M+ not dropping azerite gear is a big problem. And it becomes even bigger problem now in season 2 because of new traits ring that will lock you to single spec for many months. Make it so completing +10 can drop 400 ilvl in end of dungeon chest and +15 drop 415 ilvl.

2 Likes

its sanguine week and im in moutherload… why is the mastermind a uninteruptable, un gripable, not able to typhone or use shammy push ranged unit… does bliz really expect us to waste 40 secs while we wait for sanguine to disappear to kill it?

2 Likes

Yea you can kind of move him by staying close to him and taking small steps or by running way the hell away, but pretty toxic enemy.

2 Likes

I believe they’re more referring to and something I agree with keys usually on the range of 13 or lower. Or back in legion you could say 16 or lower. I personally do not understand why people with high xp and in this case high IO population pugging but bring their higher and often ridiculous standards with them.

Either way the problem could be circumvented if Blizzard implemented a thorough and very careful system which addressed all these potentials but it will never happen.

1 Like

This is one of the best suggestions I’ve seen for improving the state of M+. A talent tree just for M+/5 man dungeons would do miracles for improving the viability of all specs without messing with existing tuning or balancing in other areas. I don’t know a thing about PVP but outside of M+ I happen to think the balancing is very well done. Even in M+ I think the tuning of dps is nice, except for a couple of specs that just don’t have much in the way of aoe/cleave.

3 Likes

Very true Dzdz. I was in a +10 motherlode pug last week and when we got to the last boss, the tank said “Everyone know the fight? Remember to stand by the rockets during phase 2.” Then one of the dps said, “Just go dude you’re wasting time. Why are you explaining tactics in a +10?”

From my casual experience pugging m+, people expect you to know the dungeons without any explanation once you get into +10’s and higher. Everyone running anything above a 10 is doing so for their io score/personal achievement. Explaining fights, especially without voice com, is a huge waste of time.

4 Likes

Absolutely.

And if there is going to be some learning curve for the group doing an above 10 key, that is something that should (and to be fair, usually is) specified in the description in LFG. it’s rare that someone sneaks into a higher group without knowing anything, and that is almost always because of tools like raider io.

the only time there is ever problems is when people aren’t clear about if they are new or not. it’s assumed that if you are applying to keys higher than 10, you know the dungeons. and i don’t think that’s an unfair expectation.

i do, however, think it’s unfair to put the burden on people who spent their own time learning the dungeons to be a tour guide to anonymous people from the LFG tool who they will probably never group with again.

if it were an organized group of friends or an organized group that plans on running together, totally different story. but anonymous groups put together through LFG? completely unfair expectation, and tools like raider . io prevent that from happening which is a better experience for everyone.

4 Likes

Except the adds that do 90% hp

^ This! People are all the time moving around trying to get out of the 5 “fires” and tanks trying to pull mobs out of the 5 “healing fires” and run into other packs. The Motherlode is more open and even it gets ridiculous sometimes.

Please rebuff all the dungeon nerfs to make it actually difficult again.

Please understand blizzard that people will not stop complaining about Mythic + until it has been nerfed into the ground so hard that ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE, can complete a +10. Just stick to your design path and let us that actually enjoy your content continue to enjoy it.

Just push your +20 or +30 if +10 is too easy for you.
BFA M+ is very overtuned for rewards it gives. Hell to get into +10 you expected to have 380+ ilvl, to only get rewarded with 370 garbage…

+10 should be doable in time by uncoordinated PuG group with around 360 ilvl easily. What’s that Blizzard should aim for.

3 Likes

So blizz again as I said. People will not stop complaining until content is nerfed so hard that absolutely anyone can complete a +10. Is that really what you want?

Mythic plus is still too overtuned we need to go back to legion style mythic plus much better.

4 Likes

Dude you have like a 1k score as a meta class. Go feral and run a +15 and tell me M+ isn’t difficult.

3 Likes

Good to know that there better uses of raiderio than declining players solely based on meaningless number.

It’s not a meaningless number. I can tell you exactly what it means. A 1k score means that you’ve, on average, completed a +10 in every dungeon on time. Coupled with looking at how many total dungeons you’ve completed in time, as well as looking through your general experience and success rate in the specific dungeon I’m putting a group together for, this gives me an enormous amount of information about you and your fit for the key I’m trying to run.

If I’m putting together a +10, it means you’ll probably do very well, assuming I need your particular spec. If I’m doing a 15, it means it would be well above what you’ve managed to accomplish so far. Maybe you’re capable, but past experience suggests probably not. Short of knowing you personally, which is just not feasible for 99% of the playerbase, it’s the best way out there.

If you know a better way to find players capable of timing keys, I am all ears. Anything that would improve my success rates will always be adopted.

3 Likes

in your wildest imagination you could not come up with a better way to put together groups with nothing but strangers. literally nothing imaginable.
what, item level? freaking prior expansion achievos? mythic raid progression, past or present? give me a break. i would rather take an autistic person with a measly 1kio than an 8/8mythic raider with a 390 item level and no io ANY DAY.

you need to start timing them a little closer to where there is some difficulty before you start interjecting your baseless opinion about difficulty.

2 Likes

I think the biggest offender to mythic + right now is the poor class balance. There’s nothing more disheartening than being declined for a simple +10 even though you have 1k+ io and then when you whisper to ask why, Being told sorry we need “insert FOTM class here”. You can see it so much more often than in legion how everyone wants only blood dk, or rogues or mages.

Next is the lopsided difficulty between fortified and tyrannical. It is not fun watching the tanks health pingpong from sub 10% health to full, constantly throughout the whole dungeon when its fortified week. It’s just really stressful how you cant relax at all or the tank just flops. This leads to burnout pretty quickly. Tyrannical is much more balanced this expac

Lastly, UP THE REWARDS. For god’s sake 200 AP for a 30-35 minute run is insulting

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
-First boss of Temple is overturned, incredible nearly unhealable AOE damage going out. Huge pug killer, needs nerf
-Shrine last boss needs health nerf
-No one likes grievous or explosives

Also who ever coordinated this week’s affixes (bolstering/explosive/tyran) needs their heads checked

7 Likes

Wasn’t aware guardian Druid is Meta haha.

My outlook is from 2-12 not 15+ difficulty. 2-9 at the moment are generally very easy yet people still want additional nerfs. Just leave it all alone and let people learn how to improve.

If anything give me a reason to keep pushing beyond +10 (not the feat of strength either)

I didn’t give you a detailed look, site said you were balance at the time and I looked at your overall score, my bad. Your best runs are as balance though.

The point remains that there is no reason to rebuff lower keys when you can simply run a higher key if you find them to easy. And in fact, they are buffing all keys as part of the new season, 30% to every difficultly level. There’s plenty of motivation to run higher keys if you’re capable. Running a 15 over a 10 each week nets you enough extra residuum to cut a week off the time needed to save up for a specific piece of azerite gear. Every person who times a 15 gets a piece of loot vs 3 in a 10, which will matter much more shortly when the ilvl caps go up. Plus, you wouldn’t get any extra rewards for completing a 10 of they made them harder, so if challenge is all you’re after, there is no reason not to run a higher key. Literally the whole point of the system.
These nerfs they’ve done may make it feel more trivial at the 10 lvl, but at the 15 level they make mechanics that used to make keys undoable much more realistic for appropriately skilled groups.

1 Like