Faerlina Full at 2:30 PM, Sigh

It really isn’t though, So “What If” 1,000 people took the free server transfer then 1,000 more people made characters in their place. It honestly fixed nothing!

Your common answer is so negligent to the problems.

transfers closed?

That’s true, but the important distinction to make here is that the maintenance of physical infrastructure is now offloaded to the third party, which makes it far easier to expand your processing requirements as needed, without first having to purchase more hardware (or in extreme cases, real estate).

They are related in the sense that the more players logged in to a realm, the more layers there might be.

If there are 15k people logged in, there might be 5 layers, whereas if there are 20k people logged in, that might be more like 7 layers.

All the layers do is split up the existing number of people into manageable chunks so you don’t have thousands of players in one zone competing for the same pig snouts or whatever.

But there is a cap on the total amount of players on each realm, and once that cap is reached, everyone else trying to get in will sit in a queue.

Adding more layers does not increase the total population cap of a server. Having a higher number of players logged in may add more layers, though, up to a server’s cap.

Take the transfer or keep quiet. You are the only reason you are sitting in a queue right now.

1 Like

No it isn’t if more people jump on the full server they will just offer transfers off it again. if your not willing to take the solution provided by Blizzard your going to have to deal with longer and longer queues and we will keep laughing at people who complain about a problem they themselves created.

Guys,

I think I might have cracked the realm cap’s secret formula:

(Number of players allowed on each layer) x (Number of layers allowed on the realm) = Realm cap

It really isn’t though. If people keep joining the server the Transfers don’t fix anything. We need a lot more servers and to restrict new players from joining Max capacity servers.

You literally aren’t seeing the issues at all. There will always be Ques unless other measures are taken.

Yes it does though, maybe it doesn’t DIRECTLY but it is the reason there are more people allowed on one server.

If you removed all layers right now on the capacity they are at, the server would be unplayable. I don’t mean like “OMG I CAN’T TAG ANYTHING” unplayable, I mean like “I can’t login to the server” unplayable.

The REASON they can increase the cap sizes is because of layering. If they wanted to they could increase the cap to WAY WAY WAY WAY more than they have now and just manage it with layering. Without layering this would not be possible.

This is true, layering is the reason we are able to have the massive cap sizes that we do.

I was just trying to explain that you can’t just increase one without the other and expect it to be fine.

Blizzard doesn’t want to increase caps any more, so adding more layers doesn’t really help.

Yup, but what this guy (and many others), are arguing against is people who are claiming # of layers are not related to que times at all. Which is obviously wrong.

1 Like

Yeah dead servers, nice solution.

Wouldn’t be dead if people would take the transfer.

1 Like

the streamer situation means the faerlina problem wont be improving for a long time, sadly.

Re-roll or sit in queue.

Layers don’t have anything to do with login queues.

I moved to Faerlina a few nights ago, I am happy with this move and there are many of us here.

we are medium pop at peak hours and we are growing by about 500-1,000 characters a day according to wowcensusplus (not player, character)

That being said the first night i was here we peaked (Horde) at 700, night 2…1000, night 3…1200.

It IS growing, it’s fairly balanced between horde and alliance too. There are a bunch of big guilds on the fence about moving and as the layers are reduced the pressure will increase to move.

Faerlina is also not as populated as many think it is. The server is just VERY populated at peak hours. If you look at the wowpop website and look at it, its middle of the pack, its just every single person and their mom is trying to get online around the same times probably due to the streamer presence.

Alliance Pegal for example has more characters than all of Faerlina together XD

wowpop . appspot . com

? We’re “Full” at peak hours with up to 6 hours ques, what are you talking about?

1 Like

Faerlina is full, the server heartseeker than i moved to, is not

well

you’ve got a typo then.

1 Like