It is possible to change the achievement( https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14684/abominable-lives ) to not require all quests or to make the quests daily? I only started working on necrolord’s Abomination Factory after they confirmed Veilstrider achievement is going away on DF launch. And turns out the Factory achievements are required.

This would be just a grind (what a shock, another grind on SL) normally, which would be just fine since i can grind it, but abomination quest sometimes have certain ones that won’t spawn in months, meaning i’m basically screwed by no fault of my own, since i did not know or was confirmed Veilstrider was getting removed till very recently, and i’d need the mother of all lucky RNGs to get the quests needed to get that one achievement done before DF launches.

Any chance they make it doable before DF launch if you started just when announcement happened?

Edit: Just need shadowlands Dilettante now to get Back from Beyond and Veilstrider title, and im working on the achievements. PLEASE make Abominable Lives less RNG so i can actually be done by the time of DF’s release.

50 Likes

I am will you 100%

When the Veilstrider title was discovered I immediately set to work on getting the meta. I just got the level 5 abomination table today because I had to farm all of that anima.

Necrolords was my last stop for doing all the covenant achievements. and now looking at what is required to do for the Shadowlands Diletante achievement, it looks like there’s a hard cap on the progress you can make on that, plus there is an RNG mechanics involved in which abominations you can stitch that week.

Had I known about this earlier I would have started with Necrolords. It is simply impossible to know any of this stuff beforehand.

I feel as though Blizzard should reward the effort and skill you put into this game, not RNG and just dumb luck that someone happened to start their achievement progress with Necrolord covenant.

I support lowering the requirements for the Shdowlands Dilettante achievement out of utter fairness alone.

21 Likes

Yeah, do it!

12 Likes

Daily quests would be great, or just doing at least one quest from each abomination that offers a quest. Abominable Lives is so far out of line with all the other parts of the meta right now.

I’m not honestly sure how long it took me to get all the quests done, I’d done them long ago in Season 1 before dropping that character since it couldn’t get weapons to save its life. All I had left were the guaranteed quests from Naxx and Phillip, so that was easy.

Meanwhile I did Path of Acension in four hours, because they removed the currency cost and the worst part is just collecting the souls. I think Mushroom Man for Night Fae takes 20 some odd days at best? And Venthyr is four weeks purely because of the weekly lockout and needing Honored for Choofa. Without the lockout that’s probably just a few hours of work too.

For anyone that is working on it, or considering it, this comment is pretty solid. Focus the guys with the most quests first, so you can get the most out of the resets you have left. Hopefully it helps, and good luck on your RNG!

12 Likes

I think best fix they could do is change achievement to only require SOME of the quests but not all. That or remove the weekly cap on abominations and let you do next quest of them after you are done already. It’s end of expac anyway, and its a gratuitous lock for people working on Veilstrider who didn’t know it was getting removed until it was announced.

12 Likes

Venthyr is a minimum of 5 weeks since you can’t unlock one of the slots until after you do the first court.

4 Likes

Venthyr is overall doable with the time left, we got exactly 2 months left, or 8 weeks overall, which means if you start now you should be able to do it. Abominable Lives, however, is a different ordeal entirely. It’s weekly nature and RNG of the quests means you can legit end up waiting months for the last quest needed to pop, which is not something you have time for at this point with expac about to end.

What i really think they could do is just loose the meta for Necrolord to only require some achieves, remove the lockout for the quests, or make the achieve not require all quests, just some of them. Same way as how On the Offensive only necessitate 4 achievement out of the list instead of all.

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess. Though Choofa is in the first slot anyway, and the rest will fill out by the time you get it.

I agree 100%. I also recently started working on this achievement and I’ll be upset if the only thing I’m missing is the RNG Necrolord quests. Everything else seems doable.

10 Likes

I agree with the fact that something should be done for late-comers for this achievement. I’ve been playing Shadowlands the whole expansion, and never messed with the other covenants because of the poor design.

It was announced by Blizzard on September 15th that the achievement would be removed on Dragonflight launch, which we now know is November 28th. This isn’t even a 3 month notice, and from what I’ve read, Abominable Lives can take up to 3 months or more to complete.

The BEST solution I recommend is: since there are 12 abominations that you need to craft that offer weekly quests, and each abomination always offers one, the achievement should be updated to only require 12 of the quests to be completed. I don’t see a reason to update The Gang’s All Here (crafting each abomination) since it is not an RNG achievement.

I can understand that the quests would be better as dailies to help with The Gang’s All Here for late comers, but honestly with the notice Blizzard gave you will be able to do The Gang’s All Here before Dragonflight launch, assuming you do all of the weeklies every week.

10 Likes

I’ve also noticed most of you posting on here have very high achievement points, comparatively. I, personally, did not even know this meta achievement existed (since it is a Feat of Strength) so the fact that a lot of us already do a lot of achievements, and we did not know about this already before Blizzard announced on September 15th that it was going away November 28th, speaks volumes to how stupid it is for Blizzard to get rid of achievements that require RNG to get.

We all have grinded achievements before, if Blizzard had given proper notice none of us would have had an issue, but now that they’re removing an achievement that has RNG elements, it is a big issue. Blizzard needs to stop doing this.

11 Likes

+1 to this. To require an RNG achievement that could take 3+ months is absurd. I can see it now; Dragonflight launches this week, no more resets, only one quest left. I log in, pray to the Gods, and… the quest isn’t up. I go cry in a corner for a bit and then am forever salty I missed out on a cool title, not because of lack of trying or skill, but because of RNG. FeelsBadMan.

13 Likes

Honestly to me it looks like a case they didn’t really think it through. They should have addressed Abominables lives when they added Veilstrider to prevent this issue. OR make it clear when veilstrider was added that it was going away instead of waiting for weeks before DF launches. They also pulled a similar move with longboi, in that they didn’t really bother to say it was going away until really late(granted, i managed in time to make the gold, but it would have been infinitely better if they just announced it was temporary from the get-go).

4 Likes

If they made the weeklies cycle instead of RNG, it would be an improvement, since the other covenants aren’t as RNG-reliant. Every Necrolord achievement has a lot of RNG tied to it.

5 Likes

(Note: I already have the Veilstrider achievement/title.)

The portions for Shadowlands Dilettante are bizarrely mismatched between the covenants.

Necrolords requires the ENTIRE meta-achievement that gives the Abominable title.

The equivalent for Venthyr is The Party Herald, but the Dilettante achievement doesn’t require The Party Herald, it only requires Be Our Guest.

To bring the Necrolords portion in line with the Venthyr portion, they should change the Necrolords portion to just The Gang’s All Here.

OR turn all the weeklies into dailies, sure. But while we’re at it, can they take the weekly restriction off of The Ember Court? I just think Ember Court’s a ton of fun, and am sad I can only do it once per week.

17 Likes

This is a huge problem and precedent to set for the game overall. RNG achievements should never be removed from the game.

Not sure how much development work actually would go in to updating the whole achievement to fix this, but I agree. For a meta-achievement that is supposed to cover doing all of the covenant “features” the Necrolord one covers a lot more content than any of the other covenants. The other covenants only take a month max for their achievement, while Necrolord could potentially take several months.

4 Likes

You have 8 weeks. I finished mine in 5 (fake it till you make it and tower ranger were my last ones actually). If you already have progress, don’t worry. My progress is in batches of 6-7 days because I primarily play on weekends, but I even finished the 35 abom mog items too, 3 weeks after my necrolord meta.

Also to blizzard. Stop putting achievements preemptively in the feats of strength category just so you can easily retire them later on. You did this with azeroth’s champion plus veilstrider, and people have operated these two ways with it:

• They don’t care about it because they didn’t have an addon like overachiever or krowi’s achievement filter to see achievements hidden by default until earned. I had a talk with a friend and he basically said to me why would anyone care about those accomplishments vs like immortal or undying (even though he never earned them himself). Two achievements that were VISIBLE in the base achievement panel without addons.
  • People panic when told about the achievements because they don’t ever visit wowhead or have addons to parse the achievements panel for removed achievements.
1 Like

I have Veilstrider.

And I think it should just be the achievement for getting all the aboms, not doing all their quests. That being said, I did still finish that achievement before the Venthyr one, and I started the grind all at once.

7 Likes

I personally consider it fortunate they didn’t require 35 abom mogs; disciple of humility; party herald nor those weird conservatory achievements+exalted court of night. Nor require it all to be done on one character.

Still doable right now for people if they got the operation rolling as of last week. If it were a month from now, I’d be like yeah you are sol.

If you are cucked on RNG regarding abominations, then you are simply SoL regardless. As others pointed out, some abom quests could take upwards of 90 days just to spawn, and we don’t have that kind of time before DF launches. 3 months as worst case scenario is pretty horrible when you just saw blizzard announce its getting removed, set up the stitchyard yet DF launches and you never got the quests you were missing despite doing each one every week.

7 Likes