Feedback - Infinite Timewaster

The Infinite Timereaver is part of the grinds that should be reconsider, the fact that there’s comments on wowhead about players between1k to 3k+ attempts is really massive (around 200 dungeon runs if each dungeon has 5 bosses for 1k of attempts).

Lets remember that the changes behind Love rocket were due to the unfun aspect, I still think the change provided didn’t fix that part since the fight is still unfun.

Maybe Devs should reconsider a boost attempt for the timereaver every day or if you select Tank / Healers on demand, I wish there was a massive bad luck protection like 10k+ timewarped badges.

I know there’s players that’ll defend that’s just another mount but there’s collectors that just want the mount for its own goals, there’s a lot of perspectives in game, I also know that some players will say this is a “Rare” mount because of the low drop % chance but that’s just defending the bad reward design that created the love rocket and the World Bosses mounts like Sha, Nalak…etc

If Devs already fixed two massive grinds, they should reconsider other massive grinds that lead to a bad experience.

8 Likes

I agree! It took me 3000 ish runs :0 and I only saw it drop twice, one time to a random, and one to me!

1 Like

I really do feel bad for the people who badly want this mount and are farming TW dungeons for it. I got it by luck (as usuall, since I am the luckiest WoW player) and I got it a good long while ago.

I do think that they could increase the drop rate for those kinds of mounts. I have been doing TW on alts to level them up, but also hoping to get the two drake mounts from the Cata dungeons. The Stonecore one and uhhh… Vortex Pinnacle? The pretty sky land one.

4 Likes

I already have this mount, I don’t even remember the year, but I created this post for my fellow collectors that are still farming this mount doing a lot of TW runs without results.

1 Like

Sub 1% drop rates shouldn’t exist in all honesty. I’ve been blessed to not have terribly long grinds for some mounts, but it gets tiring and you feel very unmotivated after a while. Players should experience a happy feeling when something drops, which is completely stripped from a player when they have to do trivial content hundreds or thousands of times over. Just had corrupted firehawk drop after who knows how many years and attempts, and the only feeling I had was relief since I don’t have to go through the entire raid anymore

10 Likes

The low drop rate contributes significantly to its rarity, which in turn is largely why it’s sought after. It’s fine how it is. Long term grind goals are healthy in an mmo that has so many other short term goals from season to season and expansion to expansion.

4 Likes

These aren’t healthy, as you can see on the Reward Dev response for the love rocket during 2022, you can check other MMORPGs or in the same WoW, there’s some rare mounts with a bad luck protection like some Shadowlands rares with low drop that if you collect enough anima + offerings you can buy the thing, there’s a line when a drop just cause frustation for a lot of players, mostly hardcore collectors. Its better to have rarity associated to challenge, that a grind that’s really easy like running old content, TW, Love rocket boss , world bosses from 3-4 expansion ago for another chance to the lottery machine.

Your comment is feedback too but promotes a depredatory design against players that care for X/Y item.

6 Likes

And my feedback is just a important as anyone else’s. This is simply how RNG works. Sometimes you win the lottery and sometimes you strike out, but that’s the risk of gambling. Not everything should be a guaranteed acquisition, even if it’s just RNG and not challenge related.

3 Likes

This doesn’t seem unacceptable.

3 Likes

True and I appreciate your comment because it provides more visibility to my thread

True and we already saw changes to 2 awful grinds in the last year, World bosses mounts which I acquired all before those changes , I even did 8k attempts for the sha mount, it’s just a massive waste of time for the player due to the respawns and the drop, it doesn’t provide good gameplay and the love rocket that it was fixed a little bit.

3 Likes

I’d like it to be listed for a Timewarped Badge price. Doesn’t have to be cheap, but I’d like to have a goal to work towards. I think it’s a healthier approach that feels more rewarding. I like having goals and a “maybe next boss, may be in a thousand dungeons” approach to anything cosmetic in this game doesn’t feel good imo.

5 Likes

These only remotely get a pass because of the evoker exploit that gave out tons of free ultra rare mounts. But I would have sooner seen the mounts withdrawn from exploiters than covert them to an uncommon thing to see.

And it’s not supposed to, it’s farming content. It’s for hobbyists who enjoy the process of mount farming. If you want good game play, push for CE and season mounts.

2 Likes

I think across all my characters it probably took around 8k until I got it.
Oh and in all that I actually never seen it drop to anyone in the groups I was and I have not seen it drop after I got it too.
At that point I didn’t even want the mount anymore, I just wanted to be free of time waking.
Same with invincible, I think I am well over 500 tries. I don’t even care about it anymore, I just want to not have a reason to set foot on ICC again.

2 Likes

Exactly, that’s why this kind of feedback is important, maybe there’s more numbers after 6 weeks of TW for the community, a lot of farms shouldn’t reach that line when it just became a frustating experience for some players. There’s a lot of type of players as mentioned by Ion in multiple interviews, so I hope there’s changes for this mount and other mounts because that’ll mean a better design in the future avoiding this kind of practice, so far DF has a better design, there’s just 1 mount that I consider an annoying grind.

1 Like

Theres an unhealthy drop % that you will never see in your life, no its not ok. Everything should be 1% minimum always, not an unrealistic dream not within your lifetime.

1 Like

Considering VP is in the season 2 dungeon pool I hope you learn it’s name.

Indeed. I wish I could post the pepehammer emoji on GD because that’s what I think about this post. As soon as this mount becomes common everything cool about it bleeds away. You think you do but you don’t. Unfortunately mount farmers are one of the lowest mental brackets so it’s not even worth trying to convince them. Just take a passion by shot and then move past.

I’m always upset that I missed doing timewalking as soon as it came out and they turbo nerfed the drop rate by the time I was online.

Sounds romantic :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Phone auto correct. :man_shrugging:

1 Like