Fate of Derek proudmoore

i don’t know if this deserves a new thread but…

how exactly baine was able to contact valeera?
and what would be her plan?

do you guys think that valeera is with the sindorei or with anduin?

in bts she was helping anduin deliver letters to baine, she is the personal spy of house wrynn

oh, thanks, then she can be trusted. i guess.

i wonder why she hasn’t been executed yet by lord’themar or the horde.

mostly because they can’t reach her, i believe she mostly stays close to anduin in stormwind

She’s not part of Silvermoon I think. She’s really just a private spy for the Wrynns. She even participated in the WotLK Scourge invasion of Stormwind and battle for the Undercity on the Alliance side.

his weak back
or
your weak eyes
you perceive only what you see.

Or maybe because being of a race does not mean you HAVE to be loyal to the faction that has the majority of that race. Plenty of neutral goblin cartels or argent crusaders, or pirates, bandits, mercenaries, ect…ect…

Although in war time I am sure she tries to stay away from either faction so she is not drawn into it.

fair point.
because i know that she didn’t liked either the horde or the alliance “that they have done for me?”
but if she was consistent about something, she has been loyal to varian the entire time.

Happy to see Baine doing something, but I really feel like the Forsaken writing ball is bouncing wildly between serving two very different themes here. Zelling and Stone have stories about rejection and acceptance - and Jaina is willing to take Derek?

I know it’s a bit galling to to these forums to suggest that the Alliance should still be racist jerks to the Forsaken, but they’re called the ‘Forsaken’ for a reason. Orcs have been licking the same stupidity orb for over a decade to prop up human themes, is it really too much to ask that blue team gets some mud on its shoes to shore up Horde integrity? Jaina blasting Derek to pieces would have resolved this plot, let Baine say he stopped an atrocity and have handed Sylvanas the consolation prize of vindication for some of her beliefs - you know, the ones that are meant to be motivating Horde players. I’d like some of those. Or for the story to have some nuance about some of the valid points zombie queen has to say about politics in a world with magic and undead.

This just seems so… bland.

i guess we can say that undead acceptance can vary in each case.
jaina had a lot of experience dealing with undead.
i mean, she is the survivor of a zombie apocalypse.
and plus, she recently must have hear about calia being… dead. maybe she contacted her already?

Yo, hate to boast on the forums, but i totally f**king called it!

This was from a thread i made back in November and i didn’t make edits or do anything to fabricate my claim, it’s almost like Blizzard actually reads the story forums once in awhile. I’m just impressed it’s happening on the exact patch i said it could and not 8.2 or 8.2.5.

1 Like

This. It’s also like people forget that NPCs like Renzik exists.

It´s a complex scenario -he did SOMETHING allright, though when one realizes he only decided to act when the individual was the long lost brother of his buddy Jaina the whole thing becomes not so interesting. It feels a little bit like Theramore/Taurajo: Baine grumbles but does nothing when Horde citizens or their allies are the ones being impacted (didn´t see him caring much when Rastakhan was killed and actually made quite the rude remark at the moment), but the moment he sees it´s someone related to his close circle of Alliance pals? lul, unstopable!!, bleh… pl0x Golden, make Baine grow a pair so he can finally roll Alliance at last, cause frankly most of the times it seems that´s nothing more than his biggest dream come true-.

Maybe it would had been better if Baine hadn´t waited for someone related to Jaina Proudmoore to finally act.

1 Like

jesus you are right.

and surprisingly, so was i!

i mean, so far the horde war campaign has been used to develop the alliance.
i don’t know if this is true for the horde side.
we kinda push the zandalari into the horde, right?

1 Like

eh, they were already kinda allies, we see the zandalari aid the horde in attacking anglepoint

okay, we helped to kill the king for the develop of his daughter!

The problem with sneaking to achieve something is indeed centered in the “get caught” dilema… if you manage to reach the goal without getting caught then you´re “smart” (See: Lor´themar in the 5.2 patch); if you get caught before achieving the goal then you are a spineless coward (See: Aethas).

I´ll be honest and say the only thing I dislike a lot about this scenario is Derek itself… the fact Baine at last decided to move his hairy behind is ok, but the fact this seems conditioned to happen only after it was someone related to his Ally pal grates on my nerves.

May I point to you gentlemen how a lot of us rather have kept Rastakhan instead of his generic female action figure daughter? I mean had Talanji died then even the deal with Bwonsamdi becomes MUCH more interesting…

what if it was just a coincidence that derek was related to one of his 2 pals?
don’t you think that he would have done the same for any other in the same position?

i didn’t imply that she was a better choice… only that somehow finally both sides are used to develop each other and not just 1.

the problem would be, that one side gets “good” development while the other…yeah, but that is subjective,i guess.

I actually kind of hope Derek is just pretending in order to manipulate Baine in the long run, cause this has effectively neutralized the entire Horde War Campaign. Everything players have done for a full patch means absolutely nothing.

destroying 2 cities in the pre-patch counts?