Fate of Derek proudmoore

Tldr zelling and baine deliver Derek to the alliance and are arrested as traitors and jaina may be taking Derek to see calia

2 Likes

Does this mean im 1 step closer to rolling that sweet undead pala ive been dreaming about? :thinking:

Also this means mama proudmore (aka KP :3) will live and jaina wont flip flop again!

Finally, i tip my hat off to baine, he finally did something and repayed his debt to jaina- even though he could have been smarter about it

5 Likes

Unless he is already brainwashed, but he is likely being taken to calia by jaina, and unlike Katherine jaina is an experienced fighter and no push-over

1 Like

Yes, thats what i meant with the first paragraph i wrote.

Wowhead even implies so :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s about time that Baine grew a semblence of a spine. Good on you, Baine.

7 Likes

he used to have a spine in war crimes, looks like he got it back

Oh thank God, Jaina took him back.

1 Like

Do you think Baine mentioned the attempted brain control attempt? Seems kinda pertinent.

Lord, how uninteresting.

Big power play by having everyone see Baine’s treachery, though. I look forward to seeing all of the leaders’ reactions.

My prediction is that Derek does in fact kill a Proudmoore against his will and it sends Jaina into a rage and it breaks their relationship. Spurned by his family, Derek will willingly join the Forsaken, somehow rope Calia into it as well and they’ll lead a new future for the Forsaken as the Horde seeing as they can identify with being rejected by their human counterparts over something they have no control over.

The whole happy family thing with Jaina and Derek seems WAY too good to be true and knowing Blizzard, they’ll want as much chaos as possible.

Goodbye Alliance lightforged Forsaken :sob::sob::sob:

So does Baine not know about what Sylvanas did to Night Elves in Darkshore?

Why go out of the way for Derek, but not them?

4 Likes

The Night Elves are seemingly willing participants. Derek clearly was not. There’s nobody to free with the Night Elves.

There was the quest where you sometimes had to kill angry wisps if you tried to Rez some Night Elves which strongly implies it’s by choice.

They’re seemingly unwilling participants. We’re just being told they’re willing by a single ability in a quest, and it otherwise makes no sense.

Literally nothing Delaryn or Sira does or says suggests unwillingness. Your sense of what “seems” to be is based on wild conjecture.

2 Likes

Hes sneaking around in the dark trying to not get caught. Thats not growing a spine thats acting as a spineless weasel.

If he grew a spine he would do it openly right in everyone’s face.

4 Likes

Derek Proudmoore: What… what is this? Why am I… What have you done to me?!
Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Why Lord Proudmoore, I’ve given you a chance to reunite with your family.
Derek Proudmoore wails after realizes he was revived as a Forsaken.

Then is placed an elaborate dark beam conditioning setup.

Derek Proudmoore says: Please… help me. I… I don’t know what’s happened. What’s been done to me.
Derek Proudmoore says: I remember the battle. Orcish dragon riders. Our decks consumed by flame. I felt a blaze of agony, and then… darkness.
Derek Proudmoore says: I was… dead, wasn’t I? But for how long? I am not quite alive, and yet… I don’t understand this! Please… PLEASE… how is this possible?!
Derek Proudmoore says: Tell me… tell me, where is my father? My mother? Jaina… Tandred… please… please, I’m so alone! Don’t… don’t leave me alone!

Versus Sira immediately.

Death comes for us all you old crone. The dark lady merely released me from a fate of decrepit ineptitude.

Still you have the nerve to command me? You who abandoned the Watchers in your selfish pursuit of a single prisoner?

Do not test my patience.
At last I see the true path.
Our enemies will suffer.
No words. Only pain.
Elune’s promises were empty lies.
I was a fool to believe.
Now my true hunt begins.
Death will claim them all.
Pester all you want… but know that my glaive is sharper than EVER!

i like this way to introduce derek into the alliance without destroying the brain cells from the kultiran leadership.

i am glad that jaina isn’t made look like an idiot for accepting him with open arms. (and neck)

i still think that he is going to get a kill.
But now that she will probably introduce him to calia and maybe she can heal his mind somehow before he can kill someone gives me hope.
and hopefully,we one step away from another flip flop. nobody wants that :smiley:

1 Like

I also can see this happening very easily. I wonder whether Jaina will blame Baine for “setting her up” - although, given how the writers have apparently handwaved that all the Alliance blame Sylvanas alone for everything awful that’s happened, I suppose that’s not likely.

I said a semblence. You’re right in that he’s sneaking. But he’s ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING. The spine growth is there. He is no longer a flapping suit of flesh.

2 Likes