The single every 3 Kill Commands is a Flanking Strike change Blizzard made this week is already yeeting people to their death in M+ dungeons, I really don’t think adding even more Flanking Strikes you can’t reliably control is going to be very fun.

Imagine Momentum Havoc Demon Hunter except you have even less control over where and when you go.

Still run into the same problem although less frequently. Makes Aspect of the Hawk a dead ability.

See above.

They either need to completely reiterate Flanking Strike as an ability or just revert the change completely.

1 Like

the example I was trying to make is to make kill command morph into a ranged skill rather than a melee skill.

if they are intent on having us in melee range all the time, them morph a core melee skill into another melee skill

right?

Throw this iteration of FS out entirely.
It’s a failed experiment that deserves no discussion. Revert it to last build’s iteration.

You tried, Blizzard. Respectfully, this ain’t it.

3 Likes

Been doing more testing on ptr. Please ya’ll, do something interesting with Packleader.

There’s absolutely nothing interesting about this ‘hero’ talent. It doesn’t make you feel any different. Nothing procs noticeably more. Nothing seems ‘more powerful’. It doesn’t even have the fun flare that Legion’s dire beast with the legendary shoulders did.

There’s nothing that differentiates you from any other beast mastery hunter.

Unless it’s tuned crazy good, no one’s going to take it unless they absolutely HATE dark ranger.

2 Likes

TBF pack leader is bugged six ways from sunday, half the talents aren’t functioning as they should

4 Likes

Because only like 3 talents actually work lol

2 Likes

But then you still can’t take advantage of Aspect of the Eagle because now your ranged mongoose bite will make you leap into melee.

2 Likes

Hello Survival Hunters!

We’ve been reading your feedback regarding the recent changes to Mongoose Bite, Mongoose Fury, and Flanking Strike and want to provide an update regarding those changes.

One of our goals with the Survival Hunter spec tree update was to better define niches for each of Survival’s tandem pet-and-hunter attack abilities. Since then, we’ve made changes to Coordinated Assault and Spearhead to better define their use cases as well as the narrative sell of their effects, and last week we felt that it was Flanking Strike’s turn for an update.

We don’t feel that our previous iteration of Flanking Strike fits perfectly within Survival’s kit, but given your feedback, we also don’t think that it being an occasional replacement for Kill Command is a better direction. We plan on reverting Flanking Strike to its previous iteration, where it will remain a separate ability that doubly benefits from Tip of the Spear. We’ll put more thought into Flanking Strike’s place in Survival’s kit in the meantime, but we don’t expect to have a new iteration on this ability’s direction any time soon.

Similarly, we don’t love how Mongoose Fury and Tip of the Spear can pull you in a separate direction rotationally (as previously stated). It’s clear that this new direction for Mongoose Bite invalidates an iconic part of the Survival Hunter experience. For now, we plan to return Mongoose Bite and Mongoose Fury to their previous iterations. We’ll spend time finding a more elegant way to meld the two rotational styles that simultaneously preserves their gameplay.

That’s all for today. We appreciate your continued feedback! Thank you!

26 Likes

what about the marksmanship feedback that was given and ignored?

13 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick turn around! The spender Flanking Strike (most importantly active ability) I believe felt super thematic and did a perfect job of capturing the tandem pet-hunter part of the fantasy.

5 Likes

I hate this reversion. I loved the new flanking strike and mongoose bite changes, and really don’t want to see them going back to how they were.

8 Likes

Why revert it so quickly after a few knee-jerk reactions? Tonight was the first chance I got to even try it out. It was different, but I was getting to like it. I can’t be the only one.

8 Likes

I hate this.

I enjoyed the new Flanking Strike and was going to main Survival in WW due to it. All Flanking Strike is is button bloat.

That said, it does fall into the same issue as the “every 3 casts” problem BM has with the Valarjar dogs. Making it so every Kill Command has a 33% chance to turn into Flanking Strike on the next cast would make it the same PPM while not making us plan cooldowns around every 3rd Kill Command.

Please consider not reverting it, or make it a choice node, where you can choose between the active skill or the Kill Command replacement.

11 Likes

Kill Command turning into Flanking Strike means that half of your talent tree and the entirety of Pack Leader doesn’t work when it’s Flanking Strike. It also has the added “benefit” of being catapulted to your death if there are any mechanics happening.

8 Likes

Everything that affected Kill Command affected the new Flanking Strike. So yes, yes they did.

Also,

Super thematic was when we had Flanking Strike as a resource generator instead of stealing Kill Command from BM.

IMO, they should remove Kill Command and go back to how it was in Legion where Flanking Strike is our focus generator.

3 Likes

No it didn’t? I tested it yesterday. It didn’t proc Sic’em, it didn’t proc Quick Shot, it didn’t do anything with Pack Leader. It didn’t give FotE CD. It was an entirely different spell ID.

5 Likes

This is easily fixed by removing the “jump to enemy” - it’s not necessary. We have harpoon for when we need to close gaps.

1 Like

Removing the “jump to enemy” makes it literally a blue kill command button. It does slightly more damage as KC, generates the same amount of Focus, and gave you 1 extra tip stack. Without the jump it’s Kill Command.

8 Likes

Then shockingly, that’s called a bug, which you’re supposed to report on beta.

Not judge an ability based on the bugs.

4 Likes