Feedback - Everything wrong with Love is in the Air *Holiday*

Hi Devs, Community.

Yes, this is another thread about the event and the mount.

First, I hope this patch brings actual changes to the holidays:

The event:

The event doesn’t receive a proper update for years and it’s similar for all the holidays:

I think that besides the changes listed by some pages, there’s a couple of toys or items added to a vendor, however; How do we obtain those items?

Most of the items comes from a vendor via Love Token currency, which can be obtained by farming Lovely Charm and then turn it into a bracelet and exchange it for a Token.

All this just lead to a 2X4 farm groups or just killing enemies that provide exp.

I wonder if systems like:

• World Quest
  • PvP Brawls
  • Questlines
  • Brawler’s Guild

Could be another source for this currency…

World Quest:

First, Devs could create new World Quest for each Holiday, maybe spawn Crown Chemical enemies at X location and then some WQs around that location, similar to Pre patch events but for each Holiday with some WQs there.

PvP Brawl:

Devs could use the pvp brawls and add some new mechanic or just use existent brawls and BGs but with a twist (Arathi Blizzard is just the same Arathi with a weather effect), Example,

Cooking Impossible

Instead of Deliverying items for a “soup”, maybe We can deliver items to prepare a chocolate or something related to the holiday, some decoration in the BG could be changed during the event, like the Ballon colors and some part of the scenario.

Or add an extra action button with a special power.

Questlines:

I don’t know how the Devs try to add new couples into the game and doesn’t take the opportunity that this kind of Holiday provides for new fun questlines and a reward behind those.

Maybe a questline for these 2:

Or this new couple:

Or just add a new questline about the Crown Chemical comming back…Holidays could be a space for questlines without big lore implications…

Brawler’s Guild:

Why is this still inactive? And it could have some specific bosses for this holiday, there’s several post on this forums about solo content, Brawler’s Guild was solo content and it could be related to holidays.

Meanwhile…

Othe games in the industry keep adding new rewards each year for this kind of holidays, you can check other MMORPGs + Valentine’s day 2023 and find actual changes…

Even OW2 will have a new arcade mode:

“While Blizzard has yet to reveal the fine details of the Love of Geometry LTM, we do know that it is a 4 vs. 4 Deathmatch variant where all participants play as Hanzo.”

WoW Team, What’s new about your holiday this year?

Transmog:

We can have a Yeti suit:

But we can’t use the Gas mask from this holiday for transmog…

I expected it to be removed during the last update to some holiday’s transmogs, another disappointment for this year event.

X-45 Heartbreaker Mount:

First that all, I tought Devs communication improved due to an actual reward dev responding to this grind last year.

This is my personal interpretation of the Dev response, They know that the mechanic (the boss fight) isn’t fun, they also do it dozens of times and they know the impact of other things in real life that could impact this kind of grinds, therefore; why this grind is still in game with a lot of issues?

And Why Devs provided a solution without addressing the playerbase again? If this is a monumenltal mount and Devs considered also all the players that cry about “rarity” being lose, then why rewards Devs didn’t provide their insight.

Devs and CMs created the Community Council but during last year when Halite created an amazing thread to discuss between players that value “rarity” and other players that just want to end this impossible grind, we got just a CM replying with the same answer provided by Reward Dev.

From there, Devs had 1 year for a solution and there’s one now but this solution didn’t fix the issue that drives players to spent hours in this grind each day, I’m doing 52 attempts and I’ve over 2.5k attempts, I know some players value “rarity” but there’s also a lot of time invested in the game and I’d prefer if the Devs and the game removes a lot of mechanics that just waste time.

The following is a list of issues that I perceive with this grind:

Solutions to some issues that won’t impact the “rarity” if Devs do something:

• Instance Limit: If you’re griding this mount with 20-30…50 characters and you’ve most of those characters in the same server, then you’ll encounter the following error:

I can’t even change from this grind to other instance content as a break due to this issue, Devs could do something to help players doing this grind if they don’t want to help with the actual drop rate.

• Remove roles from the event:

The fight isn’t a challenge and I don’t mean that this fight should be like really hard…but it should be like any timewalking dungeon on which Tank, Healer and Dps are requried…

However, Roles aren’t required, players doesn’t drink the potions…I even queue as any possible role because pure DPS classes take a longer queue.

You’ll notice on the following image that our Tank did a great job from the stairs during that run…

• Provide more XP to low levels:

Due to Allied Races, Devs added a new dynamic level requirement, it was added to block players from doing alts and more alts for this grind…Why instead of doing that just fix the drop rate?? But well, that “solution” causes some issues:

1. Collectors must level up each alt again if there’s a new expansion
  2. There’s a lack of low level players doing this event, I only notice like 4-5 low level characters during my 52 attempts per day.

Maybe, stop moving the goal post and add some exp so we can have more players and less time in queue.

Solutions that could impact “rarity”.

• Let us trade the mount:

The event is about celebration, let players trade the mount with their friends…BoE mount.

• Add a BLP:

Just discuss BLP for any reward, we already have a lot of “rare” mounts in the BMAH and those could be technically bought with gold / money due wow token.

Mounts in the BMAH from Raids:

Full list: Abyss Worm, Ashes of Al’ar, Clutch of Ji-Kun, Experiment 12-B, Felsteel Annihilator, Fiery Warhorse’s Reins, Flametalon of Alysrazor, Ironhoof Destroyer, Invincible’s Reins, Kor’kron Juggernaut, Life-Binder’s Handmaiden, Living Infernal Core, Mimiron’s Head, Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Azure Drake, Reins of the Cobalt Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Amber Primordial Direhorn. Reins of the Jade Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Slate Primordial Direhorn, Reins of the Blazing Drake, Reins of the Blue Drake, Reins of the Drake of the South Wind, Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, Reins of the Onyxian Drake, Reins of the Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent, Shackled Ur’zul, Smoldering Egg of Millagazor, Solar Spirehawk, Son of Galleon’s Saddle, Spawn of Horridon

• A flat % increase in the drop:

Maybe, just increase any attempt instead of the first attempt, that could improve the possibilities for most collectors doing this X amount of attempts, We don’t see too many threads with Hallow’s end and Brewfest mounts because those have a better drop rate.

I feel like the Devs didn’t take the opportunity to check this properly and they’ve the community council as sample with different opinions, also some members did amazing threads but with 0 Dev interactions, then those same members lose faith about this feedback tool.

I tought that a mount that always cause a lot of frustation, discussion…etc will at least receive and update and a proper Developer’s note… Like some balance changes:

• Lunar Eclipse now increases the damage Starfire does to nearby enemies by 30% (was 50%).
      • This is an adjustment to the 10.0.5 PTR values for this ability.
  • Developers’ notes: The redesign of Lunar Eclipse proved to be a bit overtuned during testing so we’re reining it in a bit. The current tuning should still make Lunar Eclipse the ideal state for when you’re dealing with multiple enemies at once. Additionally, we’re fixing an unintended bug caught during testing that caused Shooting Stars to not benefit from Cosmic Rapidity.

I wonder how Devs do the testing for this kind of fix…since a lot of collectors have 1k+ attempts which means 60+ years of events with a single character to reach that amount of attempts.

Also, how can we know that the logic behind the first attempt is working properly? If the trading post gave me the mount after 2 hours of grind but a lot of players had issues for days…

Well, that’s my Ted Talk (rant) about the mount and how this event doesn’t provide anything besides just a gamble scheme that even Gacha games provide better chances.

Regards.

19 Likes

The screenshots and pics. posted by you are awesome. I loved the pictures. :joy: :blush: :innocent:

4 Likes

I was about to finish my 52 run for today…Too many instances and this message doesn’t mention the time that I must wait…so maybe I’ll check other things and then run that last alt.

As you can see in my post is not only about the mount but the lack of content for holidays in general, I want evergreen pvp brawls, worldquest…etc that contribute to the event and some new rewards.

2 Likes

They seem to want all the holidays to be different, is the thing.

Love is in the Air is a trash mob grindfest.

Noblegarden is a run around in circles and click things on the ground grindfest.

Brewfest, on the other hand, gives currency through repeatable dailies and a few one-time-quests.

Midsummer and Hallow’s End have daily quests but also one-time tour-the-world quests.

Lunar Festival is tour-the-world, but the currency also sticks around from year to year. The others don’t.

The perfect holiday package, to me, would be the Hallow’s End model, if the currency stuck around like the Lunar Festival coins do. Redo Love is in the Air like that, and stick the Love Rocket on the vendor, and there would be no more complaints.

IMO, that formula just finish at some point, I’d like to see updates to PVP and PVE, maybe We can have something like comp stomp, so every year during hallow’s end comp stomp a lot of pvp players know that they can grind honor from the event…etc

the old formula grind mobs,eggs, some dailies or visit npcs around the world is really boring and doesn’t provide gameplay after the first time…

Yeah, I was expecting all the holidays to get new quests/characters/adventures/something besides (maybe) a reward each year (and we don’t even get that every year with all events).

I wish currencies carried over each year too.

I don’t get why Brawler’s Guild isn’t up every expansion, all expansion either. It’d be good evergreen content.

2 Likes

This is all I needed to see to be on board, never mind the fact that I also agree with the point that Holiday events are in dire need of an update.

3 Likes

Woweeee!

Nice post my friend and some good ideas. I can agree all the holidays need some form of shake up because atm they feel so stale. There’s no incentive to do them anymore.

1 Like

We should have a year-round holiday vendor instead of having the currency and awards that were earned vanishing with the holiday, and screwing over anyone who had something come up, and couldn’t get into the game in time to redeem them.

Excellent presentation. Thanks!

5 Likes

That’s a good idea. Have a central currency for all holidays that can be spent thru out the year. I’d be fine with a reset each year.

1 Like

Agreed. The absolute lowest drop rate for any mount should be 1%. If you’ve run the same dungeon 100 times, you should, on a deterministic level, be granted whatever unique mounts that content has to offer.

The only reason to gate-restrict people from mounts is if they’re associated with prestige (the AH mount, other gold sinks) or skill based accomplishments (AOTC, Key master, gladiator, etc). “I ran ICC 500 times for this mount” should not be a thing.

It enables the worst tendencies in people, both in terms of rewarding masochistic tendencies and creating expectations that people should be rewarded for wasting time.

4 Likes

So you support AOTC/CE mounts being removed after an expansion is over, rather than being converted to a 1% drop chance.

Depending on the nature of the accomplishment, usually yes.

Either that or it should give you a token which lets you pick from an expanding stable of mounts.

I agree with most of this, maybe if they want to keep some of the rarity the rare drop could just be a re-color of the exact same mount. Yes after 182 attempts (13 a day) Valentine’s Day can suck it.

Only Blizzard can create events that instead of feeling rewarding with good gameplay, just feel frustating…Another year of farming a mount for 4-5 hours per day for 0 progress.

I really hope the Holiday refresh on patch 10.1.7 brings a lot of changes for rewards and gameplay…