Favorite book?

I listen to the entire Harry Potter series over and over and over while at work.

So um.. those.
10/28/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Miriel
I'll list my favourite author, I usually enjoy all their books.

JRR Tolkien

Anne Mccaffrey

Patrick Rothfus

Frank Herbert

Carl Sagan

Margaret Atwood

Isaac Asimov

Robin Hobb

Sharon Penman

And many more.

Great list!
One of my favorites is The Jungle Book. I had never had the chance to read it and decided to read it with my SO a few years ago. It's short and very good!

I also like Stephen Kings, Under the Dome. Very loooong, but also very good!
1 Like
Pretty much anything by Victor Davis Hansen

The Bible

The Qu'ran (for completeness sake)

Anything by Harlan Ellison (RIP)

A lot of stuff on the Templar's, middle ages, medieval history.
3 Likes
10/28/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Pretty much anything by Victor Davis Hansen

The Bible

The Qu'ran (for completeness sake)

Anything by Harlan Ellison (RIP)

A lot of stuff on the Templar's, middle ages, medieval history.

I didnā€™t realize Harlan had died. Bummer. Liked what little of his works I read.
1 Like
10/28/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Lilywhite
didnā€™t realize Harlan had died. Bummer. Liked what little of his works I read.

June 28th of this year iinm. Prolific, and profound. Also a total curmudgeon, and PITA to work with, or so I've heard.
1 Like
My story I wrote myself lol
10/28/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Pharsalus
10/28/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Lilywhite
didnā€™t realize Harlan had died. Bummer. Liked what little of his works I read.

June 28th of this year iinm. Prolific, and profound. Also a total curmudgeon, and PITA to work with, or so I've heard.

Complete a-hole to work with and in public on a lot of occasions.
The Lusty Argonian Maid
1 Like
I love the apocalyptic horror books.These two are by far my favorites of all time.

The Stand-Stephen King
Swan Song-Robert R. McCammon
2 Likes
10/27/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Fortuna
I pretty much have to say Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Remember, kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous.

Since the theme appears to be highbrow sci-fi though I'll throw in a vote for the Red Mars trilogy.

Good Omens will be coming out as a tv miniseries early in 2019.

The trailer looks fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSXlNRRoGU
1 Like
The Gormenghast trilogy by Mervyn Peake.
Too many to list them all.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy. JRR Tolken
Gone with the Wind. Margaret Mitchell
The Recluse Saga. L.E. Modisette Jr.
Mistborn Series. Brandon Sanderson
Most of the WoW Books. Minus Stormrage.
"To Serve Man"
Not a book.. it's an obscure little short story about a child named Renny who lives in a little house in the matrix, found in the Shadowrun Virtual Realities sourcebook.
The Prince
Tolkien - Silmarillion.

Got this from my local library. Tried so badly to read it but I found it very difficult to follow. Felt really stupid. >.<

You don't have to feel stupid over that. The Silmarillion is pretty difficult. It's kinda...all over the place and doesn't really have one story/hero that you just follow to the end. Also lots of character/location names are hard to remember. It can be pretty overwhelming and take a few attempts to get through. Although still very much worth a read for any Tolkien fan, IMO.
The night angel trilogy by brent weeks. Fantasy assassin book with magic that's called talent and characters you fall in love with.
10/27/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Swiftraven
I also really enjoyed the Warriors cats series when i was younger, I don't read a lot.

...I still love that series, lol. Only 18, I guess I've got a few years until I outgrow them. ...If I ever do, always end up going back to them after a while to relive them. :P

Oooh, and The Odyssey. Getting my own copy of it this monday, I'm super excited. I haven't read it in a while, super hyped.
1 Like
Dragonlance - The twins trology

The book of the new Sun by Gene Wolf

A song of ice and fire series