Favorite book?

On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Makes it even more enjoyable when you realize that the only way that book gets written entirely on one giant scroll in just a week’s time is if he takes a LOT of drugs
1 Like
I liked the "Circle of Light" series when I was younger.
book three of the kingkiller chronicles.

/cry
Hard to pin down. One perennial favorite, that I return to re-read again and again, will have to suffice.

For contemporary fantasy / sci-fi, my top recommendation is the Vlad Taltos novels (Jhereg, etc.) by Steven Brust.
The Prydain Chronicles (5 books) by Lloyd Alexander.

I love a lot of other books too, but those ones have a very special place in my heart.
This is more common than some people’s input but I love The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.

I know that isn’t a book but many. Good read I love the imagery but it can get a little graphic and preachy.
The Dark Tower series hands down my favorite book series.
I'm just posting in this thread to get ideas on books to read.

I have got good knowledge from the following:
The Boy Scout Handbook
The Boy Scout Field Guide
The Foxfire Series
Chilton's Automotive Guide
Haynes Automotive Guides
Survival Wisdom and Know How.
The Marine Corps Guide Book
Kill or Be Killed

ETA Better Homes and Gardens and Field and Stream had a lot of books I lost in a fire but came in handy.
Night of the Vampire by Giles. if not read it. I suggest you do.
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.
1 Like
10/28/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Melantha
I love the apocalyptic horror books.These two are by far my favorites of all time.

The Stand-Stephen King
Swan Song-Robert R. McCammon
Man, I'm always glad to see McCammon get a shout-out. by far one of my top five authors of all time, even though he's a little inconsistent in the quality of his writing at times.

Also really enjoy The Expanse series and Peter Clines Ex- series.

I'm a really fast reader, so I kind of like to stick with either really thick books or book series, otherwise I go through them too quick.
My husband and I have over 3500 books in our home at the moment. There's no way I could pick just one favorite.

Favorite genre? Fantasy, of course. Closely followed by SF and mystery. But probably more than half our books are nonfiction.
1 Like
The Bobiverse was a pretty good series.
10/28/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Ashamara
The Bobiverse was a pretty good series.
I was checking those out the other day. Looked like it might be good. I'll have to add them to my list. :)
The King in Yellow
The Willows
The Nameless City
Cold Print
10/28/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Tyrrist
This is more common than some people’s input but I love The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind.

I know that isn’t a book but many. Good read I love the imagery but it can get a little graphic and preachy.

Precisely why I stopped reading after Soul of the Fire (Book 5) he got too preachy for my taste.
First Heretic - Aaron Dembski-Bowden - my personal favourite, especially among the Horus Heresy series from Black Library.

Any Thrawn novel - Timothy Zahn

Emberverse series - S.M Stirling; Honorverse - David Weber; HALO novels; J.R.R. Tolkien; A Song of Ice and Fire - G.R.R.M.; Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan; Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40K; The Expanse series - James S.A. Corey; Deathgate Cycle - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman; Drizzt books - R.A. Salvatore (guilty pleasure)....

I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting.
All of them. I'll read cereal boxes if nothing else is around.
Oh - she won't see this, as she plays on an EU server and presumably uses those forums if she does forums at all, but a shout out to Storm Constantine's Wraeththu books. I was tickled to learn she is also an enthusiastic WoW player.
Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi. Also, Pump Six, The Shipbreaker by him as well.