False ban for Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks) x2

yes I’ve filed two on both accounts and update them everyday.
the only reply I get is a copy paste terms of service violation.
most of the replies are allegedly from the same gm or blizzard cs.
I just need to get outside attention on this because the timing doesn’t make sense.
both accounts were banned within 6 hours of clearing sm gy.
my new account played for 2 weeks now with no problem.
I go to sm and then banned hours later.
it’s too consistent to not be correlated. and I’m not hacking/cheating/botting or anything like it says.
I just need someone to actually look at the data and help me.

Not gonna happen here. If they are closing your tickets and suspending new accounts, mean Blizzard has you dead to rights. Perhaps STOP multiboxing.

there are 50 summoners in chat.
what is wrong with multiboxing?

Okay, what does that have to do with anything?

you told me to stop multiboxing.
i dont understand how that is relevant.
what is wrong with multiboxing?
there are hundreds of other players playing like this.
are you trying to imply multiboxing is against tos? is that true?
I’ve played like this the entire time in classic and only now having an issue.

what does stop multiboxing have to do with my issue?

edit =) interesting edit there my friend.

but my question was genuine.
you are the first person to bring up multiboxing as the issue. I’m not trying to be obtuse or troll. I am trying to find help with my problem caused by an automated ban.
I know multiboxing rules changed in sod, but is anything im doing actually against tos in sod? maybe it is different here.
1 key stroke is 1 action for me and i have always alt tabbed or clicked into every window for every summon or trade I have ever done.
I’ve boosted them all myself with a mage or in this case a shaman.
I never exploited the lockout reset.
I am genuinely looking for an explanation for my situation.
I mentioned the 50 summoners because it is clear that other people are multiboxing in a similar way, so I again return to their being some sort of issue with sm gy

If they are told to stop submitting tickets do not advise them to open more please. That is GM harassment and can result in an entire Battlenet account being closed.

8 Likes

Nothing wrong with multiboxing but the new rules pretty much make it pointless unless you love having to keep switvhing between clients to do every action for each client every time.

Any other way will land you here

A few clarifications:

The blues here are Customer Service Reps and don’t play the same roles as GMs. They’ll have no say as to what happens to your appeal and won’t give you a cut and dry explanation. While they can check into and clarify some things that is the exception and not the rule.

Multiboxing in and of itself is a bit of a meh spot. Basically anything that automates gameplay is against ToS. If you’re multiboxing and those other accounts are to automatically start farming for things that is in violation.

Multiboxing isn’t explicitly punished to my knowledge but it’s not supported either. You do so at your own risk.

You’re beyond the point of receiving support. If action was taken on your account your only recourse is an appeal. If you appealed and they said ‘no’ you can keep appealing until they tell you to stop because they won’t look at any more appeals.

Nothing is automated, everything is looked at by a person and it seems that investigating your account leaves them to believe you’re guilty. Of course we’re not GMs as this is primarily a player-to-player forum so we will have no real info as to why action was taken but GMs and other support staff are also not obligated to give you one. Mostly out of fear that you will use it to try to circumvent the security measures in place.

My advice: Just farm normally instead of trying to multibox and be ‘super efficient’ with it and eat the punishment. Note that penalties stack up to a perma ban so the two weeks you were slapped with signify you’ve been down this song and dance before. Because of that I’d just…well, stop doing things that may be questionable.

1 Like

I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

Please understand that it may seem that they don’t look at your explanation, because they are looking at their own logs, which would be far more extensive than anything you could add.

They use a form letter to give everyone the same answer, but it’s deliberately vague because a majority of accounts are trying to determine HOW they got caught so they can CIRCUMVENT in the future. And they all sound like a genuine victim during the appeals process. Apparently Blizz bans thousands of accounts each month for hacking and bottling activity.

Unfortunately, that means that, sometimes, innocent people get caught up by doing something they didn’t realize was triggering the system or having programs on their computer that trigger it. However, they can’t just come out and say, “these things trigger our system”, because that’s how people game the system.

It means that you need to keep appealing, if your account has been mistakenly actioned. Best of luck to you.

3 Likes

I say the same thing that I told someone in another thread.

Something on your system is triggering Warden, the system that picks up automation programs. It could be a program that you use for another game or for work. Multibox programs such as AutoHotKey, ISBoxer, or Opensource are common. Anything on your system, even if it’s not running, can be picked up. Also, if you use any software (keyboard or mouse software but not limited to those) outside of the game UI to make macros that allow more than one action per key press are not allowed and can be picked up.

I can see that - however, why are many of these others under a different name?

22 Likes

Sus :eyes:

2 Likes

I think the OP might have the answer to why this is happening. Running several accounts together with different names on each is never a good idea.

4 Likes

I made these accounts, except for the newest one, back in the day with RaF.
In fact , they all should be linked together with RaF or to each other.
When RaF was used like that, there was never a slot for the name.
It’s never been an issue before, but it should be clear from payment info that they are all mine.
if this is the problem then how do I fix it?

Staysafe has recently came out with a video talking about problems with the automated ban system.
It’s clear there is a automated banning system targeting players who play a lot.

Automated? No.

And any account you have access to should be in your name.

You could try to ticket in to get them adjusted.

10 Likes

No they don’t and no one on YouTube can prove it. Blizzard has stated all reports are looked at and all decisions of account actions are done by a human. Spreading lies isn’t going to fly here. You are the reason we have so much misinformation around the reporting system here on the forums.

You have a bunch of accounts that aren’t in your name. That has been against the rules since WoW launched. It would be considered to be proof of account selling and trading and is an instant perma ban.

11 Likes

Youtubers/streamers post what they feel will get them the most views, as that is how they earn their living. It doesn’t mean they know or understand how the process works. They could be promoting an urban legend because that’s what people have DMed them about. The streamer that “tested” the system was punished for abusing the system, not for being “mass-reported”.

correlation does not imply causation.

Edit:
I don’t believe I have seen any post claiming mass-reporting caused their account action to be that. Every account action reported this way on the forum was confirmed to be the result of a single report, not mass-reporting.

11 Likes

There is always a place for the name of the account holder. You had to enter one, and did, which is why there seem to be other names on the accounts. Blizzard has always required us to use our real legal information when establishing an account.

It was fine to RAF yourself - you never needed to make up names, or use other names, to do it. Doing so has always been grounds for account closure. ONLY the person using the legal name on the account is supposed to access it. Blizzard does not allow account sharing, transfer, buying, selling.

He profits off clicks, and has zero knowledge of how the Blizzard anti cheat systems actually work. Keep that in mind. He profits off views. Blizzard loses money off banning people.

Who has incentive there?

I can hope he is just incorrect and misunderstands how the anti cheat systems work and it is not intentional.

8 Likes

i think everyone replying about the video so far hasn’t actually watched it.
but his group is suffering the same problem I have right now.