Favorite book?

Dosnt have to strictly be wow related but it can be.
Could be a poem.
Could be a short story.
Could be green eggs and ham for all i care i just want to know.
My personal favorite is There will come soft rains by ray bradbury
5 Likes
like the wheel of time series, and game of thrones, few love craft books aswell.
3 Likes
A Song of Ice and Fire books.

I also really enjoyed the Warriors cats series when i was younger, I don't read a lot.
3 Likes
seventh tower series.

sure they are kids books, but they were really good fantasy books.
Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace.
The Long Hard Road Out of Hell by Neil Strauss and Marilyn Manson. A book from my more "gothy" teenage years that I still love today.
1 Like
Dracula
Witcher books series
1 Like
The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix

If I had to pick one, always a great read. I have many books I love though.
10/27/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Seger
wheel of time series
I've heard soo much about this series! I really need to pick it up, eventually >.>
1 Like
Ringworld.

Dune.

Bradbury.

Clarke even though he was writing 2001 while nutty Kubrik was being Kubrik.
Fiction: The Silmarillion, J.R.R. Tolkien, 1977
Non-Fiction: Muslim Spain and Portugal: A Political History of al-Andalus, Hugh Kennedy, 1996
2 Likes
watership down
lovecraft, necronomicon
speaker for the dead

and a wow throw in because it honestly is really good, lord of the clans
Hyperion Cantos.

Ilium/Olympos if you want to read original writing read this.

Dan Simmons will blow your mind.
I have a weird problem where I barely remember what I read. It doesn't really stick with me unless I specifically hear the name. As such, I.. don't really know what my favourite book was. I guess when I was a young teen I really liked Heir Apparent? I read it twice in a week. I read the first Game of Thrones book in two days too.

Hm. Weird.

10/27/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Ughash
I've heard soo much about this series! I really need to pick it up, eventually >.>

It's long, but good. You'll fall in love with a specific character you didn't like in the first few books. You'll come to get really annoyed with women being manipulative and generally awful people. You'll unconsciously think of tugging braids.

It's good stuff.
1 Like
I pretty much have to say Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Remember, kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous.

Since the theme appears to be highbrow sci-fi though I'll throw in a vote for the Red Mars trilogy.
2 Likes
i can't choose just one, so i'll say anything by Terry Pratchett

10/27/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Asana
The Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix
i really enjoyed those too
1 Like
A confederacy of dunces
1 Like
The Kybalion
The Corpus Hermeticum
Sepher Yezirah
Three Books of Occult Philosophy
Sacred Geometry
Euclid's Elements
etc.
New Testament, bread of life babyyy
2 Likes
So hard to pick. I could read Tolkein, Verne (esp journey to the center of the earth and mighty orinoco), Calvino(cosmicomics is top 3 of all time, or invisible cities), or Rushdie(enchantress of florence, midnight children, two years...) 1000 times and never tire of them. I also really like Kingkiller Chronicles, Anything by Charles Stross, classic era science fiction like Bradbury, Dick, Clarke, Heinlein, Aldriss, etc. The Glass Bead Game. The Starmaker. Across the Nightingale floor or Calvin and Hobbes, if the latter can be considered reading.

Nietzsche, Emerson, Goethe, Cervantes, Spinoza, Wordsworth, any Nordic Saga, any Celtic mythology, 1001 nights, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Aeschylus, Rumi, Voltaire, Sertillanges, and many more.

If you include physics or math papers as reading, then anything related and possibly useful to my work becomes an ephemeral favorite.