Failed character transfer

I understand that transactions fail, but I believe it’s wrong to get a reply from a ticket that is untruthful (let’s be honest, a lie). The reply said the transfer didn’t go through due to mail or pending auctions and I’d be refunded. However that is not accurate because the character does NOT have mail or auctions pending as I verified today AND transfer errors out if those exist prior to payment. It assails the reputation of Blizzard customer service to get such a dishonest response and I have to wait for the funds to be refunded or pay another fee to transfer the character as was intended. The character was in limbo and I had to open a ticket after several days of being “stuck”. Why lie to me? Do you just expect that I am clueless and don’t know the process that I would just say “Oh, ok.”? So my question for the forum is when these ticket replies are so out in left field, clearly have not been read carefully and/or exhibit such terrible service, what should be the remedy for what some might consider unethical business practices be? I’m appalled how bad this response was, mostly because it’s not true, but also so dismissive that I would know how a transfer works after doing dozens of them over the years. Uggh, help!

Have you re-opened the ticket? You can do that, just go to the button and select “I still need help” or something like that.

2 Likes

I’ve done that but I’m tired of terrible ticket replies that get nowhere. In this case it involves a paid service so brought it here for discussion about how to remedy untruths and just overall bad c/s.

If its due to main im assuming this is probably on classic unless proven other wise id wager my invicble that it from zandalari dailies in ZG or western plaguelands that will come in the next 24hrs.

1 Like

If you are looking for a discussion, you’ll want to post on General Discussion. This is more of a help desk to point where people need to go and answer basic questions. A SFA might chime in, but there is no guarantee.

1 Like

Ok do u have anyone on ignore that can cause that issue as well.

1 Like

No this is on Shadowlands, the character to this second has no mail or auctions pending or anything. Actually it’s not a toon I play all that much but was considering for 9.2

Hmm. I think sometimes mail can arrive after a transfer is initiated, and that can throw a boot into the works.

Have you checked whether you have any mail from someone on ignore? That hides mail but leaves it in the mailbox.

No, ignore list is empty.

Did u empty it prior or after the failed attempt.

Not sure the tone there, ofc I didn’t just empty it. I don’t have a single person on ignore and haven’t in years.

Do me a favor and try a Full UI reset just to rule it out it can affect 1 or all toons either delete or rename the WTF/cache/interface folders.

A bit of a long shot, but you can try a full UI reset and checking again… just in case the client bugged out and isn’t showing something that should be there.

1. Log out completely
  2. Rename WTF and interface to WTF_old and interface_old respectively
  3. Delete cache

Also, just to be clear – the several days you’d mentioned means more than 48 hours? There are quests that spawn mail that “deliver” at the 48 hour market, which can also interfere with transfers.

Edit: Geeze Darth, stop living in my head. :frowning:

So everyone knows I’ve done dozens of transfers. Not a novice on the topic. The response was canned and very botlike, as most are. IF mail were to have come after the transaction it shows up in your mail post-transfer. The transactions would not have even passed the check before payment if mail was in process or from an ignored person.

Well, if you’re satisfied you’ve checked all the boxes, I think there should be a reply or link at the bottom of Blizzard’s response indicating that you still need help. The next GM should take a closer look.

Well we ruled out everything else.

I’m sorry but I’ve done 6 transfers recently, prior to this one and my UI is fine. I’m not going to reset and rebuild a UI when it’s not the issue. The issue is a transfer failed and a person put the wrong reply instead of just saying the system screwed up.

To be frank, the forums has no real means to help in this - the blues here ain’t really able to help. They can peek in on it, but they can’t really say much and most like tell you to reply to your ticket for them to look at it closer.

1 Like

You would be surprised what a corrupted UI can cause even months down the line we realy cant rule it out untill u try you lose nothing if u just rename the folders.

As my og post says, it’s the reply of mail/auctions being an issue and that is 100% not the case. Which means the real reason is something else but my money is held up and I have to gamble or wait for the refund.