Shamans are not allowed development while the main characters are still being worked on, as is tradition. Everyone will get nothing, nerfed the last minute, and be happy about it, as is tradition.

13 Likes

My guesstimation is that someone was working for the next iteration then the release date pushed people to focus on raid/m+/delves/prof etc. work. Cause we were also getting some NYI talents to start working and there was communication. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Probably that was the time when they all got the notification to focus on something else.

note: these are all my speculations and I have no connection to anyone.

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this for so many years that i’m exhausted. It’ll literally be the range version of windfury.

2 Likes

we just arent getting anything really big this beta, just how it is at this point. if we were, they would have told us like they did with hunter a few weeks ago.

4 Likes

So your speculation is that there will be 0 changes for any other spec going forward?

Because I highly doubt that.

It’s beyond intentional that there’s no changes for ele shamans. The biggest concern now is they have actually NO IDEA where to go or what identity to give them for the entire span of the beta lifecycle or even all of DF. That’s astronomically bad that not one change has been through the pipe and trickled down to us. Even micro changes or just insight on what’s cooking would be nice to see. Having anything to look at would help us shape feedback. with BARELY over 2 months to go until launch with a prepatch hitting potentially next month, that is not nearly enough time to push and iterate on feedback. BLIZZARD. IS. LOST. Ele needs HELP. I am worried.

5 Likes

Not until the major systems are done, no. Just like in SL and DF beta.

2 Likes

That is an interesting opinion to have, with absolutely nothing to back it up.

But you do you.

1 Like

The time to be patient passed the second they told us the expansion is coming out in August.

5 Likes

Some shaman changes from data mining popped on wowhead, nothing crazy, but hopefully it’s just the start with more to come, I haven’t had a chance to compare it against beta as it stands currently

2 Likes

I’m going to start blaming Thrall. He lost his connection to the elements. Until he gets it back the devs can’t help us.

8 Likes

Please give my Shaman friends something.

Like, even telling y’all “sorry, we think Shaman is fine as is” would be better than the absolute radio silence y’all have been receiving for the past couple months.

19 Likes

i hope you’re not talking about healing tide changes from weeks ago.

1 Like

I can’t link it sadly but it’s something about tempest with enhancement changes and some elemental stuff, not huge at all though,

Enhancement:
Gain the effects of the Lightning Rod talent:
Lightning Rod
[Tempest: Tempest][ Elemental: Earth Shock, Elemental Blast, and Earthquake / Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, and Chain Lightning] make your target a Lightning Rod for 8 sec. Lightning Rods take 20% of all damage you deal with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning.

IElemental:
Lightning Rod targets now also take 20% of the damage that Tempest deals, and Tempest also the applies Lightning Rod effect.

Name changed from Conductive Energy (NYI) to Conductive Energy
Procs flags changes: NEW Deal Harmful Ability, NEW Deal Harmful Spell

Rolling Thunder

Elemental:
Gain one stack of Stormkeeper every 50 sec

Totemic Coordination

[ Enhancement: Increases the critical strike chance of your Searing Totem’s attacks by 15%, and its critical strike damage by 30% /
Restoration
Chain Heals from your totems are 25% more effective]

Restoration:
Elemental motes orbit around your Surging Totem. Your abilities consume the motes for enhanced effects.
Water: Your next Healing Wave or Healing Surge also heals an ally inside of your Healing Rain at100% effectiveness.at 100% effectiveness.
Air: [ Enhancement: Your next Stormstrike or Windstrike deals 25% increased damage and damages 1 nearby enemy at 75% effectiveness /
Elemental, Restoration
The cast time of your next healing spell is reduced by 40%]
Earth: [ Enhancement: Casting Sundering or Elemental Blast refunds 12 seconds from its cooldown /
Elemental, Restoration
Your next Chain Heal applies Earthliving at 150% effectiveness to all targets hit]

Mana spring changes

Restoration:
Your Lava Burst and Riptide casts restore 1502625 mana to you and 4 allies nearest to you within 40 yards.
Allies can only benefit from one Shaman’s Mana Spring effect at a time, prioritizing healers.
Elemental:
Your Lava Burst casts restore 1001750 mana to you and 4 allies nearest to you within 40 yards.
Allies can only benefit from one Shaman’s Mana Spring effect at a time, prioritizing healers.
Initial:
Your Lava Burst casts restore 1502625 mana to you and 4 allies nearest to you within 40 yards.
Enhancement:
Your Lava BurstStormstrike casts restore 1502625 mana to you and 4 allies nearest to you within 40 yards.

Hard to tell cause data mining is weird formatting but they’re mentioned which is something at least

So the talent went from not yet implemented, to implemented. And guess what. Tempest is still so bad for Elemental that you dont use it

Its a dps loss to use Tempest as an ele shaman. You put a /cancelaura macro on your lightning bolts.

Tool tip change.

Just reflecting much larger mana pools

None of that is “something at least”.

6 Likes

incredible, they give you a smidge more mana for resto, and implemented an intended feature of gaining an existing talent, after the entirety of alpha and 2 weeks into the beta.

2 Likes

I appreciate the breakdown, I wasn’t able to look into it much, it’s very little to say the least, but since our class has been absent from notes most weeks, I thought it worth a passing mention at the very least lol

And trust me, elemental has been my main focus all beta, I painfully know how bad Tempest is, the fact it still doesn’t interact with mastery or any of our lightning bolt talents and the only thing it looks like it might interact with is lightning rod which has been pretty mid since the value is so low doesn’t inspire confidence lol

2 Likes

It’s really unbelievable how not even a blue post saying ‘we will not have any changes for the shamans’ is made.

7 Likes

Currently tempest is so bad for ele it is better to cancel aura macro it so you can cast lightning bolt instead. This is an identity crisis, because obviously there’s things that might still be NYI that augment playstyles. This issue now is in 64 days TWW prelaunches. Probably within 21-40 days the prepatch with completed class changes barring just tuning which will be on going until probably the day of launch. in 3-6 weeks, shaman needs:
Changes implemented
Feedback given
Changes reworked
Feedback given
Tuning + small changes
Final tuning pass
Launch Day

THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME. Given how every other class has gone. Changes for example for mages/warlocks has been ongoing for months now and they’re still doing it which is HOW IT SHOULD BE.

8 Likes

i think it would be super sick if tempest granted 3x charges of ‘Stormkeeper’ instead of a choice node between 3x free lightning bolts or chain lightnings. well, i guess all we can do is wait… and wait… and wait…

3 Likes