s because not everyone was on yet). It was decently packed but not what i would have imagined if im being honest. By the time i got to Elwynn Forest, that’s when server overload happened and i was disconnected.

I didn’t physically see too many people in Elwynn Forest but based off the disconnect i would have to assume the server was overloaded.

During my short window of play time, i realized Defias mobs in Northshire seem to have a small aggro range. Maybe that is intended but to my memory that seemed off. I was level 2 and next to level 4 Defias which didnt aggro till i almost nearly whacked them with my sword. Probably within 5 feet of them.

In addition, Boars in Elwynn Forest seem to be slower than i recall. I was able to back peddle and stay out of range of their attacks with minimal effort. Every now and then they would pick up pace but for the most part i could stay just out of range for more than 50% of the fight encounter which allowed me to come back in only to swing my sword and take less damage overall.

I wish i could give more feedback, i would love to really get into the Beta and test things out more since i been subbed since Vanilla and can’t wait for Classic, but i can only do so much with such short limited play time.

Logged into Server 15 about 7:45pm EST, Dun Morough starting zone is crazy busy. Can’t tag a thing. :slight_smile:

The RP server seemed very well balanced population-wise in Mulgore. I was able to get to level 4 and was just headed over to kill quillboar when the excess servers went down.

On Realm 3, I was only able to finish about 4 quests in Valley of Trials, due to the low respawn rates. Even in a group, the mob kill quests were extremely hard to finish. I think I made it to level 3?

There wasn’t much lag at all at first, but after about an hour, I was unable to cast spells or sell items. There wasn’t any chat lag. I had to force-quit the game, because logging out and /camp would not work. I stooped for supper and haven’t tried logging back in yet to see how things are now.

Will you enable that F6 bug report feature after the initial three hours please? It was more convenient that opening help and submitting a bug that way.

Realm 3, Tauren.

1. Was a bit crowded but that was expected. I just grinded out a few random animals until I gained a couple of levels to pick up more quests to spread out the death and destruction that was required to enact on the local wildlife. No complaints here.

2. Didn’t feel too empty once I moved because I didn’t get far. My character dying caused a total system crash on my computer (??). And besides, it’s Mulgore. The only traffic jams you’ll ever see in Mulgore are 2 plainstriders behind a kodo.

1 Like

I only saw one player mysteriously disappear after I left a group. Other than a large number of players competing for the same few mobs (typical old school) I saw nothing to whine about.

I wouldn’t say it was too crowded, didnt have much lag the only issue was the starter zone mobs were not spawning fast enough for the number of people attempting to tag them for the quests. I logged in right when the stress test started at 1400 PDT.

Then the server was shutdown and we were forced to move to another test server (only 2 were available now instead of 15) and the LAG was unbelievable. It took several minutes to loot a mob or sell at the NPC and if it can be believed the mob spawn time seemed to slow way down. I played for an hour but sitting around waiting to loot is just too much.

I may try again later but only if more servers are opened up, I hope you get the numbers you are looking for but expecting thousands of people to sit around waiting to loot a mob all night is just going to really turn people off to the whole classic wow scenario.

I would have thought by now you guys would have caught on to increasing spawn rates when you know you are going to have huge mobs of players all at once. Just kinda seems like common sense to me. After 15 years of playing and over 8 launches I would expect you could figure that simple idea out.

1 Like

Logged in to Realm 15 at approximately 6:40 CST, had no issues through getting into the server or with character creation. Rolled a Tauren and played for about twenty minutes, but the sheer number of people made any kind of progress impossible. There were upwards of 30-40 people in the starting quest hub alone and I could generally see 10-15 with a 360 camera sweep at any given point in the area with view distance set to max. Mobs were tagged almost instantly after spawning and since many of the early quests for Tauren involve collecting items, grouping was counter-productive.

However, I encountered no stability issues and no lag whatsoever.

Having a great time with the WoW Classic stress test. Realm 3 (PvP)

1. Valley of Trials leveling went pretty smoothly except for a minor Disconnect, which benefited our group on re-login which allowed us to tag a lot of scorpions. The amount of players was good. I almost felt like it was to much but it felt right.

2. Echo Isles The amount of players around was perfect. Was able to see people making it feel lively and a bit of competition for tagging mobs. During my groups questing on the Echo Isles we ran into some issues with Loot Lag for 10-30 sec. We also hit what i believe was layering issues on the Echo Isles in regards to mob spawning right on top of us even though we just killed the mobs. Also on the echo isles other players in my group seem to teleport to my mobs location on my screen.

Half way though level 8 and really having a blast. Keep up the good work Blizzard.

The respawn rates are painful. The groups of groups circling the named quest mobs makes it difficult to get a kill in, if not impossible.
I’ve disco’d at least 5 times in 3 hours.
Gosh darn I’ve missed this!

1 Like

Completely unenjoyable on Realm15 with so many people in starting area. Even when grouped, takes ridiculous amount time to spot a spawned in Boar or Scorpid, let alone be lucky enough to get in the first shot.

2 Likes

I’m still working on the scorpids! The named one is impossible because of the 2 or 3 groups that are have formed a tight circle around it’s spawn point.

Gave up after level 4. Too many people, not enough spawns.

Server #15.

You have more patience than me, I gave up half way thru level 2 :slight_smile:

Started on realm 14 and then a shut down happend then i started on realm 3. Once me and a buddy started playing we could not tag enough enemies to be able to complete quests, felt very crowded. Then a ton of lag spikes happened for about 45 mines and seemed that either all the people were out of the area that finally finished quests or the layering kicked in.

1 Like

On my first server, it was crowded, but not to the point where i had to wait for 45 minutes to complete a quest because everything was being killed into mass extinction. Got to the point (when i was forced onto one of the two PVP servers) that i just sat in one spot in the troll cave where a troll would spawn, and have to spam an attack button to make sure i hit it first…

This continued out into the second zone…

Layering was not good. I would swing wildly between high pop layer and lower pop… I would see a mob, and by the time i targeted it (tab target btw) it would fade as i moved layers, or it would be tagged by someone who just phased in…

Maybe have the mob spawns scale with the layers? that way there are a bit more mobs? Not saying you need to increase the spawn rate over all, but have it adjust with the phasing? I dunno…

2 Likes

Gave up after it was reduced to 2 servers. Just having the 2, it was too overcrowded, couldn’t tag a mob…after about 15 mins even in a group just trying to get vermin and wolves, couldn’t tag but a few so just gave up and logged out. The only good thing was I had no lag at all.

1 Like

On realm 15 around 8:18pm est and the human starting zone is extremely brutal. Don’t think it would be bad if the other servers were opened. Just too many people for only 2 severs.

Realm 13
Launch to server shut down at approx. 30 mins

Initially this went really well. There were certainly people, but I managed to get ahead of the rush so I had easy pickings. It felt like there were about 100 people spread out through the initial UD area. A friend on Disc said they ended up fighting over some of the level 1 quest mobs, but nothing unreasonable. They were killing plenty of stuff, they just couldn’t get the right quest mobs at times, which is very classic from what I remember.

Level: I made it to half way through level 4 in 30 minutes.

Realm 3
30mins-3 hours after server launch

Server 3 was extremely crowded. Probably 200 people standing around at the char spawn area in the orc/troll area. Mobs absolutely on lock down. Quite a few groups of 5 level 1’s ended up leaving the starting area to kill boars and scorpids.

Level: I ended up making it to level 6 after 2 hours and 30 minutes, grinding the whole time, constantly moving around to find spots that weren’t taken, as many other people left the newbie zone and opted to grind mobs instead of slog through the starter area quests.

1 Like

I started roughly an hour into the test, after the realm closures and rolled on Realm 3. Made an Undead Mage and got into it. Deathknell is incredibly overcrowded. Took me 23 minutes to complete the first quest for 8 of each zombies and another 5 to simply hand in due to massive lag with NPC’s. As I type this I am waiting for a vendor to process my selling of trash. Looting mobs take 30 seconds each enemy and there are constant lag spikes for a minute or 2 at a time.

This is unpleasant, but technically playable for a launch day. Hell considering BfA lagged like this for Oceanic players for like a month after launch it’s probably better than Blizz is hoping for Classic.

(Half an hour later)

I’m now past Rattlecage Skeletons which seems to be the next big roadblock in Deathknell after the first Zombie quest. Spiders and Scavenging went smoothly and I got a tag on Samuel Fipps with no competition but the server went down before I could kill him.

(Another half hour later)

I’m finished Deathknell! Scarlet quests were easy to get tags for even with probably 10-15 other people doing them. Brill so far has been completely open and very easy to quest in.