False ban for Unauthorized Cheat Programs (Hacks) x2

48 hours before phase 3 my main account was banned for clearing SM GY late at night trying to farm the warlock rune. I made sure to wait for the lockout and I ignored everyone telling me about how to reset my lockout timer and even admonished them in chat not to exploit it.
support is totally unhelpful and ignores any attempt to fix it.
I gave up and rerolled a totally new account. This is a brand new account with trade restriction still on it.
Last night after clearing sunken temple I decided to head back to SM and try to finish some more warlock runes so I could add more summoning locations to my list.
I was extra careful not to abuse lockouts and I even added Library to my loop despite it not dropping the rune I was looking for. I was trying to be extra careful and safe.
hours later this account is now banned as well.
It seems clear to me there is some sort of script that is banning me for doing something in SM GY.
I am a long time player with multiple accounts in good standing and I have been offering summoning services since day 1 classic.
I can submit ticket numbers or any proof required. I am happy to talk to support and help figure out exactly what is causing this as I am sure I am not the only innocent person banned for this at this point.
I had multiple of my accounts in the same group and only the main character has been banned twice now.
the only thing that seems to be in common is clearing SM GY late at night.
all of my other accounts are totally unaffected.
How do I get help with this?
anytime I appeal on either account it is simply closed with the copy paste.
they don’t even read what I write.
Is this the wrong place? Where can I get actual support?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your help.

1 Like

The only way to appeal your penalty is through the ticket system. Blizzard will not reveal information concerning how they arrived at the decision to penalize your account (i.e., what triggered such a response).

Appeal tickets are meant as a request for a GM (will be a different GM for each appeal) to look over a penalty and decide whether it shall stand (i.e., evidence supports the penalty) OR to decide to withdraw the penalty (i.e., evidence shows the penalty was made in error).

It is not meant as a form of communication where one pleads their case.

We can continue to submit appeals until they tell us that no more appeals will be accepted in reference to that penalty.

You will need to assess what you are doing and how you are playing so as to ascertain if there is something on your system that is triggering the penalties.

Are you using any type of automation software or hardware? Are you using macros made from outside the game?

6 Likes

I am not using any automation or any software or hardware.
I suppose my logitech mouse has macro keys and functionality, but I am not using any of that in anyway.

On the main account I did have macros to /target main and /f. But my understanding is that this would be legal?

Nevertheless, I did not use ANY macros on the 2nd ban. I did everything alt tab and by hand. Regardless, the fact that only 1 account is effected each time makes me think it is more likely caused by something in SM GY.

To be frank, trying to spitball what may or may not trigger something isn’t what this forum is for. Much less when there isn’t a way to prove such.

1 Like

yes, at this point I am hoping someone from customer service will see this thread because I need an actual human support agent to look at the data and help me.

Well, to pop that bubble - the blues here ain’t part of the team that handles the appeals and said team doesn’t post/read the forums.

3 Likes

what else can I do? my 20 year old account is gone for an automated ban and support doesnt answer. I need support.

I did not bot or automate or use software in anyway.
I’m literally just playing the game and trying to get class runes for my alts out of sm gy.
After the second ban it’s super clear that something is automated and running amuck. Where can I get support with this?

No where nothing u say or try to prove will be taken into effect LOGS are LOGS either they lie or telling the truth this forum is a player help desk not a means to bypass the ticket system.

And look despite what redit karrens say the only thing automated is the squelch every account action and apeal is handled by a real person 100%

2 Likes

The only path you have is through appeal tickets.

There isn’t any way to directly speak with a GM. Live Chat - when available (which hasn’t been for several months now) - is not for appeals. One of the big reasons we lost having a phone line to call was people flooding it with issues not meant to be addressed over the phone.

When you account is sanctioned, all you can do is appeal through the ticket system.

You’re hung up on SM, but it is almost never what you were just recently doing. Investigations can take several days, if not weeks to take place before a sanction is handed down.

I will note though - we’ve seen quite a bit lately where a ticket for botting/cheating/hacking has been escalated to another tier if the GM handling the appeal thinks something is off. The bad thing is the player isn’t really informed of this. Your ticket will be closed out with the same appeal templated response. The reason they will do that is because once it’s escalated, as far as that lower tier GM is concerned, the ticket has been addressed. There is no ticket # or reference for escalated tickets, so leaving the other one open serves no purpose.

Perhaps in the morning when the SFAs get in, one may pop in and can take a peek to see if that has been the case for you in any of the back and forth.

But none of that will give you the information you’re seeking as to what exactly is flagging your account. That kind of information is exactly what the real botters/cheaters would just love to have their hands on.

You don’t know that. While they may not let your claims bear any weight on your appeal - if they weren’t going to read it, they wouldn’t provide you the spot to write in anything.

One looks at the data each and every time you send in an appeal. An appeal is a fresh pair of eyes looking through all of the data. Just because you’re not getting questions answered or anything clarified does not mean there is no human element. Every business and corporation uses templates. Blizzard is no different. It helps to streamline things rather than writing the same email fifty times over in a shift, and it keeps all the information going out uniform.

This isn’t GD. We don’t presume to say who is doing what or what the Blizzard GMs are seeing on the back end of things. That is strictly between a player and Blizzard. It’s not our place here on CS to try and shame them or assume that we know anything about that person’s case. We can speak about policies and other similar cases, but judging someone when you have no clue what’s going on - not really kosher.

In fact, there’ve been quite of few of these sorts of sanctions overturned here of late. It just takes time for the appeals process to do what it’s meant to do. Blizzard isn’t perfect and they’re the first ones who’ll admit that. They’re real live humans who can make human mistakes.

7 Likes

to be honest, I giggled when my first account was banned. I was proud that my farming was so efficient I had somehow triggered a automatic ban.
I was confident it’d be overturned before phase 3.
It wasn’t so funny when I realized I was never going to get any support.
My raid group was left hanging week 1.
I rerolled and releveled for week 2.
It doesn’t seem like anyone reads the tickets at all.
I even submitted a ticket from this account and received the exact same copy paste, and this account isn’t actioned against at all. (despite also being in the group last night)
I’m not hung up on SM, it’s just obvious that something here is going wrong in SM.
Both accounts are banned within 6 hours of clearing SM GY looking for runes for my alts.
The second ban has almost made me feel better, cuz the first time I was just lost and not sure what did it.
the timing is so suspicious it seems super obvious at this point a script is going haywire and banning people.
just need to get the right eyes on this post so that someone can help me.
thanks everyone !

I don’t know how clearer anyone can be. There is no such thing as “the right eyes”. Customer Support is an info desk of sorts that is helmed by us, your fellow players.

GMs answer tickets, they NEVER come to the forums, so your post will literally never been seen by a GM. There is literally no way to try and flag down a GM, and no other staff has a hand in dealing with investigations/sanctions/appeals. None. Zip. Nada.

The ONLY Blues you see on this forum are SFAs. They’re limited to the forums and the CS social media accounts. They have no part to play in appeals, they can’t find that sweet-spot GM who will do all that you’re hoping for. In their capacity though, they can see if a ticket has been escalated or perhaps offer their thoughts on whether or not they believe a sanction may or may not be upheld. That is really all you can expect your posting on the forums will do.

I know it’s not what you want to hear, but facts are facts.

Except you have. Every single blessed time you’ve sent in an appeal, a real live person has been assigned that appeal. A real live person has done their part in going over all of the data used to sanction your account(s). A real live person sends out that TEMPLATED response.

You may not like how Blizzard does things, but you’ve received exactly what most every other player receives. Support in the only capacity a GM can provide to you. The same procedures followed as with every other appeal that comes through their system.

Again, I am sorry that you’re going through this, but your expectations are not realistic in how Blizzard tends to operate.

I do sincerely wish you all the best, and I’m crossing my fingers one of the SFAs will be able to offer you some insight once they get back into the office several hours from now.

7 Likes

I mean there is 10 blue replies in this forum below this.
any replies here is just more people that will see this.
eventually someone will look at it and send to their coworker and then hopefully I finally get some help.
i dont have any other option at this point.
there is no where else to get any support

So what do u expect the blues to do they wont step in they wont intervene if it was chat violation they will shed some light but thats all ur barking up the wrong tree here.

that’s a very odd take for someone just trying to get help!
but i thank you anyway for adding to the thread.

They will tell u exactly what weve been telling u but ur refusing to listen.

someone, somewhere, can help me. just need to find them. Thanks!

Except that won’t happen. The SFAs don’t handle tickets other than to see what their status is, and the don’t handle account action appeals at all. There is no sending this thread to a buddy in another department. There is no “hey, he seems nice, lets cut him some slack.”

Everytime you appeal, you the logs are looked over by a different set of eyes. Absolutely nothing you can provide (screenshots, chat, personal account of what you were doing) has any bearing at all on the process. Unfortunately all of that information can rather easily be faked on the internet.

It seems like you might be multi boxing? You aren’t doing anything to streamline this process, that would get you. One keystroke = one action. You have to alt tab between clients and do the actions on each character.

It could also be some other software on your PC that you don’t use for WoW but could be used to cheat on wow. Auto Hotkey is a big one.

4 Likes

yes, I was multiboxing my alts and trying to get the class runes out of sm for them. I killed the first boss in gy multiple times. on the 2nd account i fully cleared gy and then would go to library because I thought it might be safer. It seems not.

one keystroke = one action. I did everything by hand and alt tabbing.
I didn’t streamline or automate anything.
it was incredibly slow moving around and looting. I work from home and was very casual with it.

I don’t have auto hotkey installed on this pc.

there are blue responses here so I will continue to try.
anything that gets more eyes on this is good in my opinion.
the current support path doesn’t leave me any choice.
my main account has been banned for 2 weeks now and no matter what I write it is instantly closed. its clear that nobody has looked at the data.
especially after the second account now it is clear to me that something is broken.
just need someone to pass this along. Thanks!

Did you file an appeal?

Nothing can or will be done over the forums.

4 Likes