If I think it is too easy and you think its too hard both can be right depending on playstyle, class etc. For me personally it’s nowhere near a time waste reward-wise.

Here is a raw clear of T11 Fungal as Arms in about 10 mins if anyone wants.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AgP1E6yfo

Did they do something to the death timer? EDIT: Seems to be back now.

1 Like

Completed Kriegval’s Rest on level 5 as a Blood DK. The rare Voidwraith seems to hit excessively hard. It can be interrupted, but couldn’t be gripped or stunned. One of its spells did over 1.5 million damage to me, and it casts often.

Echoing what others have said about Brann’s traps. Their placement is often more of a hindrance than anything, because dragging mobs into them can be a challenge.

As a suggestion, I think the Enchanted Candle buff should be more visible- displayed as a meter, for example. Its position alongside all the other buffs means it gets lost and becomes more difficult to track.

2 Likes

My biggest problem is the damage intake. They do a large percent of my max HP with every attack, and when fighting 3 mobs at a time if I don’t kill them in 3 seconds they can easily kill me.

This was more prevalent in tier 4 difficulty than in 5 due to scaling.

4 Likes

I agree with the sentiments of some of the others so far that some damage in the delves is just too high overall. I’m not a great player by any means but the ambush section in the mines delve was really tough on tier 5 as a Rogue. It’s hard to deal with the spellcasters in combination with the elite shooting webs on the ground and several melee mobs just taking chunks of your HP away. A lot of the delves I’ve done seem to put melee at a disadvantage but the only ranged I tried was hunter which generally was much easier except for bosses but I assume thats just because hunters are just good for this sort of solo stuff. Also I agree with that the Void elite that spawns from the cursed chests was weirdly hard and usually took a life of mine on tier 5 and 6 when I fought it. But yeah I can definitely see a lot of these delves being way easier for some classes than others especially because Brann’s healing can be hit or miss when you’re forced to tank hits from 2-3 big mobs.

2 Likes

I ran Skittering Breach 10 as a holy priest.

The damage can be crazy, but I can mostly heal through it. Having no interrupt can be a big problem considering my fear doesn’t’ work on the elites. The elite shadow elementals can destroy your hp fast I got crit and just died, I was full then dead in less than one second.

The shadow totems layout can be a problem. With the raised floors I was running over the spots I need to with lights rush but I was on a different z axis, so it didn’t’ count.

Lights rush the jump ability you get can take you off the map not a huge fan of this. I would be happier if instead of running over the shadow puddles you a torch or something to dispel them.

The boss I was just not able to do much to him he hit for a ton and my damage output is nothing comparable to a dps with talents and a hero tree that help kill things.

Bram is useless but that not new. He bugged out on me and didn’t come to the boss one time. Also, if I use Fade I don’t drop agro to him. If I mind control an enemy, they will get agro but it like Bram isn’t real in the dungeon other than to sometimes get randomly targeted. Be nice if you gave him the tank roll.

2 Likes

At level 80 on the Alleria server (not “Up to 11” server), I have an average ilvl of 553 with most of my gear being ilvl 554. However, Tier 1 Delves are still threatening for me and have been throughout my entire journey 70-80.

As a Frostfire Fire Mage, I can do enough damage to kill enemies quickly, however, the amount of damage that enemies deal is absurdly high against me. Especially when they deal Physical damage (I only have an 8% reduction to Physical damage taken due to my Cloth Armor). I am also playing with the Imbued Warding talent that gives me an extra shield at 25% effectiveness. With 3326k health, both my shields added together grant me a total of 922k. Perhaps I am simply going about Delves the wrong way by pulling all the mobs in a given pack at once, or when I pull 2 packs at once, but on Tier 1 with the gear that I have this feels outrageous.

I’ve spoken to other Mage players and the consensus seems to be “Kill it before it kills you”, which is ordinarily not a problem given our damage output. But it still feels unintentional to be taking so much damage on the lowest tier possible. Warlock players who are also Cloth-wearers have stated they can easily do Tier 3 with a lower ilvl due to their pets.

Edit:

I just ran Tak-Rethan Abyss, and while the first pack of mobs didn’t even break my shields, the second pack dropped me to 40% health and shattered both freshly casted shields in seconds. A melee from the Kobyss Necromancer does 172k (not a crit) whereas a melee from a Kobyss Trickster ranges from 72k to 125k (not a crit). This is Physical damage which I can do nothing about as a Mage. Additionally, one tick of Defiling Breath (which I’m assumedly meant to be dodging but didn’t for testing purposes) does 686k consistently. This means with two ticks of Defiling Breath casted by 1 mob deals a total of 1372k. That’s a third of my health bar. Their default attack, the Necrotic Bolt, does 283k per hit and I only have 1 interrupt every 20 seconds.

In contrast, Fire Blast does 153k (guaranteed crit) and Pyroblast does 219k (guaranteed crit). The Kobyss Trickers and Kobyss Necromancers both have 2193k Health.

This is at Tier 1.

It would be a little easier to test delves if the “Area ahead is dangerous! Turn back!” didn’t teleport me back to orgrimmar when I am directly outside the delve. Right now you have to quickly dash towards the delve entrance on the “These Go Up to Eleven” realm in order for you to not get sent back to the main city; even then you get sent back most of the time.

1 Like

Generally agree with the above conversations, particularly with some mobs being more dangerous than others.

One thing I wanted to add was Brann was giving me a Lua error every time he summons his Gryphadin. Was grateful he timed it with the boss, until I couldn’t see the AOE effects the boss was throwing at me as it popped up:

Message: …rface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/PartyMemberFrame.lua:225: attempt to index field ‘HealthBar’ (a nil value)
Time: Sat Jun 15 22:52:56 2024
Count: 6
Stack: …rface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/PartyMemberFrame.lua:225: attempt to index field ‘HealthBar’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/PartyMemberFrame.lua”]:225: in function `ToVehicleArt’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/PartyMemberFrame.lua”]:663: in function `OnEvent’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/UnitFrame.lua”]:1028: in function <Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_UnitFrame/UnitFrame.lua:1026>

Looking forward to the other characters you might be able to add to the delves.

:slight_smile: First of all - thanks for the Beta access - it’s always a pleasure get in on the soft launch of the next expansion.

When it comes to the Delves experience - I feel like it’s boring to be totally honest! I think this is suffering from the same vibe as Torgast, Scenarios, etc… What I think players want is LESS Robotic and Repeatable content and MORE MAGIC and a different kind of Dungeon or World Events!!!

I think what would truly be successful is two things:

• A different form of Dungeon that is more involved in community or something more magical and interesting in addition to Mythic+ and I LOVE Mythic+ It’s a HUGE success in the game…But now it looks like there is going to be a Daily Lockout. That isn’t going to be a good solution when people just want to do more Mythic+ in a challenging manner…

• What if you took ALL OF THE GREATEST things you have tried and play that back on Older Dungeons? For example - you take the upgrade System from Torghast which is used in Delves and you take the notion of Affixes and apply them to the Old-World Dungeons from EVERY expansion until now.

So for example you could do Wailing Caverns - and after every Boss there is an upgrade and as you Progress through the Dungeon the Bosses get Harder and Harder.

Which means the upgrade you get after each boss - makes you more Powerful? Even in Mythic+ you could Extend Mythic+ with the same rules and affixes! You could do something like Black Fathom Deep and it has the upgrades after every boss and you could have the Affixes in the Dungeon. The idea is to take it more rewarding so the dungeon bosses don’t just fall over but you can see the more explosive things - like “add Fire Damage to your general auto-attacks”.

I just want MORE Magic and Less Robotic AI easily achieved Content. I want MORE CHALLENGE… :slight_smile:

Challenge me Blizzard - Challenge me Real Hard - I promise I can take it!!! ahah :slight_smile:

I did an 8 of Kriegval’s Rest on my shadow priest void weaver. I did not enjoy this delve. The candle mechanic is annoying with the elite mobs making you move around so much to get out of attacks.

Can you please make the candle mechanic an auto-grab when you walk through it?

I felt ok in this one as far as damage being taken from mobs. Yes, I had to be careful in my pulls but I do not mind that.

I know each delve is different. But I do feel like the damage you take is very off comparatively. I dunno if that’s what you are going for or not.

I think (and a little bit, hope) that the ilvl scaling is just for testing purposes. To allow Blizz to guestimate tuning as the season goes on and people get geared.

It is! I was wrong about that part.

I would like to have a pet bar for Brann to tell him to stay and wait or follow and assist. In the delve with the spider webs he walks all over the webs and triggers the spiders without any need.

I play Drakthyr Evoker on Beta, and can avoid all the webs and other traps, if that stupid dwarf stops following me all over the place like a little dog.

Can someone who has done up to Tier 8 post a screenshot or list the item level recommended in game for each Tier of Delve? I’m slowly working up, but don’t want to assume anything. I’m trying to make a spreadsheet (am nerd).

1 Like

Funny is its the opposite for me
Fun candle mechanic that will hopefully make you think about resources and be immersive in the dark but boss is overtuned slamming me around

1 Like

I just want to say, is it normal that the 574 ilvl delve gives 574 ilvl gear? I think it should be higher, otherwise we can’t progress to the next tier without gearing from elsewhere, which I think makes delves mostly pointless for gearing.

2 Likes

This is just the auto-tuned ilvl and recommended, you can attempt it regardless I believe. It drops Veteran gear (LFR/m0). Veteran gear only upgrades to around 607. But you can get high crests and upgrade powerful items from other places like vault etc to the max with them.

Encountered a bug running Kriegval’s Rest (again). I was roughly halfway through the delve, and had killed the rare mushroom creature that gives the double jump. Thanks to cat aggro, I needed to stop playing and logged out for about 10-ish minutes, figuring I’d get teleported back to the start of the delve.

Instead, I remained exactly where I logged out, but my death counter had been reset, and all of the various powers I’d picked up, including the double jump, were gone.

Blockquote

Tier 4 final boss is overtuned. Just straight up.

The mechanics are not hard, and the delve is very easy. However, when you reach the final boss, it just straight up hits to hard.

Curse of agony, with 1 stack should not be hitting for 40% of the players health pool, per tick. On top of this, Warlocks do not (from what I can tell) have an direct interrupt for these abilities so they have to use a fel hunter as that is their only form of direct spell interrupt which leaves warlocks without the void walker. Also, the void walkers taunt is not powerful enough, and the void walker cannot hold aggro.

In any case, even if Warlock has a spell interrupt that I missed in the talent tree, curse of agony just literally hits to hard. Not only that, the melee attack the boss has, at tier 4, again hits to hard. The boss is nearly one shotting a 4 million player health pool.

The mechanics of delve and the boss are incredibly brain dead easy. But once you reach the final boss, it’s completely unrewarding because if the boss hits you in anyway it almost one shots you. Mind you this was on the LVL 80 realm, with gear that was scaled up to the Delve.

Please tune the bosses down, to be more representative of the difficulty level, since tier 3 is exceptionally easy and a cake walk, but then the boss one shots the player at tier 4, it makes no sense.

1 Like

Bran Summons a Dinosaur for one of my characters (Warlock), please change the model to something small. It just stands there doing nothing and eats in the screen real estate. edit: And makes way to much noise with its stomps.

If you are going to have hard hitting casting mobs or bosses that the strategy is to interrupt them, then please add an interrupt baseline to warlocks as the felhunter can’t tank and we shouldnt have to swap to demo either.

1 Like