Feedback - Infinite Timewaster

Should have been the Cataclysm TW vendor mount.

2 Likes

Then you have people like me who got it in under 50 tries. I really think they should add bad luck protection so that everyone can get the rare drop with enough effort. It should still take a while to get, but having a goal to work towards would make the whole process feel better when luck isn’t on our side.

2 Likes

1> Except it wasn’t just that it was “unfun.” It was that because it is linked to a holiday, you have a very, very limited window in which you can farm it. While it’s true Timewalking is also a limited event, we have much, Much, MUCH more Timewalking events than we do “Love is in the Air.” It’s not a great analogy.

2> Keep this discussion simple: nothing should have a drop rate lower than 1%. It doesn’t add anything to the game. In fact, it’s easy to argue how it leads to lazy developers.

3> I’ve long argued we should earn some sort of “token” when farming an item and after earning 100 of these “tokens” you can just buy the item. After 100 attempts, you’ve earned it. This would help counter runs of bad luck.

Standard disclaimer: I’m a top20 sort of collector. I have just about EVERYTHING. I say this, not because I’m jealous or anything like that, but because I realize the exclusivity that comes with sub-1% drop rates doesn’t bring anything good to the game. My standard claim: after 5 years, EVERYTHING should be made available. Exclusive stuff SUCKS.

3 Likes

As usual, you are a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dreary and gloomy world.

:upside_down_face:

:catsmile:

:slight_smile:

It is nothing but a gigantic waste of time.

It is an in game mount, your time is infinitely more important and Blizzard have failed in respecting that.

At the end of D4 closed beta we got asked about Blizzard respecting player time, so it’s certainly a talking point for them.

I also feel that players need to do a better job at controlling their addiction to collecting, it’s taken advantage of by Blizzard and your time is a victim to lack of respect by both you the collector and Blizzard.

Nothing on this planet will put time back in your pocket, be more mindful please my friends.

This is obviously not true because a lot of people already have this specific mount. You… you do realize increasing the drop% isn’t going to have to change you want it to right? Even if it was a 10% chance you could still go years without seeing it.

Picked an arbitrary number there, let me try: 0.3%. Oh wow that was fun.

Let’s just every mount a 100% drop rate and take out the Glory achievements while we’re at it.

Getting a rare mount to drop feels better a (insert O face here).

1 Like

Tbh idc about how “rare a mount is argument” its pixels miss me with that weak argument.
I also dont care for its garbage drop rates I shouldnt have to farm say Ashs of Alar for nearly a decade on 12 toons every week to never see it drop.
At this point old content mount drops should just have a currency earned account bound an be done with it.
As for any of the nay sayers ur opinion much like how ull treat mine(having looked thru this thread) its irrelevant ur wrong have a grand day.

You’re getting dangerously close to pun territory

1 Like

Luck protection needs to be added, its 2023 other games already have it, why not wow. Every time you miss a drop, the chances should increase.

2 Likes

Took me two runs.

Why not boost all mount drop rates tbh.

I got both of the dungeon drakes this weekend, the stonecore one for the second time!! And I’ve had the timereaver forever it seems. Gotta give the RNG dieties a little more love and you’llget them too!! :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir-- in RNGesus name we pray. :pray:

1 Like

Well, you’re right that we’ve a ratio of attempts bigger for TW since you can spam those with a single character compared to 15 days of Holiday multiplied by your number of characters, However; I mentioned the love rocket changes because the core issue was that sometimes you find something that’s mathematically the best option but not a good experience: “Right now, if you want to maximize your chance of getting the mount, it’s in your best interest to repeat this event every day on as many characters as possible. That’s… mathematically correct, but not a great experience.”

Trueee!!, If there’s RNG without a goal (the reward in a vendor as bad luck protection) then the % should be set to a minimum like 1%, however, as someone mentioned before it doesn’t matter if the % is 99% there’s a chance that you can spent years without getting the item because that’s how RNG works but that’ll be an extreme case, most of the 1% drops can be achieved with some effort via Alt armies…etc but it’s still a bad reward design, In my opinion we need bad luck protection like the Legion legendaries % increase or a vendor, so a player will feel that every attempt even if there’s not a reward there’s progress.

Trueee as mentioned in previous comment, bad luck protections should be a thing, Shadowlands had bad luck protections for the mounts from Covenants, that you can farm a specific rare or buy the same item from a vendor for anima + offerings.

Same, I’m mount collector #81 at world level and #47 US as per DataforAzeroth, I mentioned this kind of topics because I know the struggle around collecting and how this should be more accesible for other players.

Amen. :pray:

3 Likes

don’t worry- if y’all cry hard and long enough, blizzard will cave for you as always!

Pretty sure there’s a cognitive block to it dropping. If you desire it, the game will not drop it. If you stop trying, it’ll drop instantly.

They should just raise the drop rate.

2 Likes

I like the idea of being able to save for it. If they want to make it insanely expensive, that’s fine. I would at least feel like I’m actually getting somewhere.

2 Likes

Exactly, it could be 30k timewarped badges but each TW Dungeon, Weekly quest…etc is progress for the mount.

1 Like